Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Does Iy Seem Like Time Is Going By So Slow?

Just waiting to take a test and make a surgery date and it feels like its taking FOREVER!

I guess I just want it so bad that I'm making it go by so slow myself lol

Anyone else going through this right now?

Johnathan

I went through the same thing. Totally normal! Good luck. Your date will come soon enough!

I got through my pre-op process relatively quick, I went to the seminar in the beginning of March and was banded May 18th (could have been sooner but I had to reschedule my surgeon appt, I had strep throat, and waited another 12 days to get back into him). Time felt like it took FOREVER. But, I'm the type of girl that wants to act as soon as I make a decision so it was brutal.

Good luck to you!

I've complete everything and I'm waiting on approval & a date. I definitely know how you feel.

I'm in the same boat. Had consultation on the 24th of May and I was green lighted. They are waiting on some finalization because they just started taking my insurance. As soon as all that's done I get my EKG, Barium Swallow, and Lab work done the same day and if that's all good we make a surgery date. I would really like this to have all been done two weeks ago so I could be doing the preop diet now and getting ready for surgery!

I've probably driven my coordinator insane with my emails for status checks, etc. I have everything in at this point, just waiting for the doc to review and give me a surgery date, and I'm practically having to sit on my hands to keep from emailing the poor woman yet again. I've had my approval letter for the surgery from my insurance sitting on my desk and it's taunting me, I swear! I'm seriously anxious about this - so excited, but wanting to know yesterday when everything is going to happen.... I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who's waiting!!

Seems as though most of us are going crazy lol

Jen- I am the same way! When I decide on something I want to do it ASAP!

Honestly its really not taking that long, all in all everything will be at the most 4-5 weeks from seminar to surgery lol (self pay)

That isn't long at all but I am impatient LOL

Johnathan! I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I began this process , they told me 6 supervised blah, blah, blah. Then mysteriously...it's 7 now!

Thankfully, I have already done 4 and visit #5 is in a week.

Sent from my DROID RZR Maxx using LapBandTalk

Whoops sent that before I was done typing.

The most frustrating part for me is, I feel like I am at a stand still because the visits are so routine and the same thing everytime. It takes me 3 hours to get there for a 15 min visit. So a 6 hour round trip for a 15 min visit. I keep telling myself it is worth it...because it is. They told me on my 6th visit is when they will start doing testing. So something new Thank Goodness. I do not have actual surgery date but thinking sometime in September.

In the meantime, has anyone that has not started a pre-op, taken the initiative to lose weight on their own? Like I for some reason can't seem to get focused to eat right and workout but I know once I am banded I am going to be so excited that I'm just gonna kick right into gear. I know it sounds sad but I'm just speaking my truth lol. Everyday I am planning to eat right starting "tomorrow' and I never do. I guess I feel like I've been so unsuccessful w/o the band that I can't find the motivation to lose on my own. I have failed countless times in the past and I don't think I can face that again.

In the meantime, has anyone that has not started a pre-op, taken the initiative to lose weight on their own? Like I for some reason can't seem to get focused to eat right and workout but I know once I am banded I am going to be so excited that I'm just gonna kick right into gear. I know it sounds sad but I'm just speaking my truth lol. Everyday I am planning to eat right starting "tomorrow' and I never do. I guess I feel like I've been so unsuccessful w/o the band that I can't find the motivation to lose on my own. I have failed countless times in the past and I don't think I can face that again.

I can relate to that! I'm trying to work better stuff into my diet but as far as completely changing it yet I haven't. I know the pre op diet is going to be a drastic change and I know the lap band is going to be a huge tool to help me lose the weight I want to. I know If I were to start a diet I'd probably do ok for a little bit and then hit a plateau and get frustrated and gain so I'm just not going to do that to myself.

I know once I have it it's going to be a complete way of eating. I'll get sick if I over eat or don't eat the right things. Their is so much we have to do with the lap band and I kind of like that about it. It's more strict with the ways we have to eat.

Anyways I hope all that makes since haha

Johnathan! I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I began this process , they told me 6 supervised blah, blah, blah. Then mysteriously...it's 7 now!

Thankfully, I have already done 4 and visit #5 is in a week.

What do you mean supervised? I will only have 2 more visits. It'll actually be my Next one with the Dr. , Nutritionist and Psych. I'll have bloodwork drawn as well. Then I will go somewhere and get my upper GI w/X-rays done and as long as that's good I'll schedule my surgery.

Dr supervised diet I should have said. I have to meet once a month for 7 months. 3 visits left, one next week. I've done psych evals. Have to do all my other testing on 6th visit.

Patience is a virtue I have not yet learned. But, this forum is doing wonders to keep me in check! I have to do a 3 month med supv visited which r actually 4. Visit 2 is tomorrow. I had my Psych appt last week n next month I do the tests. Hoping to get a late Aug surgery! I am so thankful to have discovered LBT.

I started in February time, and to me time was going very slow and after I got my surgery date which is tomorrow time flew!!