Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've been home a couple of hours and I'm doing well. Right now I'm uncomfortable but hoping the pain meds kick in. I seem to be having the same trouble as others how to get the 60gms of Protein a day. I am drinking Atkins Advantage and it has 15gm of protein which mean I have to drink 4 of those and I can barely drink 1 right now. I hope as the days go by it will become easier.

Headed to ER. Apperently they put primer Fluid in my band and im not taking it well. Im having trouble swallowing and pain in my chest. They said its most def not gas or indigestion they want that fluid removed. Wish me luck.

im thinking of you... hope it went o.k..

Headed to ER. Apperently they put primer Fluid in my band and im not taking it well. Im having trouble swallowing and pain in my chest. They said its most def not gas or indigestion they want that fluid removed. Wish me luck.

Oh wow, hope everything is ok

So I've been home a couple of hours and I'm doing well. Right now I'm uncomfortable but hoping the pain meds kick in. I seem to be having the same trouble as others how to get the 60gms of Protein a day. I am drinking Atkins Advantage and it has 15gm of protein which mean I have to drink 4 of those and I can barely drink 1 right now. I hope as the days go by it will become easier.

i bet you are glad its all over now... i hope that you are able to cope with the amount of fluids that they want you to drink. it sounds like its quite difficult in the early stages. thinking of you this morning our time.

I had my surgery today and my shoulder is killing me I can't even sleep the pain is so bad in my shoulder. Any advise? This is the only thing that hurts!

It's most likely gas....take gas-x ( I actually prefer Walmart equate brand!) the pain should go away in a few days! This is normal after bring put to sleep. Praying it gets better for you soon!!!

Home from hospital...banded yesterday and long time in recovery waiting for a room and to get my blood pressure up. Pain was intense while in recovery room. Met my LuvBug walking in the halls yesterday....that was so cool!! Now home and resting. Hope everyone is doing well!!

great to hear all is well with you.... so you did meet up with myLuvBug..?/ thats great.

Judy, yes I did Atkins a while back. Also Southbeach. My husband and I did it both and I lost very little on it while my husband lost more. He got very weak on it though, and eventually gave up and I did too. I've tried most everything out there. Only real success I had, though temporary, was taking the infamous Fen/Phen. I lost 70 lbs., looked great, but it only took me 2 years to gain it all back, plus some. Nothing has worked for me since then and I pray that I will have more success with the lapband. It was my last resort so if it doesn't work, well....there's nothing left for me to try! lol

that was an incredible feat, losing that much. i have never been able to lose more than a couple of stone (about 30 lbs ) at the most. then it all came back on. Ive read south beach diet and its very good.. i did try it but didnt last for long. however the whole family have embraced the general guidelines for eating from it which is great. no white bread, no sugar, etc etc. so far so good.

Atkins is harder for me as well... ive been there with that one. i think Atkins has made my metabolic rate so slow that its going to be an issue for me later on when im trying to lose. WE just dont know, do we?? when we are young and try things out, we dont know what we are doing to our bodies long term, half the time. im thinking its just as well i only have about 80 - 90 lbs to lose. Anymore than that and i would be completely overwhelmed i think.

im sure that the band will do for you exactly what you need it to. Like me, you need a constant reminder in your body to keep you on your toes.

That's pretty scary...plase keep us posted on your condition. I hope that you feel alot better fast!

My appointment with the surgeon resulted in having a CT scan scheduled just before my post op appointment next week...he just wants to be certain that everything is still where it is supposed to be. I could not have the test today as he wanted, as I am allergic to iodine used in the contrast, and will need to spend an additional 14 hours prior to the test being treated with benedryl and prednisone to ward off an allergic reaction to the IV. I was told that if the pain increased in intensity or I could not keep any fluids down prior to the scan next week, I was to come to the ER asap. Meanwhile, the pain has leveled off, and I hope to be able to begin having 6 oz. SF yogurt tomorrow as scheduled. At least a small sign of progress! :)

great to hear all is well with you.... so you did meet up with myLuvBug..?/ thats great.

Yes we met in the hall way and then had a house party in WickedWitches room...lol!

Hope everything is ok

Yes we met in the hall way and then had a house party in WickedWitches room...lol!

house party?? lol... do tell. lol.

Im home. They removed 2 cc's of Fluid from my band. I felt better instanly. I was really dehydrated and they wanted me to stay but I decided to come home now that I can drink water!

I am still having some massive pain today. The gas pain is really bad and the port incision is crazy bad. I was able to get up and down the 3 flights of stairs today but it didnt feel so nice. I am trying to stay positive but I don't handle pain very well. Anyone have some inspiring words for us people that are on day 4 and not feeling so well?

Good thing is that tomorrow I get to move from Clear Liquids to full liquids so I can have some more satisfying things like Protein Shakes :) Yay!!! :) Cant wait for a Slim Fast Cappucino protien shake! :)

Anyways I am still excited for this journey just a little down with the pain!