Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im So Excited, I Will Be Banded March 23, 2012!

Hello,

So I am so excited yet scared! January 1st, I signed on for PPO insurance with Anthem Blue Cross just in case I decided to try again for the LapBand procedure. I had a *** before (Kaiser) who wanted me to go weightloss management classes for 6 months and a bunch of other stuff. When I got the PPO insurance, I called a weightloss clinic and began my journey. To my surprise, I was approved the very first time! I began my testing and now I am scheduled for my procedure on March 23rd!

The bad part is that with the PPO insurance, I am not required to go to the dietician or counseling of any sort. With that being said, I am a bit nervous because I have not talked with anyone about this life changing journey.

I have paid for the whole surgery out of pocket and the only thing I was required to do was get a psychiatric evaluation. I was wondering why these other people I had been reading about went on a pre-op diet and I didn't have to. My surgery is scheduled for March 13th and I am terrified.

I had to do a 6 month class that my work health benefits office offers - it was actually a good class. I already "knew" what we learned but because I really needed to understand and use it (and am MOTIVATED to do that) - it was a good experience for me. I think this website offers great resources and references. If you haven't gotten the book BANDWAGON - do! Jean MacMillan is a member on this site, and wrote it.

GOOD LUCK to you both, I have surgery the 20th!

I'm schedualed for March 23rd also. I started my approval process in October last year and JUST got my date the other day. I have researched and read. Shopped and stockpiled. I am ready for this! The only thing I have left to do, is fill my fridge and freezer with pre-made meals for my kids to have while I'm recovering. Good luck to you and I wish you a smooth surgery and recovery. If you need a buddy in this journey, I'm here!

Think Thin!

I have paid for the whole surgery out of pocket and the only thing I was required to do was get a psychiatric evaluation. I was wondering why these other people I had been reading about went on a pre-op diet and I didn't have to. My surgery is scheduled for March 13th and I am terrified.

I am self pay too in CT.can u just set a date right away? I have done months of research and have decided to self pay.for me. Ithimk of it as a present too me. I have appt sat for phych and nutricianiat.sooo happy.

HI everyone...i am not yet banded, meet with the surgeon next week. I cannot wait!! there are a ton of videos with so much info on youtube just do a search on lap band. one person that i love watching is bandedwendy and newtoy4kt. these women are amazing!! i literally could spend hrs watching the videos. so...last night i spent 40 minutes on my elliptical doing just that!!

I am self pay too in CT.can u just set a date right away? I have done months of research and have decided to self pay.for me. Ithimk of it as a present too me. I have appt sat for phych and nutricianiat.sooo happy.

No you can not usually pick a date but it does seem to go faster than the people with insurance. I also think of this as a gift to myself. The gift of life.