Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin Suppliments

So I'm wondering who takes vitmains daily and what kind. I have the Bariatric Advantage chewable on hand for after surgery for the first month.

What about after that can you swallow a whole Vitamin pill or will it sit in the pouch? What about other medications?

Most people take some type of chewable Vitamin. I take Centrum chewables w/iron, and vitamin

B12 for any fatigue. After a few fills, you'll find whole pills a little difficult to swallow. Most folks have

a pill crusher of some type, but you have to mix crushed pills with yogurt or something. If a pill

had a enteric coating or is a time release, you'll have to ask your doctor. There are a lot of other

suppliments people take, but you have to be careful not to get too much of certain Vitamins or minerals.

The chewable vitamins from Bariatric advantage made me sick. whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif So I stopped taking Vitamins for a while. Really no difference in anything for the most part. Then I went to a new doctor, because we moved, and they really insisted on taking vitamins. I take a multi- Vitamin for women. (need the 18mg of iron) because of monthly occurrences. Plus the Iron cures the crave for chocolate. I am not sure how but it is an awesome tool for me not to crave chocolate. Then I take Calcium with D3, and . i noticed that I did not take them this morning and was exhausted, so I do believe they helped me with my energy level. Anyways I but the cheapest vitamins, that contain what I need in them. Also none of mine are chewable. I take all three pills at the same time with no problems at all. Although, have you ever heard of not taking certain vitamins at the same time? They suggested that I take them at different times throughout the day. Any input on the different times throughout the day suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Also what about other medications. Like I take a high blood pressure med and an antacid pill will this be okay or will I ahve to crush those?

I know there are many Multivitamins out there and the there are only a few chewables but, this is what my doctor told me. He told me that the Flintstones Complete Chewables were what many people with the band takes, they are also cheaper than most of the others and do the same thing. as for Calcium, Look for calcium citrate, I use Citrucal petites with Vitamin d3. do not take them together because the Iron in one pill and the calcium in the other pill will counter each other and you end up not getting anything from either. (expensive urine in other words) Make sure you take iron 2 hours before you take the calcium. As a rule, if the pill is larger than an M&M you need to cut it. watch out for some pills, they are not meant to be cut.

I take the target brand of Gummy Multivitamin and the Calcium. It's the cheaper version of vita fusion. Tastes ok.

I couldn't do the regular or flintstones chewables. Too chalky for me.

I did try both the name brands of the calcium chews and didn't like either of them. Also tried the target brand and still didn't like it. I guess I was expecting them tO taste like a tootsie roll. So doesn't. Lol

It seems Vitamins are like Protein powder...everyone has their own taste preference. You might have to try a few before you find what you really like. ;)