Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

Yeyyy!! Are u ready??? I am excited and scare of the gas pains

Congrats Desotogirl!

My liquid diet starts tomorrow! They only gave me 3 days..

I'm jealous! My surgeon has me on 500 calories a say, all liquids. It sucks. I have lost about ten pounds in a week, though!

Congrats Desotogirl!

Thank U, will keep u posted.

I'm jealous! My surgeon has me on 500 calories a say' date=' all liquids. It sucks. I have lost about ten pounds in a week, though![/quote']

Dang, U can do it. With me nt having to fast I think it is going to be hard for post op..

Hey my banded family ! I just wonder if any one else is experiencing nausea at night. I'm post op day 912

Sorry hit enter lol.. post op day 9. Do you think it is possible to have a slip this early in the game?

PS I have been following the rules. I just think I read to much and get myself worried.

Hi all, wanted to update everyone about my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Kuri. I should have done this earlier but I had no computer in Mexico. So I traveled to San Diego and as soon as we arrived I called Dr. Kuri's office and a guy named Carlos was at the airport within 10 minutes. We crossed the border with no issues. He dropped us off at the hotel because we were a day earlier. The next day, Carlos picked us up and I had labs, EKG and met with Internist Dr. Peterson to make sure I was healthy enough for surgery. Also met with Dr. Kuri. It wasn't a very long meeting with either but I also didn't ask a lot of questions. The hospital Angeles was very clean and I found out it is a private hospital in Tijuana. I spent the night in the hospital that night (night before surgery) and the nursing staff seemed great except for only a couple spoke English. The next day, I went in for surgery. I wasn't that nervous amazingly enough! They give you an adavan each night to sleep, BTW. All I remember is being wheeled in to the surg waiting room and then they gave me something in my IV and I must have feel asleep. Woke up to being banded and sleeping mostly for the next 12 hours. I walked when I could and peed when I needed to, wasn't in that much pain. Spent that night in the hospital as well, and the next day woke up early and walked. The next day they did some sort of barium xray to make sure the band was placed correctly. It was, and they gave me a prescription for pain meds. We filled it upon dischare and drove back to San Diego to board a flight at 2:30pm. I really was not in that much pain and didn't take any pain meds MAINLY because I think I lost them somehow along the trip :( It's been 5 days no and I am feeling good, get tired around 1pm or so, and am sore but am resting as needed and keeping incisions clean and bandaged. The first 2 days I didn't lose any weight but now I am 5 pounds down. I am sure it's Water but still I'm happy. Also I was the only one there that day having surgery but I did meet a Canadian man who had it the day before me and he had no complaints; looked great and said he was not in much pain. Also one other thing, I think the incisions are very small and will heal nicely. I am bruised pretty bad where they are but after having 2 c-sections this surgery seemed a lot easier.

All in all I felt very safe and comfortable with the decision to go to Tijuana with Dr. Kuri, looking back it was a good choice for me although I realize it's not for everyone. Oh I have been having problems sleeping at night, and it's not pain related. I am not sure why but I have a hard time falling asleep and then I wake up at 4 or 5 am. Dealing with it :) I made it through Clear Liquids for 3 days and am now on all liquids. Yesterday had Tomato Soup and protien shakes and also had greek yogurt. I know the yogurt is probably a no no?? If anyone every has any questions just private message me. The total cost was $5500 and Dr. Kuri said if I ever want to have the band removed, it's $1200. Fills are free if you go to him except for cost of using floro machine??? (I think he said $95). Good luck everyone :)

Sorry hit enter lol.. post op day 9. Do you think it is possible to have a slip this early in the game?

PS I have been following the rules. I just think I read to much and get myself worried.

Nancynicole: i'm 5 days post-op, and i think the night naseau is normal. When i get it, i take a few sips of wonton Soup broth, and i feel so much better. I don't think you can slip the band after 9 days and following the rules.

Hi Annie, thank you for sharing your story. Im glad everything worked out for you in Mexico. Are you planning on finding a local doc in the states to handle your after care and fills?

Im post op day 3 and still quite uncomfortable when i bend. Ive been mostly laying down and walking throughout the day. I tire very easy so i let my body tell me to relax. Ive been sipping Water, broth, Jello and Protein Shakes when my body feels hungry. Overall, I'm doing ok :)

I have a little nausea on some evenings...I'm sure it's normal and your band is where it should be....I hope it goes away for you so you can stop worrying, I'm a worrier too :unsure:

Annie after this first 48 my doctor said low fat greek yogurt which is not as thick less fat

As far as telling people...my immediate family knows, because I need them for support. Everyone else I'm telling I had a hernia repaired, which is technically true and accounts for the belly tenderness.

Anyone else getting banded in December? If so lets keep in touch until our day.

I'm having my band placed Wednesday December 26. Been a bit cranky I think it's my nerves. Only a few people know I'm having it done. Not to proud that I failed myself. But looking forward to shedding this extra person I've been carrying for the past 12 years.

The entire time I was on my semi liquid diet I was never starving or really hungry today I have been hungry and I mean real hunger almost all day!!! Not sure why? And guidance would be helpful. 3rd day post op.

Current pre-op wt 344 down 335.9

Happy Sunday to all of you~

Congrats to all the December Bandsters :)

As for me, I'm on Day 10 Post-Op and I'm feeling so much better!

I had my first appointment with my Doctor, and I lost 8lbs in 6 days, thanks to the clear liquid diet

I'm now on a mix of Phase 2 and Phase 3- I'm eating no more than 4 meals a day, about 1 cup per meal, and 60% Protein based.

Doc said he only put 2cc in my band, so it's not as restrictive just yet. My next appointment is on January 23rd and he advised to expect a fill at that time.

I'm really not hungry, especially in the morning, I have to force myself to make a Protein Shake. I have not had any type of carbs at all, but I have to tell you, I could probably eat a few crackers or mashed potatoes right about now. However, I'm not going to.....Doctor said if I start eating those soft carbs, I will not do as well as I should be expected. So, I'm determined to stay away from the carbs as much as possible.

Other than that, my incisions are itchy :) A good sign of course!

That's it for now!