Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll try anything to keep me from eating!

Hi Michelle, Have you tried self hypnotism? We have a very good man called Paul McKenna here in England, on TV. He teaches the art of it and sems to have some success with helping people. It can be done by listening to tapes and at least when you are relaxing and listening to the tapes you wouldn't be eating! He advises that you should always eat thoughtfully and slowly, no reading or watching TV at the same time. When you get real cravings for something that is not too good for you, try to imagine it as something really horrible( maybe consult the messages about that anti- fat drug thread that is running at the moment!) that might help to take your craving away. You are a very attractive young woman. I wish you all the best, Anne

Michele, you are so beautiful!! Your eyes are gorgeous. Such an inspiration. I got out my before pics last night. THey were from the week before my wedding. I couldn't believe my husband married me last night as I sat and looked at them. I still can't tell where I have lost weight because I didn't feel that big when I was that big, now that I have lost weight I feel HUGE!!! So I've gotten my pics out also and can't get them out of my mind. I have them on the fridge now and on my bedside table, I will not forget and I will never get there again. Once I hit below 200 I will never see 200 pounds again, no matter what it takes. Thanks for the idea!!! You can so do this!! Keep your head strong!

You *can* do this Michelle! You've come so far and you look soooooo fantastic!

The picture thing is a really good idea. I think I might do that too - thanks!

Note: apologies for the overuse of exclaimation points in this post lol.

Stick with the hoodia, Sis. And if it doesnt work, get a script for something that does work.

You are on a battlefield and you need weapons to fight... thank God for Diet pills!!! :)

Oh and I went to Walmart earlier and I saw something in the diet stuff section that had hoodia in it. It was in a big red box - right by the metobolife... cant remember the name.

I don't know if you can do this, or are even willing, but what I have done during this time is take over a wall in our master bathroom. No guests go in there, and my DH knows what is going on. I put a large desk calender on the wall with goals and weights and measurments and such on it. The scale is there too. Every time I go to the bathroom during the day I am reminded of my weight. I have also surrounded the calender with pictures of women that I want to have similar builds and body parts like. Some naked, some clothed, depending on the body part. And in a big red pen I have circled the body parts. It looks a little creepy really, but it reminds me of what I want so badly. I also have my front and side before pics up there among all of them. So I can see how much I am different. And with drinking so much Water every day I visit that bathroom a lot! LOL

Just keep trying. Hell, put a chain around the fridge if you need to. I know my DH will do anything I asked him to in order to help my weight loss. If I asked him to, he would put a chain around the fridge and a lock on the pantry. And we have thought about that. LOL

Amy

last night I got inspiration from my 14yr old son..he saw my before pic taped ot the fridge, he came to me and said " mom I want to give you a hug" I asked why? He said Iam so proud of you.."I just saw your picture on the fridge and it scared me, I forgot how fat you used to be, you look so great and Iam so proud of you and so happy for you" "...it made me very happy that he took the time to tell me and acknowledged it, and then my DH saw the pic and thought it was a fake picture cuz he doesnt remember me ever being that heavy..Ive made it through 3 nights of no nightime eating..One night at a time is all I can do..my days are easy, its the night that kill me..thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement..it means alot to me :)

WARNING - ***hijack***

Michelle, I walked to my neighbors house about an hour ago. Shes elderly - nearly blind and deaf. I had to ask her a question.

After I asked her the question, she asked me who I was.

Her words, "You are Paula?? What happened to you... the last time I saw you - you were FAT!"

Your sons comment remindind me of this.

We are thankful for honesty, eh?

Here you go, everytime you want to eat give someone a hug...... you could get into a lot of trouble like this but at least you won't gain any weight.:boy_hug::) :hug: :youcandothis: :bananapowerslide: :sleep :bump2: :croc: :bananapartyhat:

last night I got inspiration from my 14yr old son..he saw my before pic taped ot the fridge, he came to me and said " mom I want to give you a hug" I asked why? He said Iam so proud of you.."I just saw your picture on the fridge and it scared me, I forgot how fat you used to be, you look so great and Iam so proud of you and so happy for you" "...it made me very happy that he took the time to tell me and acknowledged it, and then my DH saw the pic and thought it was a fake picture cuz he doesnt remember me ever being that heavy..Ive made it through 3 nights of no nightime eating..One night at a time is all I can do..my days are easy, its the night that kill me..thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement..it means alot to me :)

La Madam I just read this one.... I love it, you son has the right idea....I think. LOL

Out of the mouthes of babes. Wow you look great! Stay strong and encouraged. Sound like you have some great supporters in your home.

:) I'm reminded of the movie where the whole town agreed to go smokeless for some length of time. If they made it they got some great, fantastic prize. Dick Van Dyke was one of the actors in the movie. He and his DW (in the movie) solution to the problem was more quickies than you could shake a stick at....LOL I remember that after the first time, she is making up the bed, just smiiiiiiiiiiiiling. After the second time, she is just sitting on the edge of the bed. After the third time, in the same day, she doesn't even bother to get OUT of the bed. LMAO :faint: Have fun, Michelle.

:first: LaMadam...You truely look AMAZING!!!! :clap2:

I am banded and I sturggle with food EACH AND EVERY DAY. :help: To make matters worse...I work in a grocery store...one with an awesome Bakery/Deli...:hungry:

I have come to the conclusion , (it works for me most of the time) that when I see people come through my check out lane with all the fatty, fried and over processed foods, I look at those foods as though they are poision. :rip: They are doing nothing nutritionally for the people consuming them. They are addictive and slowly killing them to top it off. I have also noticed that the people who buy these foods are often tired, grumpy and forgetful. (They are often the ones who can't decide whether they want paper or plastic bags too.):Banane13:

:welldone2: I look at the people who buy truely healthy foods and I have noticed that they look the way I want to. They come across as happy, energentic and full of the ZEST for life.:bananapowerslide: :bananapartyhat: :youcandothis: I know that it may take a bit more time and effort to prepare a healthier meal and after seeing these people week after week I saw that THIS is how they get and stay that way. They are an inspiration to me.

:) you have many friends here that are here for you when you need some one to talk to. :gluck:

:bananajump: so get out there and show the world that you are the boss of your own destiny!!! You have the controll it takes to win this deadly battle!!!:whoo: You can do it!!

Much Love, Tina:Banane40:

Wow, you're gorgeous!! Maybe take up some night-time activities? Ballroom dancing has always sounded fun to me. :bananajump: Just make sure they don't have refreshments with the class, lol!

Good luck! You can do it!! (And you're an inspiration to all of us!)

You look so beautiful! Keep up the good fight, I'm pulling for you! You CAN do this. I only wish I had been half as determined as you! :clap2: