Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been reading through several posts about different Vitamins and supplements that people are taking. My doctor and nutritionist only recommend a chewable Multivitamin a day. They also said to make sure that I take in enough liquids during the day to stay hydrated and Protein Shakes until I can start soft foods, etc. The nutritionist had said that making sure about the Protein and liquids would help maintain muscle tone, skin and hair. After reading some posts, now I am worried that I might need something in regards to Hair loss. I don't want to lose any hair! Any opinions?

if you take the Vitamins, you will be fine. did they mention a separate calcium citrate supplement?

I had so much blood work done before the surgery so they knew exactly where I was at. I have not had any trouble with Hair loss. I remember reading some posts in the beginning also, it scared me too!

No additional supplements. They both recommend a daily serving of dairy. Right now since I am on liquids, then it is skim milk.

Thanks! That makes me feel better about the hair loss!

My dr told me a Calcium supplement and a multi, but read about the Hair loss and got scared so I went to GNC and got the strongest dose of Biotin I could which was 6000. Id rather be safe then sorry! Thats just my 2 cents.

My doctor said to make sure the chewable multi included Choline. I buy a generic version of Flintstones; also Caltrate 600 +D chewable, a dedicated Vitafusion chewable D, Biotin 5000 mg, and a dedicated Iron. FYI if you take iron make sure to wait at least an hour before taking the Calcium.< /p>

We were put on Flintstones Complete with CHOLINE 3 a day.

These are chew-able, and googl choline, and you will see it is tied into

Vitamin B. I have tried off brans, and no luck with them. I stick to the real thing,

and all my blood work comes back in good shape. I don't need any other

supplements with these.

You can go to there web site and print a coupon to save some money.

I would copy that coupon a few times, and buy them on sale, and then save money with the coupon.

Good Luck, Shirley.

I bought O-Purity chewable bariatric Vitamins, band specific. I also am taking a Calcium chew, Biotin 5000, and a sublingual B12.< /p>

I bought O-Purity chewable bariatric Vitamins, band specific. I also am taking a Calcium chew, Biotin 5000, and a sublingual B12.< /p>

I thought about buying those o-purity Vitamins. How do they taste?

They don't taste too bad. Approx the size of a quarter but a little thicker. A lot of Vitamin :)

i do remember to take 2 adult chewables every day, but i dont seem to remember to take vit d, vit b1 and vit B 12, or anything else that i should take. im horrible that way . because i dont like taking pills. i have thin, straight shoulder length baby fine hair, and the funny thing is that since i got banded 3 months ago, my hair has actually gotten a little thicker !! why ? well, the only thing i can think of is im eating alot more Protein than i ever had to. check with your dr for what you need to take, good luck !!

I do liquid Multi Vitamins in the morning and I also take a Vitamin B12 and d in addition to that. According to my labs my numbers are within range but my Vitamin D is not as high as my doctor wants it. As far as Hair loss, I have baby fine hair and for the first year and a half it thinned quite a bit. However, it has since come back a little thicker. My hairdresser said that it was normal and common with both anathesia and wls Surgery to lose some. I admit I was only hitting the bare minimum of Protein a day so when I bumped that up my hair came back much stronger!

Right after surgery I was instructed to take a mult-Vitamin and Calcium (both chewable). Once I could swallow pills again, I found the best Vitamins on the planet. They are NOT cheap..but I would pay TWICE what I pay for them now having seen the benefits for years. They are made by Pro-Caps, Andrew Lessman and sold on HSN. I personally would not live without the "Healthy hair, Skin & Nails" capsules. My hair is thick, my nails long and my skin absolutely amazing (I'm going on 43..if you check out my pictures, I look maybe 10 years younger than that I've been told).

I am not a spokesman for these Vitamins nor HSN, but lemme tell ya'...its is the BEST investment I've ever made..and take them every single day without fail. By far the highest and purest levels of Biotin available anywhere. Best of luck whatever you choose!