Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarassing Gas syptoms

:help: I just got banded on Wedesday. I think I am doing okay not too much pain.BUT I am burping like crazy and when I have the other end of the gas I have got to be on the toilet(the shiardts :confused: ) Has anyone else had this problem and how long will this happen do I need to call the dr.I had diarehea for the 1st 2 days now just the shiardts........:heh: (:secret: psst shiardts are ummm wet farts:o (

yup, liquid in, liquid out. Sorry!

oh, and "being with the band" has a whole new meaning for us... you will be amazed at the new and exciting noises your body will now make. From unexpected places no less... :confused:

Last night my tummy sounded like I'd swallowed a frog, and well, I have actually farted in public without dieing of shame. Hard to believe that, but it's true. (bodily functions were not permitted in my family.)

OH MY GOODNESS! I am gonna walk around in total embarassment so much at work.......but hey I will be thinner and healtier right? LOL I wasn't allowed to expell outside of the bathroom either because I am a female yet my brothers were always playing pull my finger all over our house.

Yep, the liquid farting lasted for me for awhile even after I started on solids. I suggest keeping a clean pair of undies at work just in case. :paranoid Eventually it did go away though! So take heart. :confused:

Oh yeah I remember my shart days. I got them, but my hubby didn't. They wont last long I promise. :confused:

Things WILL get better hang in there!

aaahhh yes....My Sharting Days! How I remember them well :omg:

Since being banded, I cannot burp...at all! I can sure fart like a trooper...I can clear a room in nothin flat! :heh:

Hi,

I am reading and thinking here. Not banded yet, but if I have to run to the bathroom or do in public...OMG what about during sex?

Also with so little food, can somebody tell me is you were tired and could not have sex or excercise....

Hi,

I am reading and thinking here. Not banded yet, but if I have to run to the bathroom or do in public...OMG what about during sex?

Also with so little food, can somebody tell me is you were tired and could not have sex or excercise....

Its funny, the body knows when to behave so don't worry about the sex part :guess

I haven't experienced the "so little food" yet and have no problem with energy as far as exercise goes...

Don't worry.... you'll be fine :confused:

You think unbanded people dont' occasionally fart when having sex??? Part of it depends on the position you are in. And trust me, when things are hot and heavy, I don't think anyone is going to get up and leave because someone went "poot"

"oh oh Oh Oh! OH! OH! MY!

what was that?

I'm leaving. ... "

Never happens.

The only time I felt like I didn't have enough energy was when I was at around 700 calories for weeks

This thread is just too funny!!! :funnypost: I am from a VERY gassy family-parents, sister brother. Hamhocks and Beans were a staple for my dad. :hungry: He was famous for letting it rip and walking out of the room. (I guess is was good my mom had a decent up bringing to teach us that not polite! lol) So, when I married my husband it was a bit shocked at how gassy and loud my farts were! He comes from a rather prudish family where his mom NEVER farted in front of them and his dad only on occasion. That sure isn't how our home is now. LET THEM RIP! If they are really ordoriferous (as we say) we do go to another room. I will probably be one of those who has bad gas. :phanvan Oh wll, like some said, at least I will be healthy and look good! lol

Hey, Jude....

I am normally the farting Princess.

It all came to a complete STOP, when I lowcarbed.

it was the first thing to go away when I was on low carb and the frist thing to come back when I am off low carb.

Hi Valentinebaby,

I was just banded on Tuesday in Monterrey, Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut. I can't burp AT ALL. I'm a little jealous about that. The occasional burp is a previously and totally unappreciated pleasure! Dang it - another thing I can no longer enjoy.

Are you still on antibiotics? My doc said the high doseage (500 mg x2 per day for me) is probably what's causing my "splats" and he also said to completely avoid yogurt until off the antibiotics. According to him, and in my experience (!), the combination of the two has a rather, shall we say, unpleasant symbiotic effect! In layman's terms: diarrhea followed by a few hours of 'shiardts'. :phanvan Now I'm totally avoiding yogurt and am still suffering from the occasional splat. Sigh. I expect it to go on until I'm off the antibiotic in another 3 days.

Other than that how are you doing? I tried a very thin Cream of Wheat today. No go. I walked around the house for 10 hours (OK it was really only 10 minutes but it sure felt like 10 hours) with a "FLAMING chicken bone" stuck in my chest (golf ball my @ss!) till it finally went down. I'm going back to chicken broth for lunch. Again, sigh. Good luck to you.

I adore fart talk. I come from one of those farty families and I married a man who had never heard a woman fart. He was shocked at the volume and the times per day. Divorced now and dealing with the single womans nightmare of gas! Let me break it down bringing into play the joys of my band....

1. I have had many occassions were I am with a man and we are sitting down drinking a glass of wine...nice quiet, romantic setting, you get the picture....he leans in for the kiss and my stomach-throat makes that weird gurgle/burp/growl noise. Very loud! I think he thinks I am going to barf in his mouth. Honestly I dont know if I am going to either. Thats the thing with being banded. I am no longer in control of those body noises.

2. I dread sleeping in a bed with anyone since I just know that I will fart as soon as I fall asleep.

3. Un band related but let me just get this off my chest. I was having sex with a very gorgeous man last weekend and we were very VERY very acrobatic about our positions etc. Legs up over one ear, from behind, arms wrapped around necks, other legs pointing in every which direction. It was strange to say the least. So he is pumping away like he is going for the gold and then deciedes to change positions, he pulls out, drops my legs and this is when it happen! The loudest burst of air expelled from my vagina you have ever heard!!!!:confused: What the heck was that???:faint: I wanted to die. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I am sure my face said it all. Please, someone say this has happened to you and guys dont care about that sort of thing. I am mortified.

Christine.

P.S See what kind of trouble the band can get you in! If I was still fat, I would never be having sex with a hot guy and having vaginal farts all over him. A double edged sword if ever.

LOL, yes that is NORMAL! :confused: It is just from air being trapped in there from, well, you know. :biggrin1: