Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exactly what I've been going through!!! Thanks to all!

My husband and I started this together. Other than him, only my parents and 2 other know I'm considering it - both of whom have had WLS. All just encourage me to look at both sides, the good and the bad.

Last night, I made lists and lists of everything that COULD go wrong throughout the process. You all know them, so I won't put the list here. When I was finished and looked it all over. I realized that none of the POSSIBLE side effects and complications were as bad as the road I'm on with my obesity. Even the worst case scenarios I've heard about are worth the risk to have a better and healthier life long term.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

I know that it was not God's plan for me to be obese. But it is His plan for me to get healthy so He can use me to glorify His kingdom. I've proven I can't do it on my own and am so thankful He showed me the tool to use to get finally get there =)

Love that verse, Texas!

This might sound crazy, but I actually think that I will be able to serve God more effectively when I loose weight. I don't think my heart toward serving and bringing him glory will change, but I think it will change the way people respond to me. I think my weight gets in other people's way. I certainly don't think that's okay, on their part, but it is the way our culture is. Our culture sees heavy people differently, negatively, etc. I hope that losing weight will make people look at me more for who I am inside and for the words I speak about the Lord, and for the way he has changed me (new creation in him). I hope they will see God at work in me when they see me and not just a big overweight person, which is where their eyes stop right now.

@momof31oc I loved everything you said, I laughed at this part, "trusting God and knowing he has control and will work all things out for good - even if they don't feel good. The part that says "even if they don't feel good"

You said it exactly right about God not bringing you/us this far, and closing doors if He isn't in it. I so love your wisdom and encouragement. Be Blessed and don't cry anymore. If you cry again let it be tears of Joy.

@Texasdy OMG this verse you quoted from the bible

"Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

that was so so appropriate and right on time. That should be LapBands Athem or leading Quote ( i don't know the exact word I'm looking for) But it should be on every page that is written about Lapband and all surgeries. I really, really really loved that.

@momof31oc NEWS FLASH! We see spiritually and hear the God in you. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. We haven't been around you in person and your "Light" is shining through. You continue to be you.

If those people around you are judgeing you because of your weight when you are talking/serving the Lord. Then the problem is with the devil in them. So the hell with them. If their eyes are stopping at your outer appearance then again I say "the hell with them".

Yes, of course I was scared. All of us are! I feared this was the wrong decision, that I'd fail, that I would die on the operating table, that I was being selfish, that this was not what God wanted me to do, that i would not having food as a crutch, etc. But i weighed the pros and cons. Every year I put off losing the weight was a year I spent regretting it and missing out on life. Of course there are risks and "what if's", but the risk of having diabetes, heart disease, etc is even bigger if someone remains obese. I am only 7 days post op so have a very long way to go, but I am putting it in God's hands and learning to ask for help. So far so good.

I agree with all of the above comments.... I researched the lap-band about 6 years ago and I even consulted with my insurance.. however, I learned that they would not cover any of the surgery... After that, I became very discouraged. I started taking diet pills and trying other diet methods. All with some success,but I usually gained all of the weight back plus some... Last year, my doctor advised me that my weight was contributing to most my illnesses (back and knee pain, high blood pressure, high colesterol) just to name a few... so needless to say, I returned to the yo-yo dieting and I lost some but not enough.. i was just about to start another starvation diet when my assistant mention the lap band... we discussed the insurance process and she informed me that my new insurance would cover most of the surgery cost... i called and varified this...low and behold..it was true... I prayed to God for direction... one week after my consultation... I received an approval letter from Tri-care... Thanking and Trusting God... I know that He wants the best for me...

@babydumplin I'm happy for you, and hope for the best for you. I see you just joined, it's a lot of info on this site, so just seek and you shall find.