Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. I'm in for Dec 7th. Starting pre- op diet on November 23rd.

So happy to be posting in this thread!!! My official sugery date is December 14th.

I'm so excited to finally be on the schedule and start this process!! Woohoo!!!

I have my barium swallow and primary care sign-off both on this Wednesday (11/23), and I have my pre-op visit on Dec. 5. My pre-op diet will be for one week and it will start on Dec. 7. And then it's surgery time. smile.png

My surgeon is Dr. Robert Pinnar, and he works out of Reston Hospital (in Northern Virginia). I'm blessed that my insurance is covering the vast, vast majority of the cost.

So, so excited!

Hey hey hey!! Just had my PRE-OP visit and got my pre-op diet! I had to get it in early because I will be on the road. I'm 28 days from my new life!! Well...14! All smiles I might add!! December 19th!! Woo-hooo!

Attention all December 2011 Bandsters!!!

"TheCoolestSarah" started a Secret/Private group on Facebook. I am helping her add some of us in the group. If you are interested in joining inbox me. It is not searchable in Facebook because its private. I will have to friend you, then add you, then unfriend for privacy. Inbox me your full name smile.gif None of your friends will ever know and nobody in the group will have access to your pictures or wall.

So far we are 36 and more are joining the group. Apparently some names are very common so please include your location so I can find you guys on Facebook.

My surgery is 12/21 maybe I made a typo sorry. But thanks for all the well wishes I will keep them close till 12/21.

I was Dec1st but they bumped me up to tomorrow at 11am...feeling very at peace about it all, ready to start anew

My tenative date is thurs dec 15, i'm waiting to hear back from Aetna, my paperwork was submitted on 11/16, I'm getting a little nervous, b/c i hv seen other post that they rcvd an aetna response within 3 days

Hey guys, I just got my surgery date today. It will be 12/19/11. So excited. The policy of my office is to do a liquid diet 24 hours prior to the surgery but I think I will start a liquid diet 2 weeks prior. Would love to have a head start on the weight loss especially since I am 300 lbs. I would like to lose 15 pounds prior to surgery.

I just found out today that, pending my insurance approval (and I have my fingers crossed), my surgery date is to be December 22nd. I am very excited and ready to get started right away.

Its been a heck of a journey so far but Iam really staying positive about having my surgery on Dec 20th I was scheduled for Aug 29th but a family thing came up and I had to reschedule so the next time I had time off from work was winter break in Dec so I set it for then I called last week to see about setting up my pre op appointment and was told my surgeon had cancelled all his pending surgeries and I would be referred to another surgeon well after a week and 3 phone calls they have done nothing so this morning I called my insurance and told them what was going on and they said no problem get a new surgeon and just let us know who and where your having it done you will not need to re qualify so I called Dr Monash's office in Tucson and I have an appointment on Wed the 30th and the office manager said she will take care of having my file sent over and checking everything to be sure Iam good to go and she felt we had a good chance of keeping the same surgery date as well so Iam feeling pretty good about this right now and Iam excited to join the December Bandsters on this journey.

Was approved today by Aetna Insurance after one week, Praise God! Not looking forward to the two week liquid diet starting 12.3 for bandng 12.17. Here we go,,,

I found out yesterday that Dec 14 is the day for a new beginning of the rest of my life.. I cant wait until then, I am so excited to get it done so I can have that tool to help me get to my goal weight and STAY there..I will be banded on DEC 14.

Hi everyone-

I am new here and a December Bandster!!! December 16th is my date. It is a couple days after my birthday so it is a great gift to myself. I am getting excited and nervous. Which I know is normal. I am looking forward to my new adventures ahead of me. My husband has been very supportive and plans on joining me in trying to lose weight and get healthy. I look forward to coming here and getting to know everyone and have a place to come for additional support.

Here's to a new life and new start w00t.gif

Diana

Hi fellow bandsters. I am new to this site. I am scheduled for my surgery on December 22nd. Yeah !! A little nervous but excited too. I have started my low carb diet 2 days ago and made it through Thanksgiving today with ease. I am glad that I found this site and look foward to talking to each of you :)