Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shout Out Request

Sign in to follow this  

I forgot to mention something! I used my CPAP twice in two weeks after surgery then packed it up! I was actually able to sleep better without it!

My surgery date is June 5. I am literally counting the days until then and am praying nothing goes awry this time. My pre-op appt. is Friday, May 18.

My surgery date is June 5. I am literally counting the days until then and am praying nothing goes awry this time. My pre-op appt. is Friday, May 18.

Stay healthy! Looking forward to hearing from you post - band!

I don't think there is anything that should not be posted in our group. It helps me to read everyone's story. Remember one little thing you say may help a few of us understand what's going on!

Elizabeth keep counting. Your day will get here before you know it!

Today i hit my first milestone 299.4 That means i am down past the 300s. I was schedualed today to go do my 2 week post op check up but sadly last night my 76 yr old mom fell and broke her hip. So i spent the night sleeping in a cot by her bed and have been here all day today and i am sure will be here all night as they are going to do surgery later today. I am very worried bout her being a nurse and all and knowning what this type of thing means for a woman of her age who is not in the best of health but still maintains her independence. I am also hoping this dont mess with my band as I have not been able to get protien or anything for that matter in today.

First of all, I want to wish your mom a full and speedy recovery. Second of all, I want to congratulate you on your milestone. Thirdly, I am starting to see a few of the awesome benefs of the band...It's a rather novel experience to have to tighten my belt instead of loosen it...i can't wait until I need to actually get new clothing because what I'm wearing is too Big...

Deb,

I have a client who's 102 yr old mother did a full recovery from a broken hip. Keep those spirits up and don't neglect yourself in the process. Thinking of you!

j~

OH and a big congrats on reaching such an awesome milestone!

Today i hit my first milestone 299.4 That means i am down past the 300s. I was schedualed today to go do my 2 week post op check up but sadly last night my 76 yr old mom fell and broke her hip. So i spent the night sleeping in a cot by her bed and have been here all day today and i am sure will be here all night as they are going to do surgery later today. I am very worried bout her being a nurse and all and knowning what this type of thing means for a woman of her age who is not in the best of health but still maintains her independence. I am also hoping this dont mess with my band as I have not been able to get protien or anything for that matter in today.

Deb,

I am sorry to read about your mother's broken hip. What a stressful time this must be! Try your best to eat so you can stay healthy for your mom. And you don't want your hair to fall out or thin because of not getting enough Protein. (I mention the hair component because that's what has happened to my mom recently.)

Congratulations on your milestone! I am so happy for you!

Hang in there...there will be better days ahead.

Deb,

The "like" is for your milestone. I of course don't like the fact that your mother had an accident. Try to keep some pre made Protein Shakes in your purse. Remember you can't help your mom if you don't take care of yourself...I'm telling this to a nurse! What am I thinking?

Thanks all. My mom did come out of surgery thank God. I did manage to get a bowl of wendys chili last night to get some protien and hamburger patty later. Yea not the best of foods but least it was Protein. Today i have had an egg and sasage and a Fiber yogurt. So trying to do well as i am taking care of my mom. I am planning on going home tonight so i can work tomorrow if she does well today.

My surgery was April 19th and I am also in the bandster hell. I get my first fill on May 30th. I feel a little bit of restriction, but not much. Still have some port incision pain. I actually have two stitches on it that my body keeps trying to kick out, so the healing has been interesting. Also, as my port heals to my muscle, the pain fluctuates which I guess is normal. Sometimes it just feels like it's pulling when I bend over. I lost 14 pounds pre-op, but have only lost 3 pounds post op. I'm not too discouraged. I know that these few weeks are for healing. My doctor has me on no more that 2 cups of food before my first fill, but I have been trying to keep it closer to 1 cup to prepare myself for the fill. I originally thought that going out to dinner and watching my family all chow down lots of good food would really bother me. However we went out to dinner and all I did was snack a little off of my husband's plate and I was just fine with it! I was actually pretty happy when we piled into the car and I was the only one that wasn't in misery from eating too much!

Hi everyone.

