Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Defeated......

Hello I have some major venting to do!!!!! I was scheduled for surgery 4/17. I thought I had all my paperwork in order.... Turns out I was misled by my primary physician. I have been in process since October of this 2011. I called to get the requirements from my insurance company and was told amongst other things I need a 6 month documented history of weigh ins and consultation with my primary. After month 2 my doc said no need to schedule appt I can just come in and weigh. Well long story short I needed 6months worth of appointments. This pushes my surgery date forward to August 8-/. In addition I'm in the mist of switching employers and have no information on if the surgery is covered. I know it's united healthcare out of kindred hospital in Melbourne fl. Besides that I have no more information....... So discouraged and feeling so defeated but trying to stay positive. My dilemma is should I stay with my present employer until August or take the chance of switching employers for an amazing job opportunity presented to me and just go from there?

It's 50/50 if it will be covered or not... But, I would not stay at a job for the surgery alone. If you've got an opportunity that doesn't come around often, take it. If the new insurance didn't pay for it, could you save the money or get a loan to cover the costs?

I dealt with insurance changes several times (same company continued to change insurance over years) and different requirements from each on and off for 6 years. I finally made the choice that I would self pay. it was a huge releif for me mentally.

If I were you, I would take teh job opertunity that you are interested in. Things may even be better for your process at the new place. Insurance is a horrible thing to deal with.

Don't know your situation but you could take the new job and stay on COBRA for the rest of the year with your old employer if you can wait to take the insurance from the new employer at their next open enrollment. COBRA is expensive but the surgery is also expensive. If the new job pays significantly more than the old one it may make sense but you will need to do lots of reaearch.

I am currently on COBRA from my old employer and my surgery is scheduled for 4/16, I will have to stay on that plan until the beginning on 2013 when the open enrollment eligibility opens.

Thank you all for the consoling responses!!!!! Thought long and hard and handed in my resignation letter today!!!! Looking forward to the wonderful opportunity presented to me!!!!! And who knows surgery may be closer than I think with new insurance!!!!!