Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating after lap band removal

I have searched and searched other websites, forums,etc. and connot find an answer to this question. HOW LONG AFTER LAP BAND REMOVAL CAN YOU EAT NORMALLY AGAIN???

I got my band in 2006 and was successful with it for the first few years. Then I started having problems...a lot of induced vomiting because nothing much would go down and would always get stuck. I suffered with this for a long time. I went through fills and unfills, etc. But several weeks ago, I got to where I could not eat anything and then could not even digest liquids, even Water. I went to my doctor and he removed all of the Fluid from my band. Still nothing would go down. I ended up going to the ER and was admitted and the next day they did emergency surgery to remove my band. Doctor said it had eroded.

It has now been 7 days since my removal surgery and I am still finding it difficult to eat even soft foods (pudding, Soup, etc). I can do Clear Liquids fine, but am still feeling that "stuck" feeling and have vomited 3 or 4 times.

Perhaps I am impatient, but I was under the impression that after a few days of healing, I could begin eating soft foods again and then gradually move on to regular foods. I know my stomach is still probably swollen from the surgery, but I am frustrated (you would be too if you hadn't eaten anything in over 12 days). I see my doctor in 2 days, but can anyone else shed some light for me.

If you had your band removed, what was your experience, recovery time, days it took to eat again, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am not interested at this time in the sleeve or any other type of weight loss surgery, so I would appreciate it if your comments were on subject.

Thank u so much !!!

Go to obesityhelp.com and lap band forum. I amSURE there are PLENTY of people there that will be happy to help you... They even have a sub-group called "failed bands" or some like that. Good luck

Yeah bye bye , you had your band since 2006 and this is your first post here and about the band being remove , you will figure out when you can eat so figure it out

Yeah bye bye , you had your band since 2006 and this is your first post here and about the band being remove , you will figure out when you can eat so figure it out

WOW...such nice people on here :( I came here for help and just because I haven't posted on this site before I am told to get lost ???? Very helpful indeed

I have searched and searched other websites, forums,etc. and connot find an answer to this question. HOW LONG AFTER LAP BAND REMOVAL CAN YOU EAT NORMALLY AGAIN???

I got my band in 2006 and was successful with it for the first few years. Then I started having problems...a lot of induced vomiting because nothing much would go down and would always get stuck. I suffered with this for a long time. I went through fills and unfills, etc. But several weeks ago, I got to where I could not eat anything and then could not even digest liquids, even Water. I went to my doctor and he removed all of the Fluid from my band. Still nothing would go down. I ended up going to the ER and was admitted and the next day they did emergency surgery to remove my band. Doctor said it had eroded.

It has now been 7 days since my removal surgery and I am still finding it difficult to eat even soft foods (pudding, Soup, etc). I can do clear liquids fine, but am still feeling that "stuck" feeling and have vomited 3 or 4 times.

Perhaps I am impatient, but I was under the impression that after a few days of healing, I could begin eating soft foods again and then gradually move on to regular foods. I know my stomach is still probably swollen from the surgery, but I am frustrated (you would be too if you hadn't eaten anything in over 12 days). I see my doctor in 2 days, but can anyone else shed some light for me.

If you had your band removed, what was your experience, recovery time, days it took to eat again, etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am not interested at this time in the sleeve or any other type of weight loss surgery, so I would appreciate it if your comments were on subject.

Thank u so much !!!

I am sorry for all of the trouble you have had; there is a forum on this site called lap band complications which has a subforum on lap band removal. Just keep scrolling down and you will see it. Take care of yourself.

Robbie

WOW...such nice people on here :( I came here for help and just because I haven't posted on this site before I am told to get lost ???? Very helpful indeed

Why we all start this journey together for the most from the beginning , before lap band to getting the band and in some cases the band coming out , in your case you had the band since 2006 and you come on here asking how soon can I eat after taking the band out , I don't care when you can eat again or how much , we don't know your history or nothing to why your band was removed to me it just seems like you are just slamming the band , if you didn't need anybody's help on here since you got the band then why do you need it now after you took the band out

Sorry you have not had success with your band.... maybe if you call your doctors office they can advise... good luck

Why we all start this journey together for the most from the beginning , before lap band to getting the band and in some cases the band coming out , in your case you had the band since 2006 and you come on here asking how soon can I eat after taking the band out , I don't care when you can eat again or how much , we don't know your history or nothing to why your band was removed to me it just seems like you are just slamming the band , if you didn't need anybody's help on here since you got the band then why do you need it now after you took the band out

For your information, I have been a member of other forums...just been so long, i don't remember which ones. AND I gave you my history and why the band had to come out in my post. Why is it so offensive to you people to have someone ask a simple question? Do not judge me. This is supposed to be a help forum and you are telling me you don't care if I eat at all ???? This is the nastiest forum I have ever been on. I am not slamming the band, never once said anything bad about it.. So I will go elsewhere, where people aren't such jerks (no offense intended for those of you who were trying to help). To the rest of you...you have serious issues and I hope when you are in need, no one helps you.

This is one of the nicest forums I am part of because of lap band , if you came on here asking for help or ideas what's happening to you then you world get a great response for the people here , you are asking when can I eat whole foods again , you are complaining about doing a liquid diet for 12 days and already pushing to eat mushies and solids , most of the people here had to do a liquid for 2weeks pre op and 2 weeks for post op , and here you are pushing to eat solids already after surgury , you can't even wait till you heal to start eating like you used to before the band , if I came off mean then well I did a good job

This is one of the nicest forums I am part of because of lap band , if you came on here asking for help or ideas what's happening to you then you world get a great response for the people here , you are asking when can I eat whole foods again , you are complaining about doing a liquid diet for 12 days and already pushing to eat mushies and solids , most of the people here had to do a liquid for 2weeks pre op and 2 weeks for post op , and here you are pushing to eat solids already after surgury , you can't even wait till you heal to start eating like you used to before the band , if I came off mean then well I did a good job

Really???? I did the same thing as you, liquid before and after the band...I did not come on here to see when I could pig out again. I am dehydrated and cannot get food down and am concerned for my health. I have lived with the band for 6 years, and you???? I was told by my surgeon that I would be able to get soft food down 3 days after surgery and was asking what others that had the band removed had experienced, so I could see if I should be worried. And yes, you did come off mean, you ARE mean...and if you are going to be an ass to me because I asked a question, then you can F**k off. I hope you fail with your band too and go throught what I've been through. In fact I hope you fail PERIOD. Jerk

most people are not meanies

good luck