Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As the weeks past I find myself weighing more and more. I used to read people post about weighing themselves a lot and remember saying that they are crazy why would they do that. Well I apologize to you all, because it is becoming addictive for me. I am not weighing everyday, but it is increasing from the 1x a week that was my original plan. And like most have said when it reflects a loss I'm super excited, but a gain ruins my entire day. I do only record my weigh on Thursday.

Its funny, when I first got banded, I recorded everyday and it was always a pound less each day...now within the past month it goes from 180 to 178, always changing. I have just got to get my fat butt up and excercise! But ugh, I hate it. I know once I get into a routine it will come nature because I have done it before....Oh well enough complaining. How has your weight loss been? Still sportin the mufin top cause I AM! haha I cant wait for the day when I get that sucker cut off and thrown in the trash? :P

Bummer that it hurt this time. Maybe next time you can ask, or insist, the Dr to do a lidocaine shot. Mine does that and I can't feel it at all. If he will then you might not have to change Dr's. I think most of them don't like to take patients that have already had surgery somewhere else, at least it's that way it is around here.

Quit weighting every day, it will drive you crazy. I know cause I do it too! LOL I understand completly beause I love it when I have lost but then it bums me out when I have not lost or have gained and sometimes can ruin my day. I need to get my hubby to hide my scales. As women we do fluctuate up and down daily and need to remember that as we climb on the scales every day. Try to not let it bother you and don't record it but once a week if you can.

Keep up the good work and next year at this time we can all laugh at all the newbies that are so stressed out like we are now in Bander Hell.

Blessings,

GG

Well its not just the fill issue. His whole office is just unprofessional. Never returning calls, the doctor actually answering his cell during my appointment (??!?!?!), not being very informative with anything. When I went for my fill yesterday, they didnt even weigh me. (Thought that was weird.)

I do try to tell myself that my weight will flucuate because of Water or bloating, but nevertheless, still irritating. I just gotta get that exercise in. One of these days I will stop just saying it and DO IT! :P I have a perfectly wonderful eliptical that I threw a fit about having one year for my birthday, and an ipod full of good workout songs....One day, one day. I have noticed today that something that would have given me no problem before yesterday is now feeling like I'm being punched in the chest! Its definetly putting me in check. I havent eaten alot today, some Soup, some greek yogurt, a string cheese, couple bites of leftover chicken. I still nurse my 11 month old son so I want to make sure I get enough calories to keep producing, just need to keep working on my Water intake-some days are better than others.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I dont always post on here lately, but do get everyone elses and love seeing how everyone is getting along. To those who have lost 20+lbs...YEA!!! Congrats and cant wait to meet ya there!

You are being way too hard on yourself. Could you tell me what kind of words of advice you would give ME if I told you that I had a Protein Shake and half a tuna sandwich and felt like I was failing miserably? I bet your words would be kind. You need to learn to be as kind to yourself as you are to others. Even the walnuts are not that bad. You are learning! If you are taking in new knowledge and adjusting your lifestyle how can that be failure? Obviously you have not hit the "sweet spot" yet but it is coming. Soon enough you will look back on this and laugh.........if you can even remember it! I am proud of you even if you are not.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you! Your post made me cry!

Its funny, when I first got banded, I recorded everyday and it was always a pound less each day...now within the past month it goes from 180 to 178, always changing. I have just got to get my fat butt up and excercise! But ugh, I hate it. I know once I get into a routine it will come nature because I have done it before....Oh well enough complaining. How has your weight loss been? Still sportin the mufin top cause I AM! haha I cant wait for the day when I get that sucker cut off and thrown in the trash? :P

I know exercising at times is a challenge for me, I just have no energy most of the time. My weigh loss is slow. The scale is slowly moving, but I just want to see a difference in my appearance and the way my close fit. And omg the muffin top in definately in full effect, seems I will be wearing my Spanx for a while.

