Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've been home a couple of hours and I'm doing well. Right now I'm uncomfortable but hoping the pain meds kick in. I seem to be having the same trouble as others how to get the 60gms of Protein a day. I am drinking Atkins Advantage and it has 15gm of protein which mean I have to drink 4 of those and I can barely drink 1 right now. I hope as the days go by it will become easier.

Go to costco and buy the Premeire Protein Shakes. They are 30 grams of protein in each drink box. So at least you only have to drink two.

Im home. They removed 2 cc's of Fluid from my band. I felt better instanly. I was really dehydrated and they wanted me to stay but I decided to come home now that I can drink water!

I am still having some massive pain today. The gas pain is really bad and the port incision is crazy bad. I was able to get up and down the 3 flights of stairs today but it didnt feel so nice. I am trying to stay positive but I don't handle pain very well. Anyone have some inspiring words for us people that are on day 4 and not feeling so well?

Good thing is that tomorrow I get to move from Clear Liquids to full liquids so I can have some more satisfying things like Protein Shakes :) Yay!!! :) Cant wait for a Slim Fast Cappucino protien shake! :)

Anyways I am still excited for this journey just a little down with the pain!

...hang in there... the days will slip past and you will be feeling better each day. does being on computer help at all?? when im in pain i often sit and use the computer. it helps me to get my mind off things. i have a desktop computer.

Headed to ER. Apperently they put primer Fluid in my band and im not taking it well. Im having trouble swallowing and pain in my chest. They said its most def not gas or indigestion they want that fluid removed. Wish me luck.

..this is worrying . any more news on how you are feeling ?? an update would be really good. thinking positive thoughts for you.

I am still having some massive pain today. The gas pain is really bad and the port incision is crazy bad. I was able to get up and down the 3 flights of stairs today but it didnt feel so nice. I am trying to stay positive but I don't handle pain very well. Anyone have some inspiring words for us people that are on day 4 and not feeling so well?

Good thing is that tomorrow I get to move from clear liquids to full liquids so I can have some more satisfying things like Protein Shakes :) Yay!!! :) Cant wait for a Slim Fast Cappucino protien shake! :)

Anyways I am still excited for this journey just a little down with the pain!

Sounds like you are off to a good start...and you are not alone with not coping well with pain. I have had some excessive pain, especially in my left shoulder which my pain meds did nothing to help. I found pacing around the house helped to "get things moving" inside so that the gas pressures were able to be much less painful. A heating pad on my shoulder helped also.

I am now a week out from my surgery, and am feeling better every day...I'm certain you will, too. Pace yourself, and just take a day at a time...

Well it's officially March so all of us Feb Bansters are official now!! For those recent surgeries, the pain will ease up soon - I promise!

I was Feb 3rd and had a rough first week and a few thoughts of, "what the hell did I do to myself".

Now I am almost one month and all the pain is gone and so is the swelling so the diet officially begins until my first fill which I hope provides some restriction. (Mar 12 is my first fill).

Anyways - glad we all made it and are on the other side!! Let the journey begin :)

Go to costco and buy the Premeire Protein Shakes. They are 30 grams of Protein in each drink box. So at least you only have to drink two.

can i ask?? why is it so important to have this amount of protein so soon after surgery??

Well it's officially March so all of us Feb Bansters are official now!! For those recent surgeries, the pain will ease up soon - I promise!

I was Feb 3rd and had a rough first week and a few thoughts of, "what the hell did I do to myself".

Now I am almost one month and all the pain is gone and so is the swelling so the diet officially begins until my first fill which I hope provides some restriction. (Mar 12 is my first fill).

Anyways - glad we all made it and are on the other side!! Let the journey begin :)

and those of us who are following need to keep hearing from you. you are trailblazers for us....we are learning from your experiences.

Well...I am on the banded side. Arrived at hospital about 6:00 a.m. on Feb 29, and was being rolled back to surgery about 8:15. Hardly remember much. Just something about sliding over a little more....the table is narrow. That's all I remember. I was already zoning at that point. Didn't even see the operating room. Next thing I knew, I was being woke up. I have had a couple of rough days. Finally feel a bit better today to post. The gas is horrible. I cannot get rid of it from my left shoulder. I am sure not getting near enough Protein in. How do ya'll do it. I am spose to have 2 oz. Every 2 hours. And sip Water, crystal light, etc... in between.

Congrats to all us FEB bansters !!!

we are on our way to a very healthy life....

I do want to share...I have not told to many that I had lap band just cuz I know many will not understand....but I did tell ones who I thought would be happy for me and would understand...most have been very supportive. Untill last night one girl I had told and even at the time seened very shocked asking WHY WOUD YOU DO THAT....i wanted to say....have you seen my size lately...well last night I ran into her again and the first thing she says to me is.....SO ARE YOU SORRY YOU DID IT YET....omygoodness I was dumb founded.....and I told her I couldnt be happier...,I was so upset with her question I didnt get into it but after we parted I so wish I had stayed and explained to her how long I recurched this and how long I waited to be able to get it....well wait till i see her again.....

and might I add I told her to begine with because she also is very heavy and I wanted to let her know...we can get help....oh well...thanks for letting me vent....

..this is worrying . any more news on how you are feeling ?? an update would be really good. thinking positive thoughts for you.

I came home lastnight, against medical advice. They removed 2 cc's of fuild from my band. I felt better instantly. They wanted me to stay because I was dehydrated. I figured now that I could drink I didnt need to stay with an iv.

Congrats to all us FEB bansters !!!

we are on our way to a very healthy life....

I do want to share...I have not told to many that I had lap band just cuz I know many will not understand....but I did tell ones who I thought would be happy for me and would understand...most have been very supportive. Untill last night one girl I had told and even at the time seened very shocked asking WHY WOUD YOU DO THAT....i wanted to say....have you seen my size lately...well last night I ran into her again and the first thing she says to me is.....SO ARE YOU SORRY YOU DID IT YET....omygoodness I was dumb founded.....and I told her I couldnt be happier...,I was so upset with her question I didnt get into it but after we parted I so wish I had stayed and explained to her how long I recurched this and how long I waited to be able to get it....well wait till i see her again.....

and might I add I told her to begine with because she also is very heavy and I wanted to let her know...we can get help....oh well...thanks for letting me vent....

Awww Dee I am so sorry you had to deal with that. Some people just will not understand and will always have negative things to say. What matters is that you are happy with you decision!!

So I am two weeks post op and I feel fantastic!! Those that were recently banded, the pain and gas will get better. I am thinking of heading to the gym for a little cardio this weekend to see how I can handle it. I have my first fill on the 14th! :)

Today makes 4 days post op and I am feeling like something is poking me on the inside. It feels like when I was pregnant and the boys foot would sit under your breasts and it was so uncomfortable. Has anyone had this feeling?

Had a horrible night sleeping so we are getting me a recliner because the bed and sofa won't work. I'm having the worst pain in my left shoulder but I'm guessing this is normal. Right now I'm hanging out at my mothers since she has a nice comfy Recliner couch. Other then that I really feel good.

Had a horrible night sleeping so we are getting me a recliner because the bed and sofa won't work. I'm having the worst pain in my left shoulder but I'm guessing this is normal. Right now I'm hanging out at my mothers since she has a nice comfy Recliner couch. Other then that I really feel good.

Had the same problem and slept on my recliner for about 3 nights straight. It all "moves" around and was uncomfortable. Your body will let you move around more and more. I found myself on my stomach two nights ago FINALLY cause im a tummy sleeper. Hand in there!