Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

I really have the band!! YEAH!! All went well for my surgery on Fri. There was a delay with the OR room and didn't go in for surgery until 2PM. We got home from Indy around 3:30 Sat. I even slept on my side a bit in my own bed. I ended up the recliner later on, but it was nice to be in my own bed for awhile.

Unfortunately, I had my first PB at 3:15AM last night. I followed all the rules to a tee, but started to feel a little nausea after taking 1/2 of my Effexor pill (they switched me from the capsules). I went to sleep and woke up around 2AM and realized I needed a suppository. It worked a little, but that dag-gone PB was coming no matter what!!

I called my surgeon today and they said to stay off the all meds in pill form for a day b/c of the swelling. I feel so much better today and only have a little pain and burning in my port area.

Glad to hear back from Diane, junglejim, & CLOE!! I hope everyone else will post soon and let us know how their doing. Kim ~ How are you doing? Post when you can.

Sorry Letty I think I mislead you. We, my husband drove, home from surgery. I didnt type that very well.

3loves glad to hear your alright. PBing already, that sucks. I woke up last night around 2 am with the sweats and my mouth was watering, I thought for sure I was going to puke. I quickly shoved 2 chewable gravel in my mouth and walked around for a while. It seemed to work. I too take effexor, I open the capsule put the med on my tongue and wash it down with Soup. What a pain in the butt, I wish I didnt need to take it. Keep in touch.

jude048 you will love Dr. Cobourn and his staff. There all wonderful. You will do just fine. He even called be the next day to see how I was. Good Luck to you!

Thanks Cloe,

I liked dr. C the moment I met him and everyone in the office was just so nice in every possible way and every time I have called the office for information or clarification it has been a pleasant experience.

I read your post somewhere about how to update your ticker. You need to do it on ticker factory - then copy the new url - then update by using quick links above - then edit signature - then you have to cut out the old ticker and past in the new one.

glad to hear you are doing so great! It is inspirational!

Well guys - I made it. I had a really hard time. A lot of pain the first evening. They found a paraesophageal hernia. Then after discharge to the hotel I took a nap. Jumped out of bed raring to go and took my antibiotic without crushing. I immediately had vomiting and kept vomiting all night. Then it settled down. The next morning I started vomiting again. That settled down around noon-they finally thought I was having sensitivity to the medications on an irritated stomach.

Now I feel that I have a sort of dull ache in the stomach. I have no desire to eat but emotionally I feel a little bereft. You kinda don't realize how much food fill in your life-when you are bored, tired, frustrated, angry and joyful. I haven't weighed myself.

After all of the vomiting, I really realized I would not eat normally again....Eating "normally" got me here so I guess this is not so bad. But whoa... heavy.

I'm new here. I am getting banded on May 31st so I guess I am just barely a part of the May 2006 group.

I am getting nervous/excited..surgery is only 3 days away!!!

Hi, All Just Wanted To Say That I Just Got Banded On Saturday Morning Around Eight Am, In Acuna, Mx. I Did Okay, I Am Now At My Hotel And Flying Out To Go Home Tomorrow Morning. So Far So Good. No, Gas, No Pain, Yet!!!!!!!!!! Just A Little Discomfort, But I Can't Complain. I Got To Meet By Band Sisters On The Same Day, They Are Doing Well Also. I Just Wanted To Update. Hope All Is Well With Those That Just Recently Got Banded This Week. And Best Wishes For Those Left To Get Banded In May.

:faint: Sorry for reporting late with my progress,my surgery when great just was sore and a little pain near my port even last night May 27th had to take some meds...I report to Dr.Haag on June 19th...I think I am down a dress size felt weird when I put on my pants yesterday they were so lose all over my hip,waist,butt all smaller:scared: all I want to do is wear a J-Lo jeans size 13 which my daughter is welling to buy for me:) my size now must be like 22 imagine never thought I would of seen 238 again on my scale..cannot believe it like the weight is melting off my body(thank you Jesus)...

To all the people on this May site wish everyone good luck with your:clap2: surgery..

To Wiggpiggy and Missyfan we were all band on the same day thank you for your encourgagement and for being there and a special thanx to sweet "Seminole being the sweetheart you are:kiss2: ..

This is a beautiful journey we are all beginning and our world will change for the best so let's break down that brick wall and make it into stepping stones..:D

To PhotoNut congrat on your size 16 way to go girl:cheer2:

Is anyone dealing with a great deal of nausea? I was banded on the 25th, although much much better today than yesterday, I'm still getting waves of nausea. :phanvan

Everything else though is great! Hardly any pain and just stinging a little bit if I bend wrong.

Kelly Girl~

I live near Texarkana, Texas. What part of north-east Texas are you from? I was banded in Texarkana by a team of fantastic doctors. They are a husband/wife team, and I will have my fills included in my first year follow-ups. My doctor has told me of patients that have had their surgery in Mexico, but are coming to them for their fills. (of course no names were mentioned) I will get my first fill June 29th. I am having to make a trip out of town, and he thought it best to wait until I get back so I could be close "just in case". I was banded on May 3rd.

Judy Ann

Mandy! You will do GREAT! I was banded by D. Spivak on 5/22! No problems at all other than a couple days of nausea... Oh, have some Gas-X on hand just in case! A new life awaits ya!

To all of you that are experiencing nausea...Check your pain meds that you might be taking. A side effect of most pain meds is nausea. Try taking it just before going to sleep or napping. It might help a bit. Good luck.

Welcome MiniMandy! Best wishes on your surgery! Glad you could 'sneak' in on the month of May.

I have a question for all of you who have gone to Mexico for your surgery...I live in the middle of the country and if my insurance hadn't covered my procedure, I would have considered going there myself. Have you all been denied by insurance for the band or did any of you opt to go there because of the doctors? It sounds like there is a wonderful bunch of surgeons there, although I loved the one I had here in Nebraska. My doctor also takes care of quite a few banders who have gone to Mexico due to insurance denial.

Happy to hear that all of you May Bandsters are doing so well...Linda you must've felt so happy when you were able to go to the movies with your hubby and fit into that seat...what a moment:scared:

Keep up the great success!

Robin

in AZ

Hi marz88,

I went to Mexico because 1. it would have taken an act of Congress to get my insurance company to pay for this type of surgery, and 2. since I was self-pay, the cost was half as much as what I would have had to pay in the states, ($16,000 in the states, $8000 in Mexico) and 3. the surgeon I went to has so much more experience than any US surgeon. Those were the main reasons I went to Dr. A Rodriguez in Mexico.

Cathy

I have a question for all of you who have gone to Mexico for your surgery...I live in the middle of the country and if my insurance hadn't covered my procedure, I would have considered going there myself. Have you all been denied by insurance for the band or did any of you opt to go there because of the doctors? It sounds like there is a wonderful bunch of surgeons there, although I loved the one I had here in Nebraska. My doctor also takes care of quite a few banders who have gone to Mexico due to insurance denial.