Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, is there anybody that was banded in july???? need food tips. I've only lost 22 pounds

I was banded July 19th , I only lost 22 pound too.:angry: I've had 2 fills so far and my restriction seems so minimal. I have a 10 cc band with 4.5 filled. I can guzzle Water with no issues and can eat well over a cup of food.

I have increasd my workout and Water, hoping to see a difference.I eat about 50 grams of Protein, i should increase that too. My doctor is happy with the results, but Im not. They say you will lose the most in the first 6 months, so this sucks.

Let me know if you find anything that helps !

Oh my goodness, we're triplets! I was banded on July 18th and I am only down about 22 pounds as well. Yea, the whole "you lose the most weight in the first six months" is getting to me to. And yes, my doctor seemed happy during my last appointment with my results, but I am ready to see more. I keep thinking it's my exercise routine because I am eating better than I have in my whole life. I think I just have to step it up a little. But I would also love some recipes.< /p>

Oh my goodness, we're triplets! I was banded on July 18th and I am only down about 22 pounds as well. Yea, the whole "you lose the most weight in the first six months" is getting to me to. And yes, my doctor seemed happy during my last appointment with my results, but I am ready to see more. I keep thinking it's my exercise routine because I am eating better than I have in my whole life. I think I just have to step it up a little. But I would also love some recipes.

I was banded 7/5 and also lost 22 lbs. My doctor said that this is above average. They expect only 5 lbs a month.

I was banded 7/1. I was told I should be losing 2-3 lbs per week. The one thing that I stick to the guns about is not drinking for an hour after I eat. Sometimes I take a tiny sip just to get my mouth wet or to get the flavor out of my mouth. My doctor told me no Pasta or bread. I have had one small serving of pasta and no actual bread, although I have had Nutri Grain bars but not actual bread. Carbs turn into sugar and sugar turns into fat. I also put my food on a saucer. When I feel a little pressure on under my breast bone I get up from the table and/or stop eating. This is the hardest part for me, because I want to take one more bite, because it tastes so good . I love sweet tea, so I limit myself to one a week as a treat. But I will admit I could be doing a lot better. But this is a learning experience, if we don't make mistakes how are we ever going to learn what works best for us and our band. Also I think no matter how fast or slow we lose the weight we are going to think we should lose it faster. But I look at it this way: Before the band it took me HOW long to lose this much weight, and then be depressed and anxious the entire time about gaining the weight back. So 22 lbs ladies is awesome. You will keep the weight off forever, and you should give yourself a pat on the shoulder. Have a good rest of the week and I am excited to hear what you guys do so I can add them to what I am doing!

Am in the same track guys, I was banded july 20 am only down 20lb, I got my first fil last week since that i feel that am eating much less and my restriction have started. But just like yaa i want to see the scale moving down faster!!

Seriously? You're upset because you've "only" lost MORE THAN 20 LBS SINCE JULY? :D I know that we all want this process to move faster, but it's not healthy to lose weight too quickly, either. I often wish I were losing weight more quickly, but losing slowly beats not losing at all!!!!

i guess we just need to be more patient:) lol! I just feel insecure because it seems like everyone who posts on this board is dropping faster. Somewhere on here there was "July 2011 Bandster" thread with about 300+ replies, and I swear that every single one of them was ahead of me. Even today there was someone who started a thread who was banded in August and had already lost 20+ pounds. It's just hard not to compare. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the 20 lbs, but I have 100+ pounds to lose and 2.5 of the six months are already gone.

Anyway, on a less whiney note (ha ha!), I have started to make salads with cucumbers, carrots, lettuce and red wine vinegar, and I already feel like I have done better this week. I am also planning on adding some moderate weight lifting to my walking routine.

I was banded July 1 and I still measure out my food, I only eat a half cup at each meal. I also do not snack in between meals. I go to the gym 5 days a week. 3 days cardio and the other two 15mnts of cardio and 15 mnts of weights(like a curves circut). I drink my wayer everday, take my supplements and do not drink 30mnts before, during or 30mnts after eating.

I went for fill # 2 a week and a half ago and now finally feel restriction. I have lost 52lbs.

I think 20, 30 , 40 , 50, anything is great, we wouldn't have done it withour our bands :rolleyes: . Everybody is different!!!Keep on working the band and the results will come, slow or fast, you're still skinnier than you were in July!!!

Dont compare yourself to anyone else. Every body is different. Its 22 pounds you will never see again. Keep it up!!

check out the July 2011 thread. there's a huge difference from person to person. My starting BMI was 52, so I'm going to drop weight faster initially, that's just how it goes. Lower BMI's will lose at a slower rate. Are you exercising? Getting fills? Remember that it isn't a competition, we all want the same ultimate goal....and a number isn't all it is about. I want to be healthy, whatever number that ends up being. Hang in there!

Hey, is there anybody that was banded in july???? need food tips. I've only lost 22 pounds

Hey, I just wanted an update on the Julysters that are having trouble. Have you guys gotten any other tips or tried anything new? For me, the carrot, cumcumber and vinegar salads got old after about a week. The weightlifting seems to have helped a little.

Let me know how you're doing! :rolleyes:

Hi all, Just a word to those of you who don't feel quite at your green zone yet. At my 3rd fill I had a total of 5 cc in my band and still felt hungry, and struggling not to eat, I went in for my 4th fill 2 weeks later and they only added .5cc... I thought, well, that won't make such a difference....Boy was I wrong, I went from yellow zone to RED zone and totally missed the green. I felt crummy and couldn't eat the high quality diet I was supposed to. Well I had .2cc taken out and feel GREAT. It is amazing how quickly things can change in that respect when you are close to your target zone. It is also amazing that a tiny tweak can make all the difference. Stay patient, do the right things, and have a good dialogue with your doc. I thought that I would be further along in my weight loss as well, but I'll take a small weight loss every week, any time, over the alternatives of gaining or feeling like crap from reflux or worse from an overfill! With patience there is progress...that is the lesson I am learning on my journey. Happy Day all!

Ok, just had my second fill today. I am at 4.2 ccs in a 10cc band. I am down 4 pounds since Sept. 30th. Again, my doctor seems happy, but 4 pounds in six weeks is not where I want to be.

Back to the drawing board.....