Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diana, congratulations! Our dates are very close together, I had mine on the 15th. I have been dealing with a lot of shoulder pain, but I am using a heating pad and gas-x strips religiously. Today I was finally allowed to shower and wash off all of that orange stuff they painted on my stomach! Haha. Anyway. Hopefully if I have any trouble with my diet or exercise or emotions or whatever, I can come here for help. :)

I am so glad to have found a group of December bandsters!!! YAY!! I am getting banding on December 30! I can't wait! I am so excited and scared and everything else! I have told some of my family and friends about my decision. A few have told me that I am not big enough...I want to finish their comment by adding "yet"! I weigh 223 lbs and am 5 ft. 1 inch! I have decided that I need this procedure to help me lose the weight! I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I've done HCG and phen phen, I've starved myself by forcing a calorie limit of 500! The end result was always the same...losing the weight and gaining it all back and even an additional 10 - 20 lbs!!! My biggest cheerleader has been my husband! He has supported every wild diet I've tried! He's picked me up through the tears and has always said that he loves me and the way I look! I hate the way I look and was obsessing about every single thing that I put into my mouth! I would stress through every meal and would try to hide my fat by wearing clothes that were too big and too bulky!!! A friend of mine was banded 18 months ago! She has been my inspiration! She says that her only regret is that she was not banded sooner!

I will start my new life on December 30th! I will be positive and start my new journey with a smile! Thank you, December Bandsters! Your words have been so helpful and SO positive! Thank you, again and good luck to all of you!!

I am here if you need me!! :)

Go us!!!

C

This morning is my last morning as an overweight person tomorrow morning at this time I will break on through to the other side and begin my journey to a happier and healthier person Iam not even a little bit nervous and that surprises me Iam just so ready to do this I can't even think of words to express how much Iam looking forward to doing this and I know that having this website to come to and all of you people to read about and learn from has made all the difference and I thank you all for that I have had all my questions answered and gotten awesome ideas for how to live once Iam banded and gained a wealth of knowledge about what Iam about to do and I really feel that is the reason Iam so confident and calm about all this and that is the best gift I will get this holiday season no matter whats under the tree.So for that I just really want to thank all of you here and my wonderful new Facebook family and support group "Banded Together" you just can't know what a difference your making in peoples lives :-)

I get my band Tuesday morning and realy like to hear how you guys feel after surgary. I will only be taking one day off and then back to work. Do you guys think this is ok or am I setting myself up for a lot of undo pain.

Aj210.

If those no hernia repair, then it will depend on the work that you do. You will be gassy, the next day and will need somewhere to let it loose. LOL. I hope you willbe fine.

PJ384,

I know the feelings you are having. I was SO excited. I had my husband take pictures of me in a bathig suit , and measured myself so I can have something to go back to compare. I am day 3 of Post-op and I feel fine. All the gas is gone.

Good Morning everyone,

Today is my 3 days of post-op mark, I feel good. The gas is finally gone. A hint for those whose stomach os sore afterwards lay a low heating pad on there. It helps tremendously. When you feel the gas come on, drink something hot, like broth, some say applesider( sugarfree). They help alot. Walking will be your best friend. I was told I could have sugar free pudding, apple sauce, Jello, and light yogurt. I have a all fruit popsicle in the evening. I am also allowed to drink my Protein Shakes. These keep me from getting hungry. LOTS of liquids. The day after my surgery, I drank so much Water I thought my eyeballs would float. SOme one on here recommended Benifiber. I have used it once to start the process, it helps also. Gas X and Maalox are my right hand man. Today I am trying to not to have to take my pain meds. We will see how that goes. LOL

Today my family is having a Christmas dinner, not only will I not get to eat but it is the first holiday we will have without my mom. She died on Oct. 23. SO, today if I hadnt had this done. I would of been a stress eater and eating to much. I am very much a stress eater. I am praying for will power today. I am going to eat some milked down mash potatoes, and a sugar free pudding. My brother is making me sugar free tea, so splenda has also became my new friend. I am carrying around a a small container of it now. LOL

