Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo I just came back from my pre-surgical testing and I found out I'm down 10 lbs since Monday the day I started the liquid diet. Now I am on day 4 of liquids I can't say it's easy but it is easier when u see that you've lost weight. Hang in there guys :)

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Great job! I'm having a hard time staying off the scale...

Hello I'm banded today everything went good not Any pain but had a hard time urinating did else have this problem?

Hello I'm banded today everything went good not Any pain but had a hard time urinating did else have this problem?

5 days till my surgery! Hospital has called me to confirm just need to know what time to go!!! Getting excited!!!

yay! I am getting excited too. I am nervous too.. Not about the surgery at all but the lifestyle change. And after this liquid diet i cant wait to progress to yogurt and cream Soups in the bear future. Are you getting banded on the 8th like me? :)

Glad everything went well. I hear that problem is pretty common.

Is anyone else staying overnight the day of their surgery?

Hey thanks! Good luck with your diet you can do it. I pretty much eat whenever I want. Although now, i dont fimd myself so hungry anymore. I eat fat free chicken, beef and vegetable broth. sugar free Jello and ice pops. Protein Drinks. And lots of Water lots of water. I drink so much I go to the bathroom 10-15 a day lol, I counted.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Cool! I have also noticed that I go to the bathroom more often. It even wakes me up out of my sleep, haven't had that happen since I was pregnant :lol:

But Im glad you are doing well and we are pretty much doing the same diet. Only thing is, I find the broths to be very nasty. Besides that, everything is ok. Good luck and Im here if you need to talk. Message me anytime.

Yay!! Congrats! :)

5 days till my surgery! Hospital has called me to confirm just need to know what time to go!!! Getting excited!!!

Almost there! everything will be great. Looking forward to your updates. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery :)

Glad surgery went ok for you and no, I didn't have any problems with urinating.

Finished day 3 of liquids still burning about 2300 calories per day and taking in between 700-800 calories. Not coming close to 100 grams of Protein averaging about 60. Energy level is ok, but my mind is a train wreck. Thinking about how my drug of choice has been taken away: Food! I'm kind of proud of myself that I have managed 3 days without, given the extremely busy week I have had. Anybody else think about this and how you will handle stress and our emotions. any thoughts? Lol I'm a Social Worker and I have a great therapist helping me work through these issues. I wish people with eating disorders would talk more about this. It's like the elephant in the room...no pun intended..lol

@Buffalogyrl I think about that daily. I love food more than almost anything even though its hurt me. It's the only "person" that's been there through the worst times of my life. Im amazed I've been able to go 7 days on liquids only & emotionally I struggle. I am also in my early 20s and enjoy socially eating w/ friends. I think that will continue to be part of my life w/ the band but smaller portions, better choices and less frequently. The fact that we are getting banded is the first step towards loving ourselves more than food.

Today I sat with my friends at Applebee's watching then eat wings and burgers while I sipped on Water. Tough but made it. I just ant wait to be able to eat solid food again and feel like a normal person. lol

yay! I am getting excited too. I am nervous too.. Not about the surgery at all but the lifestyle change. And after this liquid diet i cant wait to progress to yogurt and cream Soups in the bear future. Are you getting banded on the 8th like me? :)

Glad everything went well. I hear that problem is pretty common.

Is anyone else staying overnight the day of their surgery?

I'm being banded and plicated on may 9th. I will stay the night at the hospital just to see if everything will be ok.

Almost there! everything will be great. Looking forward to your updates. Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery :)

Thank you do much, lalaj!!! I will update believe me! We are all here to help each other! :)

Finished day 3 of liquids still burning about 2300 calories per day and taking in between 700-800 calories. Not coming close to 100 grams of Protein averaging about 60. Energy level is ok' date=' but my mind is a train wreck. Thinking about how my drug of choice has been taken away: Food! I'm kind of proud of myself that I have managed 3 days without, given the extremely busy week I have had. Anybody else think about this and how you will handle stress and our emotions. any thoughts? Lol I'm a Social Worker and I have a great therapist helping me work through these issues. I wish people with eating disorders would talk more about this. It's like the elephant in the room...no pun intended..lol[/quote']

I totally understand. Sine I've been on this diet, I didn't realized how much I snack here and there. Without even thinking about it. I would go to the kitchen and say oops I'm on my diet. Or I think what am I gonna eat oh yeah a shake. I cry everyday here and there but looking towards my good body i want to have!

@ Daisychains7 you make a good point

Learning to love ourselves more than we love food. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to experience our new normal! P.s. I'm 39 but wish I could be in my 20's again it was a fun decade! Smile

Was wondering what everyone has heard as far as 10 years out from surgery? I've read/heard some thing as far as needing to take the band out and if that happens the insurance doesnt cover it because it's elective surgery and it cost around 20 grand. Any thoughts/ideas on this?