Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A La Board, Banded 8/30/12

Fabby, from what ive been reading EVERYBODY has a different idea about what a "good" shake should taste like. Ha. For me, I like the chocolate and strawberry EAS brand (premixed, 17g Protein, 4 carbs, 110 cal) and I like another called Protein Pure (premixed, 23g protein, 6 carbs, 120 cal), although the latter one can sometimes taste a bit sickeningly sweet to me. I don't really like the taste of Isopure but is zero carbs and 40 g protein! Lastly, ha, ive heard really good reviews about Unjury, but I have yet to try it myself. I was promoted to eating mushies today so I'm not even thinking about Protein Drinks right now. Lol. Not really true, but you know what I mean... :)

Btw: At my appt today I was told I have NO fill yet. Is that true for the rest of you ladies, as well? Just curious. Thanks

Btw: At my appt today I was told I have NO fill yet. Is that true for the rest of you ladies, as well? Just curious. Thanks

Omgosh, sorry about the. duplicate post... we now know who the problematic band'ster is within the group! ;/

The shake I'm using is the costco premiere...30g of Protein, 3g of carbs n 1g of sugar....it taste like chocolate milk, no weird taste to it.

The shake I'm using is the costco premiere...30g of Protein, 3g of carbs n 1g of sugar....it taste like chocolate milk, no weird taste to it.

This sounds the best! I wonder if Sam's Club has something similar? I don't have a costco membership.

I love the GNC shakes. All made, not the powder..

Wish we had Costco...

Hello everyone my surgery date was 08/30/2012 in Macon, GA. I am so excited and anxious at the same time. I started drinking ensure to day as my Protein Shake what do you think about the ensure?

Hello all!

Today makes one week from surgery! WOOHOO!! How is everyone doing? I feel great, I am eating mushy and progressing into more solid foods. My new favorite is instant mashed potatoes. I mix in unflavord Protein, that way I get the Protein and I don't even taste it. Has anyone had trouble with heartburn or indigestion? I cannot tell if that means I didn't chew good enough and something is stuck or if it has to do with too much to fast?

Some are talking about Protein drinks, I like the chocolate unjury mixed with milk. It is just an 8 ox shrink and it tastes really good.

My cousin told me about a graham cracker flavored protein....wonder what that tastes like?

Amy

Hi rumcookies 5! Hi amyknecht!

I haven't had any heartburn, just some mild burping. The problem with us all being banded around the same time is no one knows what to expect! We're all a work in progress. Ha

Ive been feeling great but have been struggling with hunger. I think a lot of it might be mental, nonetheless, it's still a struggle!! I'm on mushies for another couple weeks too, but for some weird reason I feel most satisfied/full after drinking shakes... I don't know, this whole experience is so different I don't know what I'm doing. Lol

Best wishes to us all... now and in the future

Hello,my name is stacy,i had surgery 8/27/12,i weighed 205 before lost 12 before surgery.then weighed 186 the day after i got home(slept mostly a whole day) but its been 11 days,& haven't lost anything since.ive been on liquids but stay hungry.keep hearing how ppl are filling up easy, is it because i haven't had a fill?i go to Dr Mon hopefully she can tell me what im doing wrong!!

Gosh I love the internet! Hi LBSept09, Amy, Bringing Sexy Back and Mrs. Living Strong!

It's a struggle but were gonna make it through and look F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. everything is starting to fit better, I just feel a little bit swollen in the abdominal area, and yesterday I felt the band.. Omg so weird. My doc gave me the Green Light to Exercise, he said to Walk. I used to love to walk until I moved to Florida haha!! I've been sick but it has nothing to do with the band so I went to my primary care and got some medication for that. I got scared because we eat so little now, wtf happens after a fill? You eat less says the doctor, I was like less than what I'm eating now? Omg!! I guess they want to trick your body or something.

I am taking a few days to adjust, my job is crazy as it is and until I don't feel like ME.

They can wait.

Does anyone know of any GOOD Protein shakes? Not the chalky ones. I'm concerned about my nutrition. Let me know please.

Have a great day my fellow banders!!

costco Premier Protein Shakes (chocolate) is great. I put in freezer for 45-55 minutes and drink like a thick smmothie. For shoulder pains, use heating pad on high for 10-15 minutes each shoulder pain occurence. SIP lots of Water. Stay on liquids as long as possible. After my band on Aug 6, I stayed on liquids until I saw amy doctor, 16-17 days later. I've had an easy time so far. I drove my car the next day after surgery and I attended a weight reduction seminar at 7pm.

Best wishes on your band.

Sam's Club does carry the Premier chocolate shakes. Those were my favorite when I was drinking Protein shakes.< /p>

In did not have my first fill until six weeks out and that is the only one I have had.

Best wishes to all of you newbies!

Hello Everyone,

Today I have been banded for 1 week 1 day. I lost 10lbs during my sugar busters and I finally got the nerve to step on the scale last night and I had lost a total of 12 more lbs for a total of 22 since I have started the process. I am so excited about this new journey and life style.