Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help Me with What to eat After Lap Band Surgery :)

I have been reading all your wonderful stories but I have not read nothing about what everyone was able 2 eat after surgery. So if any one can help me I will really appreciate it. I know that it is a liquid diet at first but what about months after surgery? I hope that I won't have to cut out my chicken n turkey because they r the only meat that I eat.

My Md yesterday said that I will be on foods by four weeks. The only difference is that it will have to be cut up in very, very small bites and I will take 30-45 minutes to eat with heavy chewing. You should do fine on chicken and turkey as your source of Protein.

Lots of good luck. Feel free to message me if I can be of any help.

Melinda

I am almost a month post op. My doc's protocol is high protein/low carb. Right now I am eating all soft Proteins, including turkey and chicken. Beef and pork are not permitted until after 6 months.

Every doctor's diet recommendations are different, but I'm sure that you will continue to be able to eat turkey and chicken.

I haven't had a fill yet, but I have seen people comment that they find dark meat easier to eat because it is more moist.

hi, well i went to mushy things pretty fast after surgery and i just had it done on halloween but i've been able to eat what i want as far as everything i've tried. and i do chicken fine and plan on having turkey tomorrow at thanksgiving. i don't have any problems. ;)

Thank you all so much. I don't get to go to many group meetings so this site is very helpful to me.

I am a bit over a month past my surgery and have had my first fill. So far, I have been able to eat everything I have tried, just much smaller portions. I know this will probably change as I get more fills. One of my favorite dinners is to chop up white or bella mushrooms into a small dice and then add it to ground chicken. Season meat as desired. Make into burgers and grill or sautee on top of the stove. The mushrooms make the burgers real moist and easy to eat.

I hope you do well with your diet. If you take the chicken or turkey and turn it into a salad, you could be eating it during your temporary mushy food stage. Just another piece of advice, learn these diets because when you have a fill you need to follow them again. (liquid for 1 day and mushy foods for 2 days) As for myself the only meat I have trouble with is beef, ground beef is fine (you can do ground beef during your mushy diet as long as you have it in a sauce) I have major trouble with steaks. I hope something here may have helped.

Hi,

I had my surgery October 14. for the first 2 weeks after I was on liquids, then went to puree for 1 week, then mushy. During the puree stage I discovered I could eat almost anything if I put it in the food processor until it was pureed or mushy. It helped me a lot, because I was able to get the flavor and nutrition. I bought small glass cups with lids, and would fill one up and bring it to work for lunch everyday. For example, I ordered an egg white, spinach and mushroom omlette to go with home fries from a diner, brought it home and put in in the food processor, it was Breakfast for a few days.

Also, when in doubt I also grab a Muscle Milk Light, which tastes great and is packed with Protein. You can buy the powder and make it yourself, and/or they sell them premade in single servings at drugstores, or Target. Hope this helps!

Thank you everyone:)