The website and the Facebook site has helped me tremendously. I check here ALL through out the day. E

Good morning everyone, well I am four days away from my surgery. I am really excited about this. I feel like I have already started my journey, I have somewhat became a gym nut again. LOL! I find myself looking forward to working out! That is one of my concerns, I know I will have to stay out of the gym for a few weeks. I do not want to lose the progress that I have already made. Oh well I realize that this is a marathon not a sprint.I am ready to see the "new" me. It has been a long time coming. Time for me to divorce this big belly and get my sexy back.teeth_smile.gif So I go in @ 8:00 a.m. for the "pregame" meeting and then @ 9:30 a.m. it is time for kickoff. I love my surgery team, they have gave me great information, and I know that I will be in great hands with them. Everyone in that office has been great, all the way down to the receptionist. Finding you guys has been a great benefit for me. I have learned from you guys and enjoy reading your stories.I look forward to continuing this journey with you. You guys have a great day, and may God bless you.cornut.gif

My husband and I are going in for our lap band surgery tomorrow morning! I'm blogging the whole experience here: http://happilyafterlapband.blogspot.com/ I hope we can make some great buddies on this site for extra support!

I joined your blog so I can watch ya'll progress. I think that its great that both of you are doing it together. Praying for yallteeth_smile.gif

My husband and I are going in for our lap band surgery tomorrow morning! I'm blogging the whole experience here: http://happilyafterl...d.blogspot.com/ I hope we can make some great buddies on this site for extra support!

Well Good Luck!!! My husband was banded on 12/5/11 and I was banded on 12/12/11. So far I am very happy:)

I haven't blogged but I posted a thread yesterday on my 5th day post opt

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/140120-happy-band-day-to-me/

My husband and I are going in for our lap band surgery tomorrow morning! I'm blogging the whole experience here: http://happilyafterlapband.blogspot.com/ I hope we can make some great buddies on this site for extra support!

PS Join our December secret Facebook group!!! Inbox me your name and location. I will add you then defriend you for privacy. I love my inspirational friends!!!

PS My husband asked the surgeon if he could engrave our bands....lol we are now banded for life.

Well it has been a long weekend. Went in friday morning to get the band and everything seemed to go well with the surgery. When I woke up my surgeon came over and wanted to make sure all the Fluid was out of the band because he said it was a little snug. I drank a few ounces of Water and was discharged shortly after. On the way home I had to stop and get sick. My stomach was killing me but when I vomited I felt much better...

Long story short this went on all of Saturday and after talking more with my doctor he said he wanted to swap the band out for a larger one. So last night I had to go back under the knife and get the larger band..all went well and I feel great now.

One thing to remember is go with what your body tells you and not what other people do. I was advised the pain I was having was normal by a friend that had the band too..she said she was the same way. If I would have listened to her I would have still had severe pain and a band that was not allowing anything through.

AJ210,

I was banded on 12/2 which was a friday, i had planned to only take off the day of the surgery and the following monday, I ended up taking off tuesday also. Not due to pain but lack of energy. I was exhausted just getting a shower and getting dressed for work. I worked half days the rest of the week. Everyone is different but one thing I have noticed on many other post was the lack of energy everyone felt. Week 2 I felt good as new, the only issue I had was my core was very weak and would get tired after standing and walking throughout the day. I found wearing a something like Spanx helped this a lot, it gave me support in my middle.

Good luck with surgery, and welcome to the other side!!

DEC 22 here I go- I am glad you are posting your pureed foods or hard liquids what ever, I wrote it down. Since I have not had many carbs-- I have many senior moments! air head is my new title! Tomorrow pre-op appt have only lost 7 lbs and that's nakid,,, so lets see what happens tomorrow. BE a great Christmas!

Hello Fellow December Bandsters! Just wanted to wish the best of luck to all who are being banded this week! And congrats to everyone who have been banded recently. I had my surgery December 8th, and I am feeling great. Every once in awhile if I do too much, my port site will be sore, but nothing a little rest doesn't take care of! Happy Holidays to you all!