Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fellow Banders,

This evening I encountered my first challenges. I attended a meeting being held in an Italian restaurant. I arrived and sat at the table. I asked for Water to sip on. Before I left the house, I packed a 6 oz container light and lively low-fat yogurt, Protein Shake and water. I had long travel time on bus then subway. The yogurt fills me up after two teaspoons. The rest of the board arrived and the waiter started taking orders. I looked through the menu looking for something that I could eat. Unfortunately nothing qualified. I asked for Soup. He said, minestrone, spnach soup and tortellini in chicken broth. I said broth minus the tortellini. He brings me soup with tortellini. I just had the broth minus the tortellin. I left a bowl of tortellini. Everyone ordered delicious dishes but it did not bother me. I am so committed to this diet and weight loss that I don't care if an entire turkey with trimmings is set down on table. I made myself a promise that I would stick to this regimen for six weeks and then continue watching what goes in my mouth. It has certainly changed me. I left the restaurant and was still full from my small bowl of broth. I had the rest of my Protein shake to sip on my long ride home.

It is all about willpower and walking away from temptation or ignoring it. I feel great since having the band put in. I am on a mission. I don't want to look back or be at the weight I was. My ankles were swelling up; always tired and wanting to nap. Now I am full of newfound energy. I stopped napping during the day. I go out walking until I am clear to return to the gym. I feel wonderful. Finally, it feels great to have people notice your loss.

Fellow banders, hang in there. Be strong and brave.

Lydia

You Rock!!!party.gif

What wonderful willpower! Italian is my favorite and I dont know if I could have been as strong as you. You commitment and dedication are paying off! Way to go!

You did great! I too used to nap, almost everyday. Now it's just once in a while. Keep up the good work!

I loved reading your story! Truly an inspriation ... I'm sure I'll be thinking about it next time I am tempted!

Good for you! It's a great feeling, isn't it!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Yes, it is a great feeling. It is great to