Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For all those who have lost 100 pounds or more in a year

I love hearing all the success stories! I have been banded for about 2 weeks now and I was just wondering for all those who lost 100 pounds or more in a year, what diet did you do? What is a typical day of eating? Did you follow a specific diet like Atkins or something? I want to lose this weight asap and just wanted to know what diets you all have followed! Thanks!

I was just wondering for all those who lost 100 pounds or more in a year, what diet did you do? What is a typical day of eating?

I am 9 1/2 months out.... I have lost 124 lbs thius far and have 60-80 to go.... I just followed my Dr's advice and eat 1000 calories each day. I eat 1-2 Snacks and 3 meals. For each of the 3 meals I have 4 oz meat / protien, 1/2c veggies / 1/4c starch. Typicaly my day looks like this:

weekday B-fast - Carnation Instant Bfast sugar free / skim milk

weekend bfast- 1 egg scrambled, 1 slice wheat toast w/ suga free jelly / 1 slice bacon

week day snack - fruit

Lunch- 4oz tuna, cup of lettuce / onion, cucumbers/ fat free dressing / 3 triscuts

dinner 4 oz meat (broiled, grilled or baked), veggie or salad and 1/2 small baked potato

Snack - Skinny cow 100 calorie ice cream bar / mini box of raisins

64 oz Water

Its not exciting...but it works! :)

I am 9 1/2 months out.... I have lost 124 lbs thius far and have 60-80 to go.... I just followed my Dr's advice and eat 1000 calories each day. I eat 1-2 Snacks and 3 meals. For each of the 3 meals I have 4 oz meat / protien, 1/2c veggies / 1/4c starch. Typicaly my day looks like this:

weekday B-fast - Carnation Instant Bfast sugar free / skim milk

weekend bfast- 1 egg scrambled, 1 slice wheat toast w/ suga free jelly / 1 slice bacon

week day snack - fruit

Lunch- 4oz tuna, cup of lettuce / onion, cucumbers/ fat free dressing / 3 triscuts

dinner 4 oz meat (broiled, grilled or baked), veggie or salad and 1/2 small baked potato

Snack - Skinny cow 100 calorie ice cream bar / mini box of raisins

64 oz Water

Its not exciting...but it works! :)

Any exercise?

I lost 127 pounds my first year. I counted calories and my protien to make sure I was getting enough. I never drank a protien shake after the first two weeks. I was pretty much a rule follower

1200- 1400 calories a day

64 oz of Water everyday (or more)

never drank soda

never drank caffinated coffee (I do now)

Never Ever drank with my meals

Exercised regularly (but not obsessivly)

Ate what I wanted but really made healthy choices. However, if I wanted something that was a "treat", I had it.

After that first year (it's been a year and 3 months) i got a little more lax. And my weight loss has shown that. I have only lost 5 pounds in the last 3 months. I think I need to get back to the basic rules and see if I can kick it back in to high gear.

Good Luck to you!

I am 6 mths out on 10/04 and have lost 111 with 30 to go. I also have followed my Dr rules. I do eat 6 small meals a day and it works for me. I also do not drink Protein Shakes because I was told they were like slider foods and I would rather eat something anyway. I go to curves 5 days a week and walk 6 to 7 times a week. I think I am going to have to go to a regular gym before long, I feel like this last 30 pounds is going to take even harder work! As for what I eat let's start with what I do not eat. Rice, Pasta, bread, soda and sugary deserts. I love yogurt mixed with fruit and kashi in the morning.( I do also drink a home made latte when I first get up) during the day I eat chili (homemade low cal) salad with meat and eggs and veggie, whatever meat I cook for dinner and veggies, Snacks are laughing cow cheese on a wasu cracker, 100 cal snack, fruit, Protein Bar (I only eat half) I do watch my Protein and drink lots of Water.< /p>

I forgot to add that I do 800-1000 cals a day and I also when a craving hits enjoy skinny cow icecream!

This is all really helpful! thank you for the input. Sounds like high protien low carb diets.

I'm 9 1/2 months out and have lost 112 lbs (38 lbs to go) and ive dine it with only 1 fill. Until about 3 months ago I didn't exercise much and ate 1,000-1,100 calories per day. Now, I exercise 5-6 days a week and eat 1,100-1,200 calories per day. I eat 80-120g Protein a day and aim for less than 50g carbs.

I follow the rules my surgeon gave me - no drinking with meals and 30 minutes after, get my Protein in, drink at least 64 oz Water (I average about 100 oz). It is possible

I'll be a year out tomorrow and have lost 109 pounds with 10 more to go until my personal goal (although I've already surpassed my surgeon's goal). I'm a vegetarian, although I've started eating a lot more fish. Generally, I eat between 650-850 calories per day, at least 80 g Protein, and I used to keep my carbs at 40g or below. Now I'm reintroducing more carbs into my diet - mainly in the form of fruits. I eat a small Breakfast (usually a ff greek yogurt with protein powder) around 9:30, followed by a Protein Shake around 12:30, then a small lunch around 3:30 (usually low fat cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg, and some raw veggie), protein shake around 6, and dinner (usually a salad with some form of protein) around 8. I exercise between 1-2 hours everyday with rare exceptions.

For the first six months I pretty strictly low-carbed. Then I mostly low-carbed with some occasional treats thrown in. Now I'm eating whatever. And I'm stuck :) But, for me, low carbing helped me kick the weight AND helped me do it without hunger and with three small fills over the course of the year.

your stories are all amazing! I wish i have done that good. I have struggled quite a bit since i have been banded and was very interested to read this post! I have just "started over" with my lifestyle! I ahve CHF and Chronic Renal Disease so high Protein is hard when there is so much sodium. But after reading everyones post over last few days and doing a bit more research (more than the clnic i go to) I think I have come up with a new plan. I am super excited to get my weightloss on track. its been 7 months since i have been banded and havnt had any good results rather then inches off of me. So now I am triying to get it in to gear. Thank you all for the stories and to you who started this post thank you the most!

Any exercise?

to be honest....nothing regimented until recently... now I am walking 2 miles 3x per week.