Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 4th teeny tiny fill .25 CC. I had only lost 1 1/2lbs on his scale in 2 weeks. Bummer. He said I was doing well and not come back for a month. He also told me to eat more. I've been between 900-1100 calories. I asked if I could come back in 2 weeks if I need to and he said yes so I'm OK with that. I had hoped cutting calories 2 weeks ago might help and it did get my loss started again after 10 days but my body just wants to hold onto my weight. I go up, I go down. Then I stay down. Oh well that's the way it is so I will not stress about it. I feel good and am loosing inches so I am a happy camper. I'm going to adopt Caryn's attitude. It will be slow but it was slow getting it on and it will be slow getting if off.

Have a great week everyone. We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Congrats on the NSV today GG!

Thanks Ms Lady!

Woke up this morning super excited, because I was going to be my much needed fill (did my victory dance and everything)! Well I celebrated to soon.........After 7 sticks and 3 different needles Dr. could not find port access. And yes after stick 3 it started to get painful. He thinks that my port has flipped, because when he inserts the needle it does not go through and we would here this thumping sound when he tried (he said which most likely the back of the port). He asked if I been having any pain at port area or unusual feelings and I have not. So I took an x-ray and he said he will call me tomorrow with the game plan, which might be as he said cutting me back open and flipping it back around on Friday.......Great .....more money out of my empty pockets, I have not started paying on the 2,000 plus out pocket of expenses from the intial surgery.

Woke up this morning super excited, because I was going to be my much needed fill (did my victory dance and everything)! Well I celebrated to soon.........After 7 sticks and 3 different needles Dr. could not find port access. And yes after stick 3 it started to get painful. He thinks that my port has flipped, because when he inserts the needle it does not go through and we would here this thumping sound when he tried (he said which most likely the back of the port). He asked if I been having any pain at port area or unusual feelings and I have not. So I took an x-ray and he said he will call me tomorrow with the game plan, which might be as he said cutting me back open and flipping it back around on Friday.......Great .....more money out of my empty pockets, I have not started paying on the 2,000 plus out pocket of expenses from the intial surgery.

I am so sorry to hear your story. Bless your heart I'm sure it is upsetting. Did the xray show the port had flipped for sure? Maybe he can do in the office and it won't be expensive. They are right below the skin. Keep us posted and it might flip back before Friday. I'll pray for that.

Blessings,

GG

Sounds like I am not the only one that is to hard on myself. I think this is going to be an everyday journey. Some days I am not under control. I realize I have to do better and try again the next day. I ve always been an all or nothing girl when it comes to weight loss, but this is the rest of my life. Ive lost thirty. Youve lost more. Bits at a time are better than none and maybe better for our skin. You give your child patients, give yourself some. I am talking to myself too. Dont throw in the towel. Just try again in the morning.

Since some of us are confessing................I will give you mine I did HORRIBLE today. I ate entirely too much went over almost all of my limits on MFP. I am fighting a losing battle it feels. I was hungry and I over ate at lunch and dinner. The killing part about it is that I am going for a fill tomorrow (actually a few hours now). Why would I do that to myself?? I'm so sorry that I am always the one complaining in the A11 bunch, but this journey for me is such an emotional rollercoaster!! My willpower in the beginning was strong, but everyday I feel it weakening I am giving in to the hunger. My weightloss is ok, my complaint is the constant hunger and decrease in willpower. I don't want to be overweight, I want to be able to go up my stairs without gasping for air, I want to live so that I care for my autistic son (we have no one else), I want to be healthy and stop taking hypertension meds. Father give me strength.

P.S. This forum is all I have, there is no one else to talk to, nobody knows I have the lapband and at this rate I will probably not share for a long time if then.

You are adorable!! I laugh every time I read your post- I too, grabbed all of my next sized down from that deep dark place in my closet and they wouldn't even go over my hips. Bastards

OH, and i'm pissed. I am still in a size 20. I tried on some 18s at Walmart yesterday and they wouldn't even button. Bastards.

Omg the Halloween candy! Get it away, get it away!! Yesterday was good, I had a lot of restriction in the morning, could barely eat my frosted mini wheats, got maybe a handful down, very slowly, I was like this is awesome! Went to school and had a mandarin orange about 1030 ish, had to go very slow and could barely eat the whole thing. But around 1, when it was time for lunch, I was able to easily eat a whole kashi granola bar. I waited 15 min and was hungry so I heated up a frozen burrito thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it, but unfortunately it was no problem. The rest of the day was easy, I must have some swelling in the morning. I still didn't eat a ton, a few potstickers with peas and rice for dinner, but after trick or treating I had some candy :( ah well. I'll TRY and stay away from it today and tomorrow ill take a bunch of it to school with me.

Holy cow I cannot stop eating today. I am just plain hungry! It wouldnt be so bad if I did not have a bunch a crap surrounding me. This morning I actually felt like I was lighter so I was all kinds of excited to get on the scale when I got home today. Well not now.....abort plan abort plan I am guessing I probably just ruined a good thing. I am so gratefull that I get a fill in a week! Lord help me get through this week pretty please with sugar on top! I havea feeling God likes sweets too either that or he is a really mean trickster.

Bahaha, operation stay away from halloween candy, FAIL, BIG FAT EPIC FAIL.

I'm not stressing, I'm on my period and tomorrows a new day, unfortunately that evil crap is still plentiful in the house, but at least i have school to keep me away all day!

