Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3 Of My Pre Surgery Diet And I Am Starving!!

I went to my Dr for my 1st appointment about a month ago. But I do my grocery shopping once a month and had already done my shopping for the month. (My appointment was a last minute appointment because there was a cancelation) So the Dr said it would be ok to do Weight Watchers for a couple weeks then to start on the Medifast Lean and Green diet. Well I didnt lose any weight on the Weight Watchers, because of the medicine my primary Dr had me on (which had a side effect of weight gain) I am no longer on that medicine, it caused me to gain 3 pounds. Anyways, I started the Lean and Green diet on Monday. I hate it. Most of the foods I am allowed, I dont like. I am just so hungry all the time. When I go to the Dr on the 22nd I plan on getting the Medifast shakes which from what I hear, will fill me up for a few hours. I am started to get cranky and I am just so miserable. I cant make this feeling of hunger go away. And to top it off, my husband comes home with pizza for himself for lunch! Now I know he has every right to eat whatever he wants but did he have to eat it right in front of me?! I dont know if all Dr's have you do the same pre surgery diet, but if any of you did this lean and green, please tell me what to do to make myself feel full. I am so scared that I am just gonna get to the point where I am so hungry and I am gonna pig out. Thanks for any advice.

I dont know what the lean and green diet is. But I start my presurgery diet next Monday and am terrified! I'm not use to being hungry - if I was then I wouldn't need the band :P My presurgery diet consists of Protein Shakes, up to four a day, sugar free liquids, Water, popsicles, coffee. It did not mention anything green at all unless it would be Jello or sugarfree kool-aid. It sure doesn't sound like much fun, I think I am dreading that most of all. Hang in there!!!

The lean and green diet sucks! lol I can only drink Water, tea or coffee. I dont drink tea or coffee so I am stuck with just water. I cant even drink diet soda or crystal light. I am not a huge water drinker, so its hard. The food part, the things I can eat that I like are tuna, tilapia, pork and turkey. The rest of the list is gross stuff that I wont eat. Then there is a bunch of green vegetables. I can have a 1/2 cup of fruit a day. Thats what I look forward to the most! Your diet sounds awesome compared to mine lol

Wow knknosmom, wish I could eat all that! My pre op diet consists of 3 Protein shakes a day plus an extra 225 calories of low glycemic veggies (broccoli,cauliflower,spinach,asparagus.) No fish, tuna pork or turkey or any other fish or meat.

I am on day 6 and I have to say this is the first day I havent felt like I am starving to death.

Hang in there, it will get better and will all be worth it in the end!

wow.....i was all liquids.......so consider yourself (lucky or thankful) that you can actually eat

need to change your thinking though..this is more a mental game...to have the band work you will have to change what you eat.and help the band..that green stuff is good for you and remember that pizza hub brought home is what made us need WLS in the first place...

Maybe I am refering to it as the wrong thing? This is the diet they have me on, to lose the required 10% before I can schedule my surgery.

Oh, I didn't have to do that. I will continue to eat everything I can get my hands on until Monday when I start my 14 day pre-surgery diet.

There was a lot of things I didn't have to do compared to some people. No counceling sessions, no bloodwork, I only met with the doctor twice and very little contact with the office staff that I met once. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

I am so grateful to my husband...he is a super star!!! He's doing my pre op diet with me. With support like that I can't go wrong.

First few days of preop is horrible. Then it kinda fell into place. I had 1 egg and two slices of banana for bfas. shake mid morning. 2oz chicken and 2oz veggie for lunch . shake for mid eve. And dinner was same as lunch with 2 oz fruit too. About 800 cal.

I ate my egg slowly, then would get to work and have my banana slowly. I would do this with the rest of the food too. I found breaking it up made it easier.

Also on day 6 I was still really hungry so I added 2 more slices of banana or apple here and the. It beats eating a pizza.

End result: 12 lbs lost in 2 weeks

Hi. my doctor allows shakes and 1/2 cup of veg and 4 oz lean meat....but i too feel like im hungry ....snacks ostensibly 1/2cup cottage cheese. im on day three preop and i couldn't help myself and ate a chocolate cookie...like you said its hard to smell and watch others eat pizza and your stuck eating this..but this is why we need this band to stop cheating alittle and eat right...

I so wish I had a magically answer for you, a solution to your problem. But I don't. This stage really sucks! Post op is gonna suck. Relearning how to eat is gonna suck. This just isn't easy.

Maybe to help you get through this sucky stage you could try some new seasonings on you meat. I was allowed one lean meal along with two shakes during pre op diet. For my one lean meal I really enjoyed intense flavors, spicy in particular.