Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my 2nd fill last week and will go back in 2 weeks for another teeny fill. I plateaued from when I go tmy first fill until I got my 2nd. Now I'm ffeling some restriction, but I still feel like I'm eating more than I should, so hopefully this next fill will do the trick.

Problem is, my mothers' group is going out for dinner the night of the fill! It's OK, they all know i've had the band, but it's going to be tough to just order an appetiser Soup when everyone else is having gourmet pizza!

I weigh in every morning after using the toilet, wearing my pyjamas.

Glad you are feeling some restriction, sure you will starting losing again really soon. I go tomorrow for my 2nd fill and hopefully this will help me October has been a struggle.

Glad everyone is doing well! Chich, glad the unfill went well. I am not having as much trouble getting food down, but I am choosing different foods then normal. I couldn't eat much Friday so I broke down and had a fun size candy bar, some wine, and a snack size doritos bag. I was still under my 1200 calories. I have to say it was frustrating. chicken just doesn't want to be good to me, and neither does chopped beef. The meats are so hard, I can only get like 2 bites and I get the chest feeling. I will have some mashed potatoes for dinner tonight...wish I could just take a Protein pill! Plus side, I'm down 197.4!!

I had my first fill on Friday and I am hoping this will speed up my weight loss. I had only lost 6lbs last month and doc was not too happy with that. However, since I have been on this liquid and soft diet again, I am losing now :)

Good Luck to everyone on their journey!!

Sounds like we all getting fills now, finally! I am getting my 4th teeny tiny .25 cc. fill tomorrow but I do feel like I am getting close to the green zone. My appetite is getting less and I get full faster which is a good thing. It still makes no sense to me how we eat 900-1000 calories a day and are not loosing tons of weight. That's normal in our situation I guess but it sure can be frustrating.

Catherine, I hope that fill goes well for you and your weight loss continues. Chick, keep us posted. Hoe are you doing now? Jess, chicken is not good to me either. Ms lady, let us know how it goes. Cake girl, have that appetizer, you can do it and stay on program. It is so hard to watch others eat isn't it? Bobrocky, maybe saltines explode when they go down. LOL Glad you are feeling some restriction. Hope the next time it goes down easier. Ctarintina, 30 lbs is amazing. Keep up the good work. Caryn, good job. Keep it up. Helathywoman, I can't wait to see those 180's. Good job.

Did anyone get much snow or loose their electricity? My youngest lives in NY in Sunnyside and they got a few inches. Chich, I thought of you. Stay warm.

I had a few NSV's today at church. 3 people asked me how I was loosing weight and said I looked good. I'm at 19 lbs and I've always heard it takes at least 15 lbs for anybody to notice. I said exercise and counting calories, which is true. I have not told many people yet about my lapband. I will when I loose a lot more weight. I just don't want people watching me and asking how I am doing or like some of your experiences of asking why I have not lost more weight.

How is everybody else dealing with telling people about your lapband?

Keep those reports coming about your fills, unfills and victories. You never know when it's just the thing someone else needed to hear to help them. Have a great week, stay warm and on program.

We can do this! :rolleyes::):D

Blessings,

GG

Confession.....I've been a BAD, BAD girl this weekend!! I got into the Halloween candy and I'm not proud of it. :unsure: I have such a weekness for chocolate. Once I had a piece, I had to have another piece. I swear it affects me like a drug! I cannot wait until Halloween is over and the candy is out of my house! I do okay when I dont have the temptation.

It sounds like the rest of you are doing good and following the rules. My next fill isnt until the week of Thanksgiving and I am definately going to call tomorrow and move it up. My doctor says right now my band is half full. Is anybody else concerned about the upcoming holidays and all the food temptations? Hopefully our bands will all be properly adjusted by then and we can all resist the temptation.

Kristen, OMG I'm dreading halloween candy in the house! Right now we have a pumpkin pie from costco in the house and i'm not a huge fan of pumpkin, but I still can't stay out of the damn thing. Shouldn't have bought it. That's what happens when you take the husband to costco.

Been eating regular foods tonight and although I did have to slow down because I could feel it going through the band, I didn't feel any more restriction really. Ugh. I must have a teeny tiny esophagus cause i'm up to freaking 10ccs in the 14cc band. I know I need to give it some time though. I didn't feel much restriction after the first few days after number 2 either and then ultimately I DID by the time the next fill came around, so I dunno, just gotta see what happens. I was up 3lbs this morning but I know i'm just bloated because I haven't really been bad or anything, and then I started my period today so i'm chalking it up to that and won't weigh myself for a few days.

