Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Richmond Va Support Group For The Banded & Soon To Be Banded!

Hello Everyone. I am one of the many Soon to be Banded (with insurance approval hopefully).

Right now I am in the beginning of the 3 month process for Aetna and wanted to reach out to all of you. Nothing beats motivation like having people in your area that are LIKE you and going or have been through the same situation.

I would like to form a group, keep in touch, meet up, exchange meal ideas, etc....

This is a new journey to me as I have never had surgery and I am sure it was or is a tough decision to most. I personally felt like a failure when deciding to have the surgery. The "fat kid" loses again and has to take the alleged "easy" way out. Upon joining this website my mentality has changed for the better and it has made me stronger.

If you are interested, reply to posting..

Thank you!

I'm just outside Charlottesville and am currently on my 6th day post op. the C'ville group seems to have died out. But I'd love someone to talk to as well.

Where ate you having your surgery? I had mine at Martha Jefferson in C'ville.

Hello! Nice to meet you. Hopefully once I am approved I will have mine at vcu. I am currently in the beginning phases of the 3 month process. Only 2 more months to go! I have never been to Charlottesville. How is it there?.

So I see that you are post open. How are you feeling? I'm sure you are excited. We can definately chat further. I can be reached via email faster. Mrssmith51912@gmail.com.. have another great post op day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk

Hello! Its nice to meet you and congrats on being banded! I hope it was a safe journey and that you are doing well. I actually looked into having the surgery there but ended up at VCU after leaving Henrico Surgical. I would love to keep in touch! And thank you for joining!

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII Skyrocket using LapBandTalk

I am currently on my 3 month supervised diet and I am hopeing to have surgery sometime in July or August. I live in Henrico and will be having it at st. Mary's.

I had my surgery at St. Mary's 14 months ago. The staff was wonderful. What doctor do you see?

I had my surgery at St. Mary's 14 months ago. The staff was wonderful. What doctor do you see?

I am seeing Dr. Brengman.