Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Had A Consultation And Need A Buddy...jersey Shore

Hi, I just went for a consultation and am now going through with all the doctors appointments. I am not sharing my lap journey with any one except my husband who is 100 % behind me. I am married with three children. I am looking for someone whonunderstand my situation and is will to be my buddy through this. I actually know a few people who got banded , some with awful results and some with awesome results. I have been on this roller coaster and need really badly to have lot of questions answered. Love to hear from you. Daisy

Hello! Welcome! I am banded just 8 weeks and am also on the Jersey Shore. I would love to have a buddy in the area. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I can try to help or just be there!

Ok lots of ? How do you feel? What did tondo before the surgery eating wise? And how longs was your stay in the hospital? Lot of pain any problems ? How about eating afterwards? Are you sharing this journeynwith friends and family? Biggest question if u sneeze does it feel like u are dying ? Lots more ? To come. Heardvyoubdoctor is very good btw!!

My surgery went smoothly. I was in the hospital for a few hours only. I arrived at 6am and left at 2pm. My pain was minimal. I barely used my pain meds. After I was on a liquid diet for a week, a mushy diet for a week and then soft foods to regular foods. Each doc is different with that though. you will have to see what your doc says about that. Only my closest friends and family know. I kept the rest to myself.

And no, it does not feel anything like I am dying when I sneeze! Not at all!

You can ask anything you would like, I will answer the best I can! Yes, I love my doctor. He is a great guy!

Ok what is bandster hell. Another crazy question. My tentative date for surgery is dec 14..... If I take that date I have 2 1/4 weeks to recover before going back to work. Or I can take a nov 1 surgery date and have a week recovery. Ok so here is the catch my husband surprises me with this super bowl trip on feb 3. So now all I cN think about is what am I going to eat will I still have t mash my foods. If I was just with him I would be ok but we are suppose to go with friends who I don't want to know about all of this? Crazy huh!!! So what do you think ?

Bandster hell is the time when you do not have good restriction yet and have to rely on willpower to stay on track. Its a tough time that most people have gone through.

As for your trip, that is tough. If you dont want them to know, it will be difficult to explain. If you really dont want them to know, then I wouldnt explain to them. You can tell them something else is going on. Or take the earlier date! It was an easy recovery for me and most people on here.

Thanks something to think about

Hi, I am from the jersey shore also. I live in browns mills. I am waiting for My approval. Hopefully by Friday I Will hear something. I would love to have a friend/friends to share the journey with too. I am hoping by the end of October to get my surgery!

This is me at my heaviest. Yuk :(

post-206094-13813134328787_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24713[/ATTACH]

post-343369-13813140321864_thumb.png

i am here if anyone needs to ask questions or talk i am a year and a half out from surgery good luck to all of you!

Wow, that's great! How much have you lost? I need to lose at least 100 lbs

Hi I'm here for any questions in 11 days post surgery I feel great good luck to u!

Hi eti,

Who did your surgery and how are you feeling. Love these boards I have gotten such a great education while meeting very informative people.

I did my surgery at NYU I use Dr Shwek he is the only Dr that take my insu in that group so far I'm happy with him I'm. Still recovering so far so good I lost 18 Lb since me first going to him

i did they are awesome! you will love them! i am going down there today for a fill