Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Evening,

For all of you that track your calories, how much calories do you consume in a day? I use MFP, and it gives me 1282, and I am never EVER near that. I average maybe half, sometimes more, which usually consists of not so good food. I started eating more calories, and starting loosing again. I haven't had a fill it, so I can eat anything and everything, not that I do, but I have needed extreme willpower lately! I was just curious what everyone is consuming, calorie wise.

Thank you! :)

Around 1200 for me.

I try to stay at 1200 but I have been doing less than that I have only had one fill had band on jan 27th 2012 so I try to stay at about that or less.

I can only have 1/4 cup of food 3x daily while I heal..but then only 1/2 cup 3x daily...not sure how in the world I will ever get up to 1200 calories.

I was banded March 1, 2011 and have lost 213 lbs. I eat anywhere from 500-700 calories per day. I find it easier to keep my calories down by drinking either Water or sugar free drinks with 5 or less calories.

I stick to 3 meals per day that consist of 4oz of meat and 1/2 cup of vegetables. I use no oil or fat when cooking my meat or vegetables. I find using the nonstick spray or BBQ grill help to keep the calories down by not having to use oil or butter.

Mario

My exercise has changed over the last year. At first I was walking 30 minutes about 5 times a week. As time went on I increased the intensity. Right now I am exercising 3-4 times a week. I mix in jogging and walking each with each workout. I am currently able to jog for 12 minutes without stopping. My goal is to run a 5K sometime in May-June.

weight.png

Nice progress everyone! Hard work pays off!

It's no secret that I don't like long term periods of low calorie eating. I don't track any longer, however, did for months at a time to the point of obsession. I have had 750 calorie days all the way up to 5000 calorie days (only a couple times). On average I consume approximately 1200 - 3000 depending where I'm at with my calorie cycling.

IMO it's most important to schedule your fuel based on your level of activities. Someone working out 5 days a week and having an active workplace is going to have very different calorie needs that someone who is not exercising and has a desk job.

I range from 600-800 calories per day usually. I don't really track them anymore b/c it's hard to track such small portions, I literally eat a bite here and there.

I eat no less than 1200 a day thats with or without exercise... even though i exercise 4-5 times a week.. initially after surgery I had the eating less is best mentality and i finally convinced myself to eat the reccomended 1200 a day rather than the 600- 800 calories i was eating...and i went from losing 2 pounds a week (eating less) to losing 4-6 pounds a week (eating 1200 calories a day. Sometimes i do things to trick my body.. like not exercise for two days in a row and have a cheat day occasionally (no sweets though) by upping my card intake for one day.. i really dont do it often enough.. maybe once a month. once a week is reccomended. I do alot of reading up on fitness and have had personal success with tricking my metabolism into more weight loss by using some of these techniques on occasion. I personally do it rarely because i love to exercise and thrive on it..and because i am very set on my 1200 calories and very persistent in sticking with that (no more and no less). anyway...ill stop rambling now lol

Low carb intake day after day has a cumulative effect and can greatly impact leptin levels which will hamper fat burning. If I have 3-5 low carb / reduced calorie days I will follow it up with a hi carb / hi calorie day. On that day though I don't cram slider foods in at once, rather spread the calories out. This is also a great strategy to break plateau's or even avoid them in the first place. And on a high carb day I'm not at all above including ice cream and chocoloate... lol Ice cream is probably something I'd die without... lol

@ bambam Just wanted to tell you.. you look amazing! Your an inspiration! I can tell you ahev really worked hard and it has definetly paid off :)

@ bambam Just wanted to tell you.. you look amazing! Your an inspiration! I can tell you ahev really worked hard and it has definetly paid off :)

Thanks for the kind words and congrats on your progress!