Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Testing Done!

mags2u
Sign in to follow this  

My pre op testing is done! Seven days away. So excited!

My pre op is next week. I am so excited for you! Best wishes!

Well I made it ! I am officially banded. We got to the surgery center at 6 and I was taken back to get preped for surgery by 7. Around 8 the doctor came and visited me and they put a nice cocktail in my iv. At this point you stop caring and they wisked me back. When I woke I was a little sore but not horribly infact, it wasnt until I got up to walk did the gas pain start. Once that happened they started me on a liquid pain medicine to go along with the iv pain meds. I walked every hour and it did seem to help. I was discharged the next morning by 5 and we arrived at home at 845. I am still really sore but not as bad as I was thinking. You guys will be great.

I can't wait till we can all exchange advise and watch ourself become mini! :)

by the way I had lost 10 lbs on the liquid diet so as hard as it was to stick with it definitly paid off. In fact they said that if you dont stay with it your liver can be too big for surgery and they would have to stop surgery and wait two more weeks. ugg

Shay that's so awesome! Congrats. Can't wait to be reporting my surgery is done as well. How are you feeling today? I put myself on a Protein liquid (revised to one high protein meat meal at dinner since my doctor didn't require diet) and so far I've lost 9lbs this week! I've never peed so much in my life. I've given up soda cold turkey but definitely still drinking tea for the caffeine! Keep us posted, hope you are feeling well!

It won't be long. Mine happened faster than I thought it would. Today is my last day on Clear Liquids so I am excited and nervous for tomorrows advancement to full liquids. I woke up less sore this morning and that was great! Stay strong on the soda thing I think it helps for later if we deal with some of our issues before surgery. I know it has helped me. Good luck and stay strong!

what all happens during the pre-op testing? I'm not getting mine until 2 days before surgery on the 11th (surgery on the 13th).

what all happens during the pre-op testing? I'm not getting mine until 2 days before surgery on the 11th (surgery on the 13th).

Well during my preop, The took my official weight, took some blood, scheduled me for my EGD (this past Wednesday), gave me my preop diet(which was 11 days prior to surgery) and had me fill out all this paperwork for the EGD and lapband surgery. I was at this appointment for maybe an hour at most.

All my preop is in my signature....quiet extensive, but confirmation that I am still very healthy and ready to stay that way!! What did everyone else have to do for preop?

Congrats shay! I have a question do you have any severe shoulder pain? Mine feels like a pinched nerve and nothing makes it better. Walking makes it worse so it make me think its not gas pain. I dunno. Today was the worse cause I had to go get my college books and had to wait in line for about an hour. I hope your weightloss is nice and quick, I hope everyones is once they get their bands as well.

Tori I don't have the shoulder pain you are talking about. I wonder if you were holding your body funny after surgery and pulled something. I would call your surgeon and just check with them. I had to get my books yesterday too. I felt so funny having my mom with me holding them like I was a princess and couldnt be bothered! ha! I had 9 books and didnt want to risk holding them too long because it pulls my tummy. It has been 7 days today and I have to say it is getting better.

I still find myself mourning the loss of food, but watching my face slowly lose its double chin is worth it. ;) Good luck and let me know what the say about your shoulder.

Had my pre-op testing today. Had to step on a scale and get my blood pressure taken and say hi to an anesthesiologist.

Friday, Here I come!