Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all post op day two, banded on Wednesday. Came home yesterday around 5pm. I have horrible back and should pain but most likely from the carbon dioxide exiting my body.

Worried though where they placed the port is swollen and tender to the touch. When I stand up it actually is a bump. Not sure if it will go down but worried something is wrong or my port is always going to stick out which Is embarrassing. Also pain in my abdominal on the side of the port when I try to get out of bed or use my abdominal muscles. Is this normal I have read so much that people have no pain etc etc. I have pain mess but any feed back would be appreciated.

Thanks and good luck everyone.

It is totally normal for your whole abdomen to be swollen especially where the port is. As for when you use your muscles it will be sore just because to get the lap band into your stomach they had to go through the muscle. I was banded on 5/24/12 and still have the aching from that. It will get back to normal eventually. All you really need to worry about is drainage, redness, smell or bleeding from that area. What you have described is normal.

It is totally normal for your whole abdomen to be swollen especially where the port is. As for when you use your muscles it will be sore just because to get the lap band into your stomach they had to go through the muscle. I was banded on 5/24/12 and still have the aching from that. It will get back to normal eventually. All you really need to worry about is drainage' date=' redness, smell or bleeding from that area. What you have described is normal.[/quote']

Thanks Jean I appreciate it. Makes me feel better. I think once the swelling goes down it will look better.

I was banded Tuesday and I tell you the pain I feel on my left shoulder has been the worst so far. The gas pains were just a first day thing really but the shoulder pain is not going away. Ive been walking around and trying to be active. I stopped taking painkillers because Im not in pain, the incisions dont hurt but yes I do notice im swollen and have a "bump" where I guess the port is. I just keep telling myself everything is normal and it will go away soon :)

So post op day 3 a little better. Walking today alot , though I still have pain on my right side where the port was placed and it is swollen. My insides feel like they are being stretched when I get up or out of bed.

Still taking pain mess. Just read on this forum that people have no pain and are back to normal after 2 days. Any feed back would be great. Thanks everyone.

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum and on post op day 2. My gas has not been too bad and am religious about dissolvable gas-X and pain medication. I'm surprised to have this much pain around the incisions, especially the port site. My abdomen is swollen and bruised around the incisions. I recommend taking the pain medication so your body can focus on healing the surgical sites instead of focussing on the pain.

Have you started your Multivitamin yet? I have chewable (not gummy) flintsone vitamins; are these okay?

Congratulations to all of us for taking these steps!!!!!

Oh and artvan35, I would every surprised if I'm back to normal by tomorrow (day 3)!

hi art and all..........i was banded in wed and my left shoulder, neck and each breath i take causes me pain. just hoping it gets better. was gonna try to go to work monday but now i dont know

Hi carolinagirl2012! Are you using an incentive spirometer? It's a plastic handheld breathing exercise. Also, icing my abdomen has helped tremendously.

hi mountain, yes i sure am. def hurts to take a deep breath. they fixed a hernia as well. so i am def sore. my left shoulder is the worst by far

I've been reading that people are really suffering if they have hernia repair as well. Hang in there and take those meds!

Thanks guys I'm glad to know I am not the only one. I live by the gas x strips as well and I find that the more I walk the better the gas.

I am going back to work on Tuesday. As long as I see improvement each day I will be happy. Everyone keep me updated on their progress. Start to a new beginning.

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that my shoulder pain has decreased and I feel much better. Something that helped alleviate this was advils & heat pads and resting ofcourse, but those two really helped me. Hope it helps you too.