Tomorrow I will be 2 months post-op and have lost 36pounds(counting pre-op). I'm very excited I am half way to my goal weight of 165. And will hopefully see 199 tomorrow when I step on the scale. I have learned a lot these last few months. First thing I would do is join www.myfitnesspal.com it is a great way to track your food and exercise.....feel free to add me as a buddy, my username is the same (waitingpatiently)But the best advise I can give those about to join us on this journey is to educate yourself....read everything!! That way every pain doesn't freak you out and you have comfort in knowing you are prepared for the journay. To help you on your way I have copied my Pre-op shopping list below. Don't feel like you need to go buy everything on the list, but these are just suggestions of things that made things easier on me after surgery. I have posted these numberous times (sorry if you have already seen it) but I still get about 5 requests a week for a copy. If you have something that helped you along the way, please feel free to let me know....I will gladly add it to the list. As for the stage1-3 food list.....every doctor is different.....it is YOUR responsibility to know if a certain food is not allowed by your physican....they are all different. I would suggest you take the list to your physican and have him mark off/add the things he wants. If you want a more printer friendly copy emailed to you, please inbox me your email. I have tried so many times to figure out a way to attach the list to the thread...but it just keeps telling me I'm not autherized. Good luck to everyone!! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me.

General Items to Have on Hand

Digital scale

Blender (consider the ones that you can blend using a travel mug) I bought this one at Walmart for $79 http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=ninja%20kitchen%20system%20pulse&_tt=ninja

Heating Pad

Peewee Pillow pet-to hold against your stomach when you cough

Chewable Calcium

Chewable Daily Vitamin

Gas X

Liquid Tylenol

Benefiber (I mix this with the kellog’s Protein mix below) Metamucil

Clean and Clear

Milk of Magnesia (MOM)-to help with constipation

Papaya Enzymes- to help later when if you were to experience a “stuck” episode

Stage 1 clear liquids

Protein Power: This is just going to be trail an error. Looks like the most popular are (Unjury, Jay Robin, Premiere, NewWhey)

Canned chicken broth (the night before your surgery, consider simmering it with some veggies like carrots, onions, potatoes, even some of your favorite herbs. I would leave all the veggies in the broth until the next day. Then have someone strain them off, saving the broth for you)

Favorite Soups Consider lower salt versions(use the larger size cans of Soup if they make them in your band. Then mix a couple of cans of chicken or beef broth with your favorite soup. simmer and strain)

SF Jello (both premade for convenience and boxed for when you feel like making it)

SF Popsicles

Pedialyte Popsicles

Kellogs Water ready protein mix (link below)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Special-K2O-Strawberry-Kiwi-Protein-Water-Mix-4.7-oz-10ct/10891803

SF Water Flavors (Crystal Light, Great Value, Etc)

Gatorade G2 or Propell

Hebal Tea

Diet fruit Juices

NSA-Carnation Instant Breakfast Mix

Skim Milk

SF syrups to flavor shakes

Stage 1-Full liquid -All of the above+

Cream Soups (thinned with water or skim milk)

(consider sprinkling ½ scoop of unflavored protein power into soup and blend…watch the temp of the soup….the protein power may clump at high temps.)

SF pudding (premixed for convenience and boxed for later)

Yogurt (thinned out) (light or Greek) blend well

Baby Foods (add a jar of baby food fruit with your Protein Powder and thin with water or skim milk)

Stage 2-Puree

Egg Substitute

Oatmeal (thinned)

Grits (thinned)

Applesauce other Fruit Sauces

Canned Fruit- juice packed

Instant Mashed

Cottage Cheese

Stage 3-Mushies

Canned Tuna

Canned Chicken

Ground Beef in a sauce

Real mashed potatoes

Mashed sweet potatoes

Mac And cheese (consider using the Unjury protein cheese sauce)

Cooked spinach

Cooked and mashed cauliflower

Mashed green beans

Hi everyone.

