Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my pre op testing on Thursday I had a EKG and a Chest x-ray then on Friday I had blood work done because nobody told me I would need to get blood work done that day and needed to be fasting for the blood work to be done but no biggie got it done early the next day then went Christmas shopping only to get home and hear a message on my answering machine from the hospital for me to call them as I need to come in for pre anesthesia testing good lord why can't they get this all down at once so you don't have to keep making trips back into the city which I would not mind but its a 2 1/2 hour drive one way for me and I work so I have to ask for time off and have done so twice in the last two weeks which they have given me but Iam worried they will start asking me why and whats going on and I had not planned to tell anybody at work ,*sigh* so will call this morning and ask what more do I need to give them and how soon do I have to give it to them I sure hope this still happens for me on Dec 19th starting to make me worry.

Was banded on 12/05. Was in the hospital from Monday to Friday because of other medical issues taken care of at the same time as the banding. Had a pretty rough week but am home now and feeling a whole lot better. Moving around pretty good and almost standing straight LOL. Now I can concentrate on the losing weight and looking forward to being fully recovered.

Hi Everyone. I am scheduled on December 14th. Really excited. Kind of nervous too but I am excited to start the new year with a wonderful tool to help me get to my goal. I plan to follow the rules. I just have been following the blogs and posts that are positive and getting lots of great information how to prepare and what are the good books to read. I ordered BANDWAGON and I hope it arrives before my surgery. I am attending the "Biggest Loser" finale tomorrow. I will be at the live taping. I really exited about that! My sister's gift to me. I went to the Biggest Loser resort this year. It about killed me. Then in the middle of this year I got heel spur. It is just this darn weight. I am just so excited to get down 10%. I will be feeling so much better. On this pre op diet I am already losing. I have no doubt I will be at goal or very near goal in 1 year!!! Good luck to every December 2011 Bandsters!

Can anyone tell me how much weight they have lost within 2 weeks post op? I was banded on 12/2 and lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet, since surgery I have only lost 2 lbs. I am not eating much, just my Protein Shakes, and Soups, I drink only Water. I am just getting concerned that I have gone through all this to lose weight and now I am not doing that.

Please help!

Congrats to Skinnyminime I hope your home and resting comfortably and feeling good I look forward to joining you on the other side save me a seat on the Loser's bench :-)

Pamers,

What is BANDWAGON?

Bandwagon is a book. I ordered off Amazon.com. It wasn't in my local bookstore. I heard about the book in another blog. Bandwagon; strategies for success with the adjustable band. by Jean McMillan

Preadmissions testing tomorrow and banding a week from today. I can't believe it is only 1 more week. It seems like forever since my origanal surgery date was 8/24 and I had to reschedule. My pre-op diet is the Atkins diet and it has been going ok, I really feel for those who have only liqueds. It is weird eating so much Protein and thinking "this is the rest of my life" however, I am starting to have less of an appetite in only a week on all this protein. Good luck to all December Bansters.

I am home! Out of surgery and everything is fine. I am so relieved it is over. I am drinking Clear Liquids every hour and so far so good! Keep you all posted how things are going.

Feeling great. A little gas but I burp and the pain is relieved. A little discomfort. Will take the pain medication before bed tonight.

Tomorrow is the big day !!! Excited and nervous at the same time but ready for it to happen. Wish me luck ! ;}

Banded yesterday. Woke up in pain, but they easily took care of that with shots, went in at 7:30 was out by 11:30.

I Drank fluids yesterday, and was fine. Tried sleeping on my side with pillows, big mistake. All in all it went super. Better than expected. Good luck to the rest of you!!!!

Tomorrow is my big day and i'm so excited. Getting ready to go to drs office for a class and then i think i will relax the rest of the day. Kinda nervous but the excitement out weighs the nervousness. Got my prescriptions filled and i'm concerned about swallowing a big pain pill. Can anyone tell me if they had problems with that...I'm wondering why he didn't prescribe liquid...hmmmmm

Received my band yesterday. Feeling pretty good today. Just a little sore. Able to keep liquids down. On the liquid diet for 2 weeks. Everything is great. Feeling just fine! So excited to having the band in.

Tomorrow is my big day. I am so ready for this. I am already feeling my appetite shrink. After the first three days of that pre op diet it has been pretty easy. I think it is a good think I love Soup. teeth_smile.gif I have had some cravings but, when I think about it I grab my glass of Water and sip away. I am looking for my mini vacation from work too. Just a little bonus of having the band done. I look forward to my new adventures and being part of the band family.

Tomorrow is my big day and i'm so excited. Getting ready to go to drs office for a class and then i think i will relax the rest of the day. Kinda nervous but the excitement out weighs the nervousness. Got my prescriptions filled and i'm concerned about swallowing a big pain pill. Can anyone tell me if they had problems with that...I'm wondering why he didn't prescribe liquid...hmmmmm

I would be very concerned about swallowing a pill, make sure to take to him I had to crush all my meds. Good luck on your Band Day!!