Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Fill Swelling

Feeling lousy and desperate, can anyone tell me what your post fill swelling feels like. I've had quite a few fills but never felt like this! THANKS!!

Mine felt super tight and I couldn't eat anything, although I could drink I had to do it very slowly. You might feel louy because you aren't getting the proper nutrients (take yr. vitamins) or you are dehydrated and not drinking enough Water. Not sure if that's what you ment by feeling lousy.

Hope you feel better!

Thanks. I know I'm not getting in enough to keep hydrated so now I'm sipping Crystal Light every few minutes.

I feel queasy and my body feels achey. Lying down feels worse. Some of the pains are sharper than others, usually around my left middle. I'm coming up on 24 hours since the fill. He put me on liquids for 2 days, then mushies for 2. Right now, I can't imagine ever eating again! lol

What do you mean by "super tight?" I've never had swelling like this but I've never been so filled. From what I'm reading, it sounds pretty normal so I hope it goes away in the next day or so.

I'm dealing with the same issue as you today and it's awful. This has happened to me once before with a too tight fill. I was filled last week on Tuesday and it's way too tight, am only able to hold down Water every now and then, and eating or drinking anything besides that right now? Forget about it for me. I would go back in and get a slight unfill, but unfortunately it's Saturday, so I can either go to the ER or suck it up til my surgeon is in on Monday. I know this reply doesn't really help, just wanted to let you know there is someone right there with you today smile.gif

Suzie B., Actually you helped a lot!! Even though I have a huge amount of family support, I still feel all alone in this. I finally slept last night and that helped. I hate to say it but I crushed up a Vicadin from my husbands colonoscopy last year and mixed it with a bit of a slushie! I guess it helped with the swelling enough to let me sleep. I was desperate!!

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better and over 6 pounds lighter (since Thursday). I slowly sipped on about 1/4 cup of a Protein drink. Not perfect but a lot better than yesterday!! I would go in too but being that it's a Saturday, I'm afraid that the ER doc will just empty the whole band! I'll rock it out until Monday too.

My biggest problem in all of this is that I'm a transfer pt and I'm not very fond of my new doc. I just posted a post asking about fill clinics. I see there's one somewhat near me and it's tempting to go there, even if I do have to pay out of pocket!

I hope you're at least somewhat comfortable. Take care of yourself and let me know how it goes!! Thanks again for posting!

Haha completely understand the Vicodin, I took some of my boyfriend's Tamazapam hoping it would relax me so I could calm the reflex to PB and rest. I love my surgeon, I just wish he was available on Saturdays. I personally feel asinine going to the ER so they can take x-rays and charge me and exorbitant co-pay when all I need is a little needle to pull out about .5 cc of saline. I only pay $25.00 for OV's to my surgeon, an ER would be a lot more than that so I guess I will suffer in silence. Where do you live? I'm in NJ, if you are close to here I would recommend my surgeon, he's fantastic.

I'm in northern Alabama. I really liked my doctor in Hawaii and LOVED my clinic and the support I had there. I'm super hungry tonight but as soon as I think about food, I feel sick to my stomach. I'm looking forward to Monday and hopefully will be feeling a lot better! Hope you do too!