Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 14 days post op. So I start mushy food stage today. But had a scare yesterday. Was feeding my one year old some left overs from the night before hamburger helper that he snd my wife had for their dinner. Well I made the mistake and took a bite. Which went on to two bites and three. Again this is a food I'm not to eat yet at all. Well for my first time I felt the food stuck. Of course I panic and end up throwing up some. Now I'm freaking out again seems to be a pattern since surgery that I have messed things up. My first fill is on the 2 nd of may. I hope all is ok. Anyone done this or something similar. What happen if anything. Should I be worried? I feel fine.

U should be fine as u feel ok...but u need to learn from the experience.

I tend to get stuck once or twice after fills, but am fast learner and chew very carefull, no talking while eating and eat appropriate foods. Throwing up is never fun....

I learned my lesson. Just amazed at how fast I fell back into old routines of eating. I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your reply.

I learned my lesson. Just amazed at how fast I fell back into old routines of eating. I have a lot to learn. Thank you for your reply.

Catfish... i know how you feel. today ive been tired, working most of the day, and accidently, when helping my mum unpack her things, got two jelly soft jubes coated with suger and i ate both of them, before realising that i felt strange in my stomach. Then i remembered !! just goes to show how sometimes we can slip back, especially in the early days. i know that with those two jubes todays effort has gone . grrr... no weight loss today. i hope that its not too long before we instinctively know that we cant , no matter where we are or what we are doing. For me it was scary.. it was the first time that Id done it.. ive always been very aware when cooking. i think it was the fact that i wasnt in the kitchen that i forgot. :unsure:

I agree I hope that one day it will be normal or habit for me to eat slow and the right amount. Until then I'm going to work hard to control myself. It scared me today that I messed up the band or something along those lines.

I agree I hope that one day it will be normal or habit for me to eat slow and the right amount. Until then I'm going to work hard to control myself. It scared me today that I messed up the band or something along those lines.

..and me too. Im feeling rather depressed right now... partly because of what i did. im just so tired... i hope i dont have any more days like this.. Catfish, im between three and four weeks out from surgery. Right now i wish i didnt have the band in. i know i will feel better tomorrow. <_<

@judych hang in there. I'm looking at it kinda from this point of view. I have abused myself for years to the point I felt horrible. But it took me years to get as big as I did. It's going to take me awhile to learn better habits and how to eat right. And i inagine it will take me years to get to a healthy weight. Hang in there. It can only get better.

Please be careful. You are 14 days post op and still healing. Vomitting is such a violent action on your stomach. Dangerous even for a fully healed bandster.

You will have those moments where you are weak. Find a way to stay strong until the moment passes. When that little voice in your head says "I shouldn't be eating this", listen to it!! I know that lil voice popped up!!

Hang in there. Once you can move onto solids, hopefully today will be a good lesson for slowing down.

I am 7 days out. I am having a hard time emotionally too. Last night I ate a small piece of fried chicken. I was full all night. I am tired of the liquids! Tired of baby food! They did not explain this mental part before surgery!!!

I had my surgery 13 days ago and started the semi liquids/soft mushy foods a couple of days ago. I have been pretty strict about sticking to the diet and making sure I get all of my Protein, Vitamins, and liquids in. My question to you is, how many lbs have you dropped so far? I know everyone's body is different and men end to lose weight much faster than women, but I am a little perplexed riht now. Just in the first week, I dropped about 12 lbs and was really excited to see the lbs come off so quickly, but this last week I have been stuck at the same weight even with the very low calorie intake, and it is a little frustrating since I was expecting the really rapid weight loss in these first few weeks after the surgery.

I had my surgery 13 days ago and started the semi liquids/soft mushy foods a couple of days ago. I have been pretty strict about sticking to the diet and making sure I get all of my Protein, Vitamins, and liquids in. My question to you is, how many lbs have you dropped so far? I know everyone's body is different and men end to lose weight much faster than women, but I am a little perplexed riht now. Just in the first week, I dropped about 12 lbs and was really excited to see the lbs come off so quickly, but this last week I have been stuck at the same weight even with the very low calorie intake, and it is a little frustrating since I was expecting the really rapid weight loss in these first few weeks after the surgery.

Maddy,

Try not to get frustrated with the weight loss. It is very common to reach plateaus where the scale stalls. Be compliant with your diet, and the scale will move in the right direction.

The band does not provide the rapid weight loss that other types of bariatric surgery do. Try to be consistent with exercise to boost your metabolism.

One plateau lasted 7 days for me; I was totally compliant with the diet and exercise. We also have some hormone adjustments with the surgery, so the mood swings you are describing are within the parameters of what is normal.

Stay focused, and keep your eye on the prize. We did not gain the weight which brought us to the choice for surgery overnight, it will take patience to reach your goal weight.

Good luck!

I am 13 months out and still get stuck a few times after fills, Its always an adjustment no matter how far out you are. One thing I do if I feel my food get stuck is I get up and walk around. Whatever you do, do not try to fix it by taking a drink, that just makes it worse, at least for me. Walking around for some reason helps move it loose most of the time. Just please be careful and remember consentrate and chew chew chew :)

I am 7 days out. I am having a hard time emotionally too. Last night I ate a small piece of fried chicken. I was full all night. I am tired of the liquids! Tired of baby food! They did not explain this mental part before surgery!!!

I know how you feel. I'm still supposed to be on a clear liquid diet (had my surgery on friday the 13th) but last night I bought some applesauce cause I was so damn hungry! Thankfully the applesauce filled me up. The mental part of this is extremely hard. But I know we can all do it!

I know how you feel. I'm still supposed to be on a clear liquid diet (had my surgery on friday the 13th) but last night I bought some applesauce cause I was so damn hungry! Thankfully the applesauce filled me up. The mental part of this is extremely hard. But I know we can all do it!

Yep.. im nearly a month out now and ive had a bad day. the emotional and mental changes are significant. i guess we just have to accept that we will have some ups and downs with it all. i know exactly how you feel. Last night i was sorry id ever had the banding done. i feel differently this morning though. i was tired yesterday and just wanted to pig out again, simply because it was a bad day. i slept that off and this morning have had a good look at that aspect of my life. Im glad its behind me.

I am 5 yrs and when I first got the band I would get stuck a lot. When I was banded I ended up with or i already had an ulcer that started. I would vomit and dry heave for about 10-15min about 4-5 times a day for about a week before going into the ER . this happened about 2 weeks after surgery

well my band is fine but it was not a fun time but I did loose the most wgt while in the hospital with a feeding tube down my nose. (about 30 ilbs)

I use to love to eat the big Bismarck doughnuts Well one time I was frustrated and wanted to try to eat one. Well it got stuck and the pain was horrible.

You will learn what I can eat and what hurts and if u didnt chew the food enough or if u ate too fast Till this day when I walk past the bakery section at the grocery store I get pains just looking at the doughnuts

Just because u may have eaten 1 or 2 bites of the bad stuff doesn't mean u failed. Just stop and put it down and walk away