I know exercising at times is a challenge for me, I just have no energy most of the time. My weigh loss is slow. The scale is slowly moving, but I just want to see a difference in my appearance and the way my close fit. And omg the muffin top in definately in full effect, seems I will be wearing my Spanx for a while.

I agree, you are really being too hard on yourself. You have lost a lot of weight already. Congratulations! Just hang in there and keep up what you are doing. The lap band is a tool and we are all still newbies and it will take a while until we get the hang of this new lifestyle. You said you are loosing, just slowly. That's good. All of my life I have heard that if you loose slowly it's better for your health and you are less likely to gain it back. If you will try to exercise it might go faster. I have never, ever been a person to exercise and I am doing my 25 minutes of walking a day now inside my house. The funny thing is I am now wearing clothes I bought last year when I weighed 10 lbs more and they're getting loose. I do sleep better and the inches are coming off and my energy level is better too.

Blessings,

GG

I got my first fill today. I didn't feel anything when he did it. Took just a few minutes. I've lost about 37 lbs and my BMI went down from 53 when I first looked into this, to 48 now. Dr was pleased. He said he didn't put much in and would see me in 2 weeks. I went home and had a Greek yogurt and a little canned chili and I was SO full. That hadn't happened before. Same after dinner. I'm stuffed. He said I could eat regular food, no need to go to liquids or mushies, but wow, this is unexpected. I'm happy though. I have a feeling the next fill will make quite a difference. I'm feeling great. Ths morning 2 lbs just fell off. I think now that the healing is over its staring to work. :-)

That's great that you're feeling it work! And congratulations on getting your BMI down so much in such a short time! You must be feeling the difference!

Yes, my pants are getting pretty baggy, shirts not so much. I think I've lst one size in my waist and maybe half a size for shirts.

I got my first fill today. I didn't feel anything when he did it. Took just a few minutes. I've lost about 37 lbs and my BMI went down from 53 when I first looked into this, to 48 now. Dr was pleased. He said he didn't put much in and would see me in 2 weeks. I went home and had a Greek yogurt and a little canned chili and I was SO full. That hadn't happened before. Same after dinner. I'm stuffed. He said I could eat regular food, no need to go to liquids or mushies, but wow, this is unexpected. I'm happy though. I have a feeling the next fill will make quite a difference. I'm feeling great. Ths morning 2 lbs just fell off. I think now that the healing is over its staring to work. :-)

Glad the fill went so smoothly. I had one Tues and can tell a difference in my hunger. Yeah lapbands! You're still doing a fantastic job. I wish 2 lbs would fall off of me!

Blessings,

GG

I can tell I'm less hungry and food is satisfying me longer, but I can still eat anything and don't have to eat as small of bites as I should.

And of course there's a church pot luck tomorrow. Oh, the choices. I must be good.

So, I went in for my first fill yesterday, and my doctor wouldn't do it. I had lost 20 pounds this month, so he said he didn't want to change anything and would see me in four weeks. This makes me very nervous. I am not feeling full, and I don't want to "waste a month."

Anyone had similar experiences?

And of course there's a church pot luck tomorrow. Oh, the choices. I must be good.

Hope you did well today at the social. We had a Sunday School Mexican potluck last night and I was pretty good. Saved a lot of calories all day so I don't think I went over 1100. It's hard to do at things like that. Did anyone notice your weight loss?

Blessings,

GG

;)

So, I went in for my first fill yesterday, and my doctor wouldn't do it. I had lost 20 pounds this month, so he said he didn't want to change anything and would see me in four weeks. This makes me very nervous. I am not feeling full, and I don't want to "waste a month."

Anyone had similar experiences?

20 lbs in a month is amazing. Congratulations, you're doing great. My Dr asked me if I was still feeling hungry and since I was he did my 2nd fill. He says as long as I am loosing 1-2 lbs a week that's good. I am much older so it will be slower for me I guess. Are you feeling hungry? I think you are doing everything right and not wasting a month. I'd love to get to 20 lbs soon. Everyone is different and I think it depends on age, how much you have to loose and exercise.

Blessings,

GG