Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are Skinny People Treated Better?

Your welcome.... One thing i always do is speak my mind... sometimes it's good...and ummm sometimes not so good. I have a few people on here that don't like me because of that reason... but i yam whos i yam... gagagaga

There is nothing about speaking your mind. I do it daily. Some say I have no feelings or I am cold hearted. It's neither, I am tired of listening to grown men or women throw 3yr old tantrums.

My motto where I work is "I wasn't here to make you like me, I am here to support the mission"

What i found was people always felt the need to tell me how fat i was - "My, your a big one"," Your a fat one aren't you?" , "Your too fat to do that"."Why are you huffing and puffing?". When i was pregnant one girl asked if i could feel the baby kick through all the fat. And worst of all my mother used to say - "no point in going for that job, you need to be pretty and skinny to get those jobs". And when dating i was told to take what ever i could get cause fat girls only got the boys nobody else wants. Oh, and when you get too fat you get fat on your brain and become less intelligent....., i could go on and on, rude people have made my life a misery - but no more.

Maybe it is because i feel more confident now but i feel people treat me with more respect and i get positively acknowledged a lot more than i used to.

Yes it's so true before I gained 160lbs 6yrs ago ppl treated me do different than how they treat me now!! It's a damn shame

There is nothing about speaking your mind. I do it daily. Some say I have no feelings or I am cold hearted. It's neither, I am tired of listening to grown men or women throw 3yr old tantrums.

My motto where I work is "I wasn't here to make you like me, I am here to support the mission"

I LOVE YOUR MOTTO...... i feel the same way. I was a door mat for way too many years and then about 10years into my marriage.... i woke up one day with balls.......lol but mine sit up high on my chest....

I am the person people come to for an honest opinion.... but in my defense, i tell them before hand... are you sure.... cuz you know i don't hold back.

I will admit that when i was a "thin" person it to looked at fat people with disgust and thought..... how did they let them selves get like that.... I said may times.."i'll never let my self get that fat"..... then one day karma bit me on the ass and swoll it up...

I worked with a girl.... "Cindy the Bi**h" that use to say things all the time about "fat" people.... well karma found her too...hehehehe.

I use to work for a major shipping company in the Purchasing dept. were i bought everything from pens to 18 wheeler.... one day i got a call from a guy who had just broke he third "big & tall" chair. So i went to my ex-boss to get approval. He called this guy and told him that it would be cheaper to buy him a treadmill than to keep buying him chairs..... i was floored

I have been on both sides of this also. When I was thin, I just took it for granted how people treated me. After gaining all of the weight, the biggest thing that I noticed was "THE LOOK". You know, the one with either the sympathetic smile or out right disgust.

I read an article one time about how prevelant weight discrimination is;however, it is one of those topics no one wants to talk about. Movies and TV do not help either. Think about how many times we have laughed during movies such as Big Momma's House (first one to come to mind), or others like it with someone donning a "fat suit". Some of the scenes are some people's reality. There was one of those undercover shows on , "what woudl you do?", that had hidden cameras with a plus sized model in a clothing store. They had an actress portray a rude salesperson that made comments about the girl's weight. Most people did not say anything to stick up for the girl, it is just accepted. :(

I have been the big girl all of my life, and they DO treat you differently. period. I'm going for my workout now, and I will talk about this later.