Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can't figure this dumb thing out

i cant wait to go to the doctor next month to see what he thinks and how frustrated i am with this band. i cant figure it out. i dont think i am too tight but then at times i do worry that it is too tight and that i throw up way to much and that the dumb thing is going to slip. i will go for days eating just fine and thinking i need more fill that im eating way too much food, then couple days later i will puke every meal up and feel like a bulimic person. im thinking i am not to tight that im just not chewing enough but who knows everyday and every meal its different i dont care about losing weight if i always have to worry about this thing giving me problems and eventually needing surgery to fix it i cant control my eating habit thats why i got this thing in the first place to help me but its just not. ive lost a total of 70 pounds so far which is great but all this stressing and worrying and obsessing about this thing is not healthy emotionally. i still feel like i have lost the weight with no help at all so far from the band that its just been because ive been dieiting and exercising. the last diet fad i went on i lost more then this actually and gained it all back. i gave up which is happening again now i lose motivation. just frustrated and needed to vent this seems to be the best place to do it and if you have negative things to say just dont bother im already insecure and know my issues

Sending positive thoughts your way! Please hang in there....70lbs is amazing! Eating healthy and exercise is our new way of life. Keep up the good work!!! Have you tried keeping a food journal or keeping track of what types of foods are making you sick? Specific time of day you should avoid certain types of foods?

Often our bands are tighter in the morning. Something that really helps me is putting everything into a 1 cup container, eating it very slowly, & then waiting 25 minutes to see if I'm still hungry or if I'm satisfied. If you feel the food passing right through your band you may be too loose. Foods high in starch & a lot of carbs don't go through the band very well, so keep that in mind. Try to stay positive, you got the band to help you....and it has. You're 70 lbs lighter & that's fantastic! Keep up the good work. Continue working with your band & your surgeon!

You've lost 70lbs! Seems like you're figuring it out to me. I'm sure it's frustrating to be throwing up. But just hang in there!

70 pounds is amazing..i feel like that about my band sometimes i feel i can get a horse then the next meal of day i cant eat any of the same exact food..i have justcome to aacept that mybandis fickle and somwthing i am going to have to deal with...as long as i am losing weighti can deal with it..hope some things said here help uou feel better.