What the hell is a slider food? Cause I was thinking things like milkshakes, starbucks, etc. Things liquidy or melty like chocolate and candy. Today I was able to eat a handful of pop chips (kind of like potato chips but their baked, super good and not too bad for ya) and didn't feel a thing. I was totally snacking and wondering why I didn't feel anything. Then I was like, hmmm, maybe I need to eat something substantial like I did for Breakfast. So I did, I had two turkey/cheese roll ups but was still hungry and had a kashi granola bar. Still didn't really feel like I did in the morning though. Are chip/popcorn/crunchy things slider foods?? I wouldn't have thought! Maybe i'm just not there yet as far as restriction. I ate dinner and was stuffed on teryaki chicken, broccoli and rice and was totally sliming (I think!? I just kept getting a mouthful of spit every few min that I had to spit out) so I figured I ate too much and it wasn't that much, prob not even half what I might have eaten before so I was like, ok good! LOL. Am I even making sense here??

I have a lot to learn! What do you eat for breakfast? I had mini wheats the past two mornings around 715-730, followed by hot coffee over the next hour or so and am hungry by 10. The kashi granola bars seem to go right through, which bums me out, I was hoping they would be a lunch by themselves. I haven't tried bready things since my last fill on sat cause i'm scared. Oh and I can't do the Protein Shakes before school *whispers* they give me gas.

Caryn, I don't really like eggs that much but I have 1/4 c scrambled egg beaters and one Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty for Breakfast. I cook 4 patties in a non stick skillet to get them browned and reheat one a day till they are gone then do it again. When I want one I nuke it and it takes me less than 3 minutes to fix it since the sausages are already cooked. I put some 2% shredded cheddar in the eggs so I can tolerate them. The reason I like this breakfast is because it stays with me for hours and is 170 calories and 20 grams of Protein. The bar and mini wheats are both carbs and go thru you quickly. That's why you get hungry faster.

We are supposed to eat our protein first and then round out our meals with vegetables and carbs. My Dr wants me to eat at least 70 grams of protein a day. Protein stays with you the longest and you won't get as hungry. It's hard to get in that much some days but maybe you could take some deli meat, nuts and Greek yogurt with you for lunch. Apples, dry roasted almonds and one of the little mini Babel cheese rounds are good together. Lots of protein. tuna fish has lots of good protein too. You can make it ahead also.

Thanks goodness Halloween is over. My hubby and I stayed home. We usually go to the Fall Festival at church but I did not want the temptation of all that food I could not eat. I didn't buy any candy and turned off all the lights and pretended we were not home. Isn't that terrible? I am one really bad grandmother and neighbor. Everybody throw all that extra candy out or give it to your kids. Tell them to hide it from you. I remember hunting down my kids pumpkins when they were at school. I know none of you have done that have you? It called to me all day long so I understand where you all are coming from.

Hang in there Stronagnoff. You can last another week. Only weigh in the mornings. If you weigh in the afternoon you have all you have had to eat and drink all day in there and you will weigh more. Nor a correct weight and it can be discouraging. Drink lots of Water and don't stress.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

I am getting a much needed fill next Wednesday. I still haven't had any loss, since October 6th. I'm staying positive though. I did lose alot fast. Looking forward to losing again. Glad I can read about everyone else. It helps me get through. Slow and steady....

I am getting a much needed fill next Wednesday. I still haven't had any loss, since October 6th. I'm staying positive though. I did lose alot fast. Looking forward to losing again. Glad I can read about everyone else. It helps me get through. Slow and steady....

We all need to remember that, slow and steady. Good positive attitude kauai. Let us know how your fill goes.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

Well, today was my 3rd fill. I figured it wasn't going to be good news, I've been on vacation the last 8 days so the diet is sorta on hold. Well the moment of truth happened, I got on the scale, BAM, lost 5 more pounds in the last 2 weeks. Down a total of 50 pounds since I started this deal. Less than 3 months to get here. I have already shrunk out of my old clothes, fortunately I saved close as I out grew them so, new wardrobe is good for probably 3 or 4 more months. As for the fill today, they added 1cc to me 5cc that were already in. I did find out what it was like to feel stuck this past week, not fun. Felt like I had an elephant stuck sitting on my chest. Took what seemed like an hour, but was only a minute or two. So, I am a little apprehensive about how this will be for the next month. My secret for everyone, follow the doctor's advice, Protein, veggies, then carbs. DON"T snack between meals. I have followed those to a tea and it is paying off. My other eating mantra, if it didn't grow that way, DON'T eat it, whole foods are so much better for you than processed. Also, I have quit all soda, diet and regular. That stuff is just bad news all the way around.

Good luck to all you fellow A11s, you can do it!

Well, today was my 3rd fill. I figured it wasn't going to be good news, I've been on vacation the last 8 days so the diet is sorta on hold. Well the moment of truth happened, I got on the scale, BAM, lost 5 more pounds in the last 2 weeks. Down a total of 50 pounds since I started this deal. Less than 3 months to get here. I have already shrunk out of my old clothes, fortunately I saved close as I out grew them so, new wardrobe is good for probably 3 or 4 more months. As for the fill today, they added 1cc to me 5cc that were already in. I did find out what it was like to feel stuck this past week, not fun. Felt like I had an elephant stuck sitting on my chest. Took what seemed like an hour, but was only a minute or two. So, I am a little apprehensive about how this will be for the next month. My secret for everyone, follow the doctor's advice, Protein, veggies, then carbs. DON"T snack between meals. I have followed those to a tea and it is paying off. My other eating mantra, if it didn't grow that way, DON'T eat it, whole foods are so much better for you than processed. Also, I have quit all soda, diet and regular. That stuff is just bad news all the way around.

Good luck to all you fellow A11s, you can do it!

Wow, you are doing an awesome job! Congratulations. Of course you know all of the girls hate you, but we are cheering for you anyway. LOL Keep up the good work and I like your mantra. Sounds good to me too. Keep us posted on your fill and how it goes.

We can do it!

Blessings,

GG