Tomorrow I will be 2 months post-op and have lost 36pounds(counting pre-op). I'm very excited I am half way to my goal weight of 165. And will hopefully see 199 tomorrow when I step on the scale. I have learned a lot these last few months. First thing I would do is join www.myfitnesspal.com it is a great way to track your food and exercise.....feel free to add me as a buddy' date=' my username is the same (waitingpatiently)But the best advise I can give those about to join us on this journey is to educate yourself....read everything!! That way every pain doesn't freak you out and you have comfort in knowing you are prepared for the journay. To help you on your way I have copied my Pre-op shopping list below. Don't feel like you need to go buy everything on the list, but these are just suggestions of things that made things easier on me after surgery. I have posted these numberous times (sorry if you have already seen it) but I still get about 5 requests a week for a copy. If you have something that helped you along the way, please feel free to let me know....I will gladly add it to the list. As for the stage1-3 food list.....every doctor is different.....it is YOUR responsibility to know if a certain food is not allowed by your physican....they are all different. I would suggest you take the list to your physican and have him mark off/add the things he wants. If you want a more printer friendly copy emailed to you, please inbox me your email. I have tried so many times to figure out a way to attach the list to the thread...but it just keeps telling me I'm not autherized. Good luck to everyone!! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me.

General Items to Have on Hand

Digital scale

Blender (consider the ones that you can blend using a travel mug) I bought this one at Walmart for 79 http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find&_ta=1&search_query=ninja%20kitchen%20system%20pulse&_tt=ninja

Heating Pad

Peewee Pillow pet-to hold against your stomach when you cough

chewable Calcium

Chewable Daily Vitamin

Gas X

Liquid Tylenol

Benefiber (I mix this with the kellog’s Protein mix below) http://www.walmart.com/ip/Benefiber-Kiwi-Strawberry-Flavored-Fiber-Drink-Mix-Stick-Packs-24ct/17325206 Metamucil

Clean and Clear

Milk of Magnesia (MOM)-to help with Constipation

Papaya Enzymes- to help later when if you were to experience a “stuck” episode

Stage 1 Clear Liquids

Protein Power: This is just going to be trail an error. Looks like the most popular are (Unjury, Jay Robin, Premiere, NewWhey)

Canned chicken broth (the night before your surgery, consider simmering it with some veggies like carrots, onions, potatoes, even some of your favorite herbs. I would leave all the veggies in the broth until the next day. Then have someone strain them off, saving the broth for you)

Favorite Soups Consider lower salt versions(use the larger size cans of Soup if they make them in your band. Then mix a couple of cans of chicken or beef broth with your favorite soup. simmer and strain)

SF Jello (both premade for convenience and boxed for when you feel like making it)

SF Popsicles

Pedialyte Popsicles

Kellogs Water ready protein mix (link below)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Special-K2O-Strawberry-Kiwi-Protein-Water-Mix-4.7-oz-10ct/10891803

SF Water Flavors (Crystal Light, Great Value, Etc)

Gatorade G2 or Propell

Hebal Tea

Diet fruit Juices

NSA-Carnation Instant Breakfast Mix

Skim Milk

SF syrups to flavor shakes

Stage 1-Full Liquid -All of the above+

Cream Soups (thinned with water or skim milk)

(consider sprinkling ½ scoop of unflavored protein power into soup and blend…watch the temp of the soup….the protein power may clump at high temps.)

SF pudding (premixed for convenience and boxed for later)

Yogurt (thinned out) (light or Greek) blend well

Baby Foods (add a jar of baby food fruit with your protein powder and thin with water or skim milk)

Stage 2-Puree

Egg Substitute

oatmeal (thinned)

Grits (thinned)

Applesauce other Fruit sauces

Canned Fruit- juice packed

Instant Mashed

Cottage cheese

Stage 3-Mushies

Canned tuna

Canned Chicken

Ground Beef in a sauce

Real mashed potatoes

Mashed sweet potatoes

Mac And Cheese (consider using the Unjury protein cheese sauce)

Cooked spinach

Cooked and mashed cauliflower

Mashed green Beans

Very impressed :) keep up the good work

Waiting, I'm going to paste your list under the Useful Information Thread. Hope you don't mind. Thank you for sharing.

I have my first fill on Monday!

hoot hoot!

I decided to try on an old pair of pants I haven't been able to wear for 2 yrs yesterday and they fit! Very exciting to hit those tiny milestones! So maybe if your not losing weight, you are losing inches? Might want to check!

:D