Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potty-Training Boys???

That is GREAT! I am so glad the boys are finally getting it!

I haven't written on this thread in a very long time, but thought I should update my endeavors with my little girl.

It all started when we ran out of diapers... My DH had been getting bad about just popping her in a diaper because he didn't want to worry about her. I was worried she was going to be in diapers forever.

...We ran out of diapers and I just refused to buy anymore. She had panties! She loves panties! So, I set up the potty in her bedroom, kissed her goodnight, and hoped for the best. I had a blanket, sheet and spare pillow stacked just outside of her room.

She woke up DRY!!! Then to top it off, she woke up dry from her nap AND the next morning!!

She has had two accidents, minor ones, at home.

The other day, DH decided to take her out. He was nervous because it was his first time diaperless. When he got home, he was beaming! He told me about how Soren had gotten his attention in the store, saying "PEE!" and trying to stand up in the cart. He told me how they had run to the restroom and how she had been so proud of herself.

I love it when she stops mid-activity, says "Poo" and heads for the toilet.

I am going to Graduate her this week.

That is soooo cool! Andy is totally trained now, and i can't remember the last accident he has had. We have been trying to teach him to go standing up. But unfortunately most public restrooms have toilets that are either too high, or the urinals are too high for him. so he will sit when that happens. But if he can reach, he loves peeing standing up now. and he tells the world when he comes out of the bathroom.

Three cheers for Tyler, Andy, & Morsaille's DD!!! :clap2: I don't miss the poopy diapers one bit. Still wiping cute little butts which I don't mind a bit. Danny still has me check him every time to see if he got bigger....don't you know, he does grow every time he poops??:heh: He's too cute.

I still use pull-ups at night and he always wakes up dry. He even takes naps in his underwear. Maybe I should get brave like you Morsaille and refuse to buy more. :rolleyes: Maybe one day soon.

Thanks Ladies for the Kudos, I will pass them along to the little lady who did all the work though. Isn't the pride just the best part? I love it when she brags and shows my Mom or Sis her dry panties!

Andy, Tyler and Danny sound like they have been hard working little angels. I love the underwear wars!

Soren is solo, but is curious about bras. Luckily that battle is a long way off! She wears panties, Daddy wears "panties", Mommy wears panties and a BRA. she is a little bit intrigued and has tried it on more than once. We got a little panty/tank set and she is a happy camper.

I love LBT! It is "Life Support" not just band support. You all are so special and each of you is worth your pre-op weight in gold!!

Brenda

You know, the "panties" vs "underpants" thing in this household is getting a little crazy. Girls wear panties, but boys wear underpants. God forbid if I call them wrong, or DH and the kids lose their minds and yell at me. LOL Rob said he is going to sleep on the couch if I say that he wears "panties" ever again. Its not like I was saying it on purpose, but my mind just doesn't let me think clearly sometimes. LOL

My Dad never wore underpants, he wore "skivvies". It may be a little military, but it IS gender neutral.

I get to call 'em all panties because the girls outnumber the guys. It will really mess me up if our next is a boy because we will be tied 2 and 2.

Tell Rob he can sleep on the couch as long as he wears a pair of panties... Or better yet... Make the bedroom a panty-free zone. :rolleyes:

OMGosh, that's so funny about the panties! I call them ALL panties and it drives hubby crazy. Daddy's panties, Mommies panties, etc. Daddy says "boys don't wear panties" grrrr so the other day I tell Tyler to put his panties on and he says "they're not panties, they're underwear." So there, I guess! LOL Boys are funny that way. :D

I have a normal child! Thank you, Lord

((Kathy, you always crack me up.))

See?? Isnt it much easier when the little guys are ready to do this?!

HiP HiP Hooray! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

((Kathy, you always crack me up.))

HiP HiP Hooray! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BIG difference from a few months ago! Yep, he's doing it! This morning his pull-up was dry, and it was yesterday, too. I'll put a pull-up on him at night until I run out of them. But it looks like I'm done with diapers and pull-ups! Yippee!!!

Does anyone need some pullups? I have a whole package of them minus 1. LOL they are just sitting there. and everytime Andy sees them he wants to wear them. :D He likes the buzz lightyear on them.

This is my motto for sure. I took my flack from family b/c my son was almost 4 yrs old, but we did it when he was ready. I think it adds a lot of unneeded stress of all involved to push it b4 their ready.

I love the panties and underwear wars. :) You know how they say the man wears the pants in the family? Well, we all know the power is within the one that wears the panties. Panties are powerful things. :eek:

Funny ~ Thanks for the offer on the pull-ups. We have to use the "Good Nights" size S-M b/c my little guy is built like a linebacker.

LOL so is mine. these are the Large size ones. hehehe he is now bigger than his sister, and she is 14 months older. not fat...just big. it baffles me.

I've been meaning to post this for awhile now.....thank you all for the motivation and courage to put underpants on my boys at night. Neither one has peed their pants for ages. Now we are totally pull-up free and love our underwear.

How's about an update from the rest of you? :biggrin1:

We are doing great here! I still have 1/2 large pack of diapers. Pull ups are gone and I'm not buying more. I told little man when the diapers are gone, no more diapers at night time. I may not wait that long. He's dong great! I Looooove going to the grocery store and NOT buying diapers, wipes, or pull-ups. Yay!

I Looooove going to the grocery store and NOT buying diapers, wipes, or pull-ups. Yay!

Boy, isn't that the truth!! We still buy those little wipes in the toilet paper aisle b/c it's easier for them than tp at this point. Plus it gets them cleaner I think. Glad to hear all is going well. Sounds like most of us have graudated from the diapers. :clap2: