Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think my fat is turning into muscle, which is a good thing because my biggest issue is I have wide hips and huge thighs. I am exercising my hips and thighs everyday, sometimes twice a day. I have 3.5 cc in my 10cc band, eating no more than 1200 calories, drinking 80-100oz of nothing but Water, BUT I have gained 5lbs. I still have 100lbs I need and want to lose. :(

Muscle weighs for more fat! notice inches gone?

Yes I have lost 10 inches on my hips and 4 on the thighs and I am very excited about that, but of course the dilemma with the thighs is that I still have to wear alot of the same pants from before I lost 75lbs. and they are extremely big in the waist cause I have this pear shape. I try to wear dresses all the time, but with the cold weather coming, pants are going to be needed at some point. I am happy for my progress, but I so HATE my thighs!!

sounds like muscle weight to me. Keep doing what you are doing and the weight will follow. Losing inches is a very good thing.

But are those solid thighs or jiggly thighs?!! 71 pounds down, you are amazing.

Try to be kinder to yourself, or I will have to stalk you daily to cheer you on! : )

What you are doing is working and muscle weighs more then fat. But just in case you are not happy at the end loss of 100lbs then look into Lipo or plastic sugery.

I hate my arms... hate to excercise and surgery is just not worth the cost or pain at my age so I have decided that I will not go sleeveless.... and I live in Florida..

I guess I look at my face and it is not moon shape anymore and I have one chin... I look at my stomache and I can look down and see my feet.....my butt has disappeared and I don't have fat knees... fat knees who has fat knees I did. so with all I 've lost I guess having bat wing arms is doable , I wouldn't trade them for the solid fat ones I had before.

What I am saying is look at how much you have lost and how hard you are working and be happy . If in the end you can't get rid of those hips all the way then you have surgical opitions or you can just learn to dress for them and live with them. Good Luck you are doing great....

Thanks everyone! I know you all are so right! I have to stop beating myself up. It's in my genes! Mayasgram what did you do about the fat knees or they just went away as you lost weight?

Q: Does muscle really weigh more than fat?

Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers.

A pound is a pound is a pound.

Where the misunderstanding often comes in is that muscle is much more dense than fat, so that, by volume, it seems to weigh more. That is, a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat. In addition, because a pound of muscle burns more fat than a pound of fat, even at rest, by increasing your lean muscle tissue mass, you're helping your body burn more calories.

i got this from this link:

http://www.weightwat..._id=8311&sc=128

Wow! 71 pounds lost, I can not wait to be where you are. I have never in my life lost 71 pounds but I want that to happen to me. You are an inspiration! Keep it up, you are doing great.

Q: Does muscle really weigh more than fat?

Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers.

A pound is a pound is a pound.

Where the misunderstanding often comes in is that muscle is much more dense than fat, so that, by volume, it seems to weigh more. That is, a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat. In addition, because a pound of muscle burns more fat than a pound of fat, even at rest, by increasing your lean muscle tissue mass, you're helping your body burn more calories.

i got this from this link:

http://www.weightwat..._id=8311&sc=128

CG is correct, (thanks for posting this) A pound is a pound is a pound! Think of it this way though. If you would look at a pound of fat (use Jello as the fat) and a pound of muscle (use a chicken breast) which one looks bigger. The fat does. So the reason you get smaller when exercising is that as you are building muscle you are burning fat. Muscle is much toner than fat so you look smaller. I weigh 130 lbs, have 25% body fat and look like I weigh around 120lbs. Constantly I have people who do not believe I weigh as much as I do and think I am now to thin. I am toned, I have done strength training consistently the past 8 months, have only lost 30 lbs but have lost multiple inches. I lost 30 plus inches off my entire body in that same amount of time, I had times when I lost weight and no inches and sometimes I lost inches and gained weight. The scale can not be the only focus of getting healthy, you have to take the whole package.

CG what a girl , you are so right a lb. is a lb. I guess 1 lb of muscle just looks so much better then 1 lb of FAT. Just like tan fat looks better then white fat think about it.

Fat knees well I just looked and one day they were gone, I do do Water areboics I don't like to sweat ya know... Southern women glow......

CG what a girl , you are so right a lb. is a lb. I guess 1 lb of muscle just looks so much better then 1 lb of FAT. Just like tan fat looks better then white fat think about it.

Fat knees well I just looked and one day they were gone, I do do Water areboics I don't like to sweat ya know... Southern women glow......

love that southern glow

Wow! 71 pounds lost, I can not wait to be where you are. I have never in my life lost 71 pounds but I want that to happen to me. You are an inspiration! Keep it up, you are doing great.

I NEVER thought I would be able to say that I lost 71lbs either!! Thanks so much!!

Look for trousers that are designed with roomier "seat" and thighs; and smaller waist'; they might be a better fit for you. I have trouble with bottoms in general because I don't want to or should wear "low rise". If you are larger than size 12 no one should wear low rise.

It takes time, it will keep coming off. I had the same problem, I had to shop around a lot to find the "curvy" jeans/pants! I hate wearing a belt too. I lived in dresses for quite some time too. I think I will always be curvy, but now a smaller curvy! Congrats on your weight loss and keep going!