Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be having surgery May 22nd on Pre-op diet now shakes only

Hey!!!! Welcome!!!! I had my surgery on May 11th and best wishes to you!!

Going to the mall w/ my sister tonight. Checked the nutrition facts and I will probably get one of the jamba juice light smoothies w/ soy Protein for dinner. 170 cals and 14g protein for the smallest size.. I dont think ill be able to have more than half. I'm on mushies.

Those of you on mushies, how long are you staying full for? I don't think I stay full for more than 1 or at most 2 hours at a time. my band has no Fluid in it yet tho.

HOW DID U GET THE AIR TO MOVE TO BURP???? THIS GAS PAIN IS KILLING ME!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

OMG DONT I KNOW HOW THAT IS!!!!!! I was banded the the 16th and the gas pain is omg so terrible...I also swallowed a piece of gum on accident today but it did go thru the band thank god never again will i chew gum!!!!how do we get the gas moved? i walk a lot and gas x no comfort at all?

OMG DONT I KNOW HOW THAT IS!!!!!! I was banded the the 16th and the gas pain is omg so terrible...I also swallowed a piece of gum on accident today but it did go thru the band thank god never again will i chew gum!!!!how do we get the gas moved? i walk a lot and gas x no comfort at all?

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! NO RELIEF!

OMG, I COULDN'T IMAGINE YOUR GUM GETTING STUCK! YIKES!

THIS GAS IS REALLY WINNING THE "BATTLE"

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I did it! I'm officially banded! I have major cotton mouth!

Me too., on both

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Well I was banded May 16th. I was the very last surgery of the day so I had fasted from Midnight till my surgery which was performed finally at 7:00 PM in the evening . It was a long day. I had gastric bypass revision lap band surgery so I had a lot of scar tissue that needed to be scraped away. I flew home the next day with some discomfort but nothing severe at all.

I am more plagued by the opposite of consitpation and thought it might have been the stuff I had to drink down quickly when they checked to make sure the band was in place and no leaks when they xrayed me. Gas is minimal but it was never drastic. It was there but walk walk walk and the gas strips helped me.

My port site is pretty sore and bruised and I have changed bandages it seems clean and the drain site is the worst looking right now.

Anyone know when it would be safe to add sugar free fudgesicles as I am sooooo tired of sf ice pops..need to TASTE something..but I so cautious and have had only Clear Liquids ie..broth , Water and the sf ice pops so far....not craving food food yet at all....except for some reason ...cream of wheat..lol...

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. Surgery date is May 24' date=' 2012. I'm keeping my surgery private until a later date ( from friends and others). So I am very grateful that I can come to this site and seek Q&A, real talk and familiar feelings. Especially since I chose to go this route basically alone, except for 2 other people and my main man (GOD). I just didn't want 50 opinions from others getting in my head. May God bless each and everyone of you to have a sucessful surgery.[/quote']

Hello! I'm new here and my surgery is also may 24th. Good luck!

Welcome to the new people. This is a great thread.

Congrats to all banded in the past few days.

I think I am having my first "stuck" episode or something close to it. I had refried Beans (about 1/2 cup) and apple sauce (1/4 cup) about 4 hours ago. I don't know if I ate too much, or too fast, but I feel like there is a rock in my chest that won't go away. It won't budge. I've been walking & sipping Water for a couple hours and it's not flowing through as easily. Help!! Has anyone experienced this yet??

I can't tell when I am hungry or full yet, and I have been eyeball measuring my food... Stupid me. I am using 1/2 cup measuring cups starting tomorrow and timing myself. I start soft foods on Sunday and I'm worried.

Welcome all new people, and good luck

@alb729 My doctor will have me on full liquids Day 2 of my surgery, in which sugar-free fudgesicles are on my list.

Congrats to all banded in the past few days.

I think I am having my first "stuck" episode or something close to it. I had refried Beans (about 1/2 cup) and apple sauce (1/4 cup) about 4 hours ago. I don't know if I ate too much' date=' or too fast, but I feel like there is a rock in my chest that won't go away. It won't budge. I've been walking & sipping Water for a couple hours and it's not flowing through as easily. Help!! Has anyone experienced this yet??

I can't tell when I am hungry or full yet, and I have been eyeball measuring my food... Stupid me. I am using 1/2 cup measuring cups starting tomorrow and timing myself. I start soft foods on Sunday and I'm worried.[/quote']

Try leaning over a toilet or position your body as you would a baby and try to burp... It should allow some air into the space that is stuck and allow you to move things through. Continue to burp... Arms above your head or sway side to side. One way or another its going to move. Up and out or down and in... Good luck!

weight.png

Hi everyone ... Just wanted to introduce myself. I get banded 5/30. Just started the two-week liquid diet required by my surgeon. I'm struggling a bit with that - you may have seen my other posts on it.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences pre- and post-surgery! I'm excited but really, really nervous too! Any kind of surgery really scares me - I'm kind of a baby about it.

Welcome Scooby_who!

Glad to see you being banded during May. We started a group called the May blooming bandsters, if you would like to join we would love to have you!

I did it! I'm officially banded! I have major cotton mouth!

Ya that Cotton mouth was the worse for me. I asked the nurse for a wet wash rag and she told me only if I wouldn't suck on it. I promised her I just wanted to wet my mouth so I could talk. ha ha

sugar free fudgesicles tomorrow...sounds wonderful....good night tomorrow will be here quicker then..lol