GG, yay for the nsv's!

Catherine, why would the doc be "not happy with that"? My docs haven't said a damn word to me about how much, or little, i've lost. They are just like, ok more Fluid in the band, since i'm obviously not there yet!

Rebecca, my girlfriends are going to be the death of me. At least a lot of the sweets we eat are bread-y and eventually I won't be able to tolerate that at all.

OH, and i'm pissed. I am still in a size 20. I tried on some 18s at Walmart yesterday and they wouldn't even button. Bastards.

Since some of us are confessing................I will give you mine I did HORRIBLE today. I ate entirely too much went over almost all of my limits on MFP. I am fighting a losing battle it feels. I was hungry and I over ate at lunch and dinner. The killing part about it is that I am going for a fill tomorrow (actually a few hours now). Why would I do that to myself?? I'm so sorry that I am always the one complaining in the A11 bunch, but this journey for me is such an emotional rollercoaster!! My willpower in the beginning was strong, but everyday I feel it weakening I am giving in to the hunger. My weightloss is ok, my complaint is the constant hunger and decrease in willpower. I don't want to be overweight, I want to be able to go up my stairs without gasping for air, I want to live so that I care for my autistic son (we have no one else), I want to be healthy and stop taking hypertension meds. Father give me strength.

P.S. This forum is all I have, there is no one else to talk to, nobody knows I have the lapband and at this rate I will probably not share for a long time if then.

OH, and i'm pissed. I am still in a size 20. I tried on some 18s at Walmart yesterday and they wouldn't even button. Bastards.

OK what's the deal with that?!?! Per the scale I am down 36lbs, but I am still wearing the same cloths that I was wearing pre-band. Thanks for the laugh needed that (Bastards.....LOL).

Confession.....I've been a BAD, BAD girl this weekend!! I got into the Halloween candy and I'm not proud of it. :unsure: I have such a weekness for chocolate. Once I had a piece, I had to have another piece. I swear it affects me like a drug! I cannot wait until Halloween is over and the candy is out of my house! I do okay when I dont have the temptation.

It sounds like the rest of you are doing good and following the rules. My next fill isnt until the week of Thanksgiving and I am definately going to call tomorrow and move it up. My doctor says right now my band is half full. Is anybody else concerned about the upcoming holidays and all the food temptations? Hopefully our bands will all be properly adjusted by then and we can all resist the temptation.

I agree with you Kristen I do good when I don't have temptations. One of the things that I did poorly on today was some sour cream and onion chips that I left on the countertop. After I had already done the damage (by eating some almost everytime I passed them) I said I should have put them in the pantry, that way out of sight out of mind. I hope I have at least a little restriction by Thanksgiving.

Congrats on the NSV today GG!

Ms lady. Carry on ranting if it helps. 1 bad day won't make a huge difference over the year. It's what we do for the other 300 plus days! It took us a lifetime to gain the weight and it's going to take lots of months to lose it. Just keep drinking and exercising and it will come off in it's own time but remember this is your journey and a time when you should be selfish and look after yourself regardless of how much your son needs you. One of the things we all have to face is who will look after our special children after we are gone as it will happen one day regardless of what we weigh. Good luck with the fill!

Good Morning all, I enjoyed all your posts-Caryn you're sooo funny! I also was bummed out when I went to my closet- I was down to 184.6 and didn't fit into my 18's !! Crazy- but I fit into them on my way up to 210!!!

Confession- I must've eaten a pound or more of the halloween candy too!! Knew I shouldn't have had it in the house. Just one bite and I'm hooked again-don't understand why people get hooked on expensive drugs when chocolate is sooo much cheaper and tasty too!!!

Bummed again when I weighed in at 186 today-my punishment for not staying away from the candy! My next fill is on the 18th of November-so I don't expect to have a rough time during the holidays. We can eat small amounts of everything so just cut your pie into smaller portions and eat slow to savor the flavor. I will walk more to burn off the extra candy calories.

Have a good week, Healthywoman

First off, if you don't have the restriction yet, all your doing is dieting. I am not planning on really dropping lbs until I'm where I should be restriction wise! Ms.lady, don't beat yourself up!! I've only lost 16lbs total!! 36 is phenomenal, you just can't see the forest for all the trees. You'll get there, just keep up with the doctor and get more fills. We.will.get.there.

I'm glad I have school cause I take my lunch and two Snacks and that's all I get! And its always fine, I'm not starving or anything, so I know its just my head hunger getting the best of me, although I am doing a wee bit better in that department. I can't wait till dec, then Ill start exercising again.