Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEED HELP, ADVICE!! PLEASE! Feeling like Im failing

I had surgery July 20 2011 and I have only lost 14 pounds. I dont even eat that much. I had my 3rd fill Tuesday Oct 4 and I feel a lot more restriction I cant really get much down without chewing it 100 times...What can i do to speed up the process of losing weight...do i need to be eating a lot more? Do you think now that I have really good restriction the weight will fall off? Ive been working out for 3 weeks now. Lots of Cardio. Im sick of everyone telling me that I should have lost more weight by now that I am doing something wrong..Please give me your advice!!!!!

I'm not an expert, but I wonder if you might need a bit of an unfill. I do know it takes a few days for a fill to allow much to go down,

maybe you need to give it more time. My book says to drink liquids for a day or two after a fill. Someone with a little more experience

will come along and give you better advice. Until then, good luck and keep chewing.

I had surgery July 20 2011 and I have only lost 14 pounds. I dont even eat that much. I had my 3rd fill Tuesday Oct 4 and I feel a lot more restriction I cant really get much down without chewing it 100 times...What can i do to speed up the process of losing weight...do i need to be eating a lot more? Do you think now that I have really good restriction the weight will fall off? Ive been working out for 3 weeks now. Lots of Cardio. Im sick of everyone telling me that I should have lost more weight by now that I am doing something wrong..Please give me your advice!!!!!

First of all you should be on liquids for a couple of days, so the swelling goes down.

Then chewing forever, yep that's right !

As far as speeding up weight loss with the band ????

It is a slow go, and I am sure you know that.

Do you count calories and Protein or just eat what you want ?

Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. It's free, and it will calculate your food intake, your exercise, everything that you should be doing, it will do.

My problem is I eat things i know wont get stuck real easy...i am trying my best to kick the habit im not eating a lot of it though but my Protein intake is really low and my calories are really low, so really im eating what i want but very little of it.

First of all you should be on liquids for a couple of days, so the swelling goes down.

Then chewing forever, yep that's right !

As far as speeding up weight loss with the band ????

It is a slow go, and I am sure you know that.

Do you count calories and Protein or just eat what you want ?

Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up. It's free, and it will calculate your food intake, your exercise, everything that you should be doing, it will do.

trust me,,,, sign up, and you will see for yourself in calories what you are reajy eating

I really don't think you are that far off on your weight loss and I thought the very same way, as you , about a month ago...I had my surgery on 6/23/11 and I just had my 4th fill and so far lost a little over 22 lbs total but by 3rd fill was on 8/31 and I lost a total of 16 lbs. I kept thinking I wasn't where I was supposed to be yet. How could I not be loosing more? When I went in this past Tuesday and they said I am right where I should be...They said they only want up to loose 1-2 lbs a week for a person of my size...That's only 4-8 lbs a month...In my eyes that isn't that much but if you look at it like this...If you only lost 5 lbs a month more then what you already lost where will you be next June... I look forward to getting into a comfortable wardrobe next summer...We all want to see fast results but that's why the doctor is controlling this...If you loose fast it won't stay off...and they are easing you into a change instead of restricting you all at once...They say it take between 3-5 fills till you find your 'sweet spot' or 'green zone'...don't get discouraged...I am sure you are doing fine...

I had my surgery August 31. I was weighed exactly one week before my surgery and since that date, I have lost 20 pounds (in 6 weeks). I don't know if this is better than average or not...but it is working for me and the doctor said I was doing fine. I had my first fill today, so will update this when I have had a few days to adjust. Good luck.

Something else you have to remember we all start at different weights...The more weight you have on you the more you will loose at first versus someone that doesn't have as much weight to loose...As long as you're loosing we are all going in a positive direction. Of course we want to loose the weight as fast as we can but it's not healthy...Your doctor knows you and your history and he knows what he/she is doing.

trust me,,,, sign up, and you will see for yourself in calories what you are reajy eating

My fitness pal is great bc you can select a portion of a serving it's hard for us bandsters to count calories electronically bc we may only eat 1/2 or a 1/4 of a serving well this does all the guess work out of it!

When you say you eat thins that won't get stuck that makes me think if ice cream and chips which if I'm correct will definitely impact your weightloss. I agree with the qbove I think you need to up your Protein an Water intake and maybe see a nutrionist but you will need you to log everything including the bad stuff

Good luck and remember this weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight either. I always say it took me 29 Years to put the weight on I don't expect it to come off in a few months. If you let yourself get de- motivated you'll never conquer it!

Good luck!

You're hovering around the 1lb average, you're dong OK.. Its disappointing to not lose a bit faster at first - but it takes time to get restriction. If you've finally got it right, you probalby will start to lose a bit more easily.

You've said you only started working out 3 weeks ago - that's not long. Once you can get some good cardio and strength training going, pushing yourself most days of the week and with your band (and your good choices) controlling your intake, the weight will keep coming off. Even so, its often not as fast or as much as you expect - true fat loss is a very slow process. There's really nothing so very important about losing 40lb in the first 2 months - its more a matter of luck or strict low carbing lol - nobody can lose just fat that fast - there's a lot of Water, muscle tissue in there as well as fat. So dont compare yourself to others. If theres' one thing I've learned, it doesnt matter what your diet or exercise philosophy is, consistency is the key - consistency and time.

The longer you take to lose the longer you will be able to keep it off. Slow and steady wins the race its not about losing fast its about losing effectively and being able to keep it off once at goal

The longer you take to lose the longer you will be able to keep it off. Slow and steady wins the race its not about losing fast its about losing effectively and being able to keep it off once at goal

This is not always true about keeping the weight off. Our bodies are all different and we lose a different rates. It also depends on how you work your band, how your food choices are, how much Water you drink, how much you exercise, how much you have to lose, and so much more. Just because I lost fast a first does not mean I am going to gain it back.

Honey your doing fine!!

when i got my band on I didn't lose that much weight. i only lost 7 pounds with the liquid diet, which isnt that much... ocne your body gets used to your new attitude towards the new you, you might lose more weight, but at the same time you might gain a few pound. that happened to me, and i did lose those pounds that i gained and more. sometimes cardio isnt the only solution to weight lose. you need to built your muscles. and dont worry everyone was suprise that i didnt lose as much weihgt as the doctors thought that i would... so dont worry about it, and not everyone is different so we dont lose the weight the same.

Thank you so much for the caring words and support! It helps me a lot! BUT great news I was 216 when i went to the doc for my 3rd fill last week and today I am weighing 212 i feel like ive hit my sweet spot cause i am hardly ever hungry and when i do eat its hardly nothing! So maybe this is my time to shine!!! :))))))

Honey your doing fine!!

when i got my band on I didn't lose that much weight. i only lost 7 pounds with the liquid diet, which isnt that much... ocne your body gets used to your new attitude towards the new you, you might lose more weight, but at the same time you might gain a few pound. that happened to me, and i did lose those pounds that i gained and more. sometimes cardio isnt the only solution to weight lose. you need to built your muscles. and dont worry everyone was suprise that i didnt lose as much weihgt as the doctors thought that i would... so dont worry about it, and not everyone is different so we dont lose the weight the same.