Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Signs Of Feeling Full

Being newly banded w/plication (but not yet filled) I can tell when I am full or had enough to eat by my bodys (signs of fullness). Mine are small hiccups or a small burp.

What are your signs of being full or had enough to eat?

Same as yours, but I must say, you are doing great and I am amazed that you already recognize the signs! Congrats on your success. Karen

Same as yours, but I must say, you are doing great and I am amazed that you already recognize the signs! Congrats on your success. Karen

Karen, thank you for a wonderful response to me. that means so much to me. I am trying very hard. I really am. Just watching/listening to my body for all signs.

Thank you again (((hugs))))

I don't get hiccups or burps...I literally get a "full" feeling--but I have only had one fill and maybe the hiccups/burps will come later. :)

I don't get hiccups or burps...I literally get a "full" feeling--but I have only had one fill and maybe the hiccups/burps will come later. :)

(me too after about 1/2 cup. like after a thanksgiving dinner. you couldnt eat another bite). what a great feeling huh?

oh yes...I will admit that I still have trouble believing that I am able to get "fuller" quicker. I had pneumonia a couple weeks ago and was on an antibotic that took away my appetite. I would eat simply to take the medication and after about 6-10 bites I was DONE. I am hoping that that is what the "Green zone" is like. I can't wait!!! Good luck to you!!!

This is a great topic. I have not yet been banded, but I was wondering about the "fullness" feeling. I think my biggest worry is eating at a resturant and having to throw up and not being able to make it to the bathroom. It's a fear.

I've read several people on this site talk about the "small hicup" or "small burp" as a warning sign and I hope that I will have that too.

Keep up the great work!!

This is a great topic. I have not yet been banded, but I was wondering about the "fullness" feeling. I think my biggest worry is eating at a resturant and having to throw up and not being able to make it to the bathroom. It's a fear.

I've read several people on this site talk about the "small hicup" or "small burp" as a warning sign and I hope that I will have that too.

Keep up the great work!!

you will kha, you will experience that (and more or different) soon enough. i guess we are all different. but the small hiccup is what lets me know, hey woman, your done. i can eat 1/2-3/4 and that is it at the moment. i make an effort not to go over that amount.

(dont worry about resturants and what could or couldnt happen). just focus on getting there with the band and getting it. you have a great attitude. you will succeed.

I also end up feeling "full". If I eat too much, then I get the sensation that there is a lump in the back of my throat. There isn't much space between "full" and "too full", mind you! If I eat too fast I will blow right past "full" and right into that lump in the throat feeling. I have noticed that if I slow WAY down towards the end of a meal that I can actually feel the full feeling starting to happen.....very slowly. It is so weird, but I totally understand why they say to stop when you feel satisfied. For me, it seems that the satisfied feeling is shortly followed by the full feeling. The full feeling is more of a "wait for it" kind of sensation. It is SO weird, but it is so nice! I could not eat more than about a cup and a half before feeling full if I wanted to!! Unfortunately, now I have to still work on what goes into that cup and some change! One step at a time, I suppose...

I read a lot about people being worried about having to "throw up" in restaurants. I'm not sure if my experience is unique or not, but I've had several times I've had to go into the bathroom during a meal, but not to "throw up". It is something I have complete control over, and when I get into the bathroom stall, I quietly "urp" up whatever I have eaten that has gotten stuck. I make sure I know where the bathroom is "just in case". But it's never been a mad dash to get there because it is not a violent vomiting from my stomach.

Oh, and my full signal: About six or seven hard sneezes! Now that's embarrassing!

I measure what I'm suppose to eat after I'm done I relax my body so after 5 to 10 mins I feel pain on my shoulders and get this full sensation as if I just drank a gallon of water!!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Mines is when I look at the plate and know that another bite will send me running for a quick dizzy vomit spell. Sorry for the grossness!!!!

I read a lot about people being worried about having to "throw up" in restaurants. I'm not sure if my experience is unique or not, but I've had several times I've had to go into the bathroom during a meal, but not to "throw up". It is something I have complete control over, and when I get into the bathroom stall, I quietly "urp" up whatever I have eaten that has gotten stuck. I make sure I know where the bathroom is "just in case". But it's never been a mad dash to get there because it is not a violent vomiting from my stomach.

Oh, and my full signal: About six or seven hard sneezes! Now that's embarrassing!

sneezing toddy? that is your signature now GF

For me, my stomach just feels full. I've mastered the slow eating so it doesn't take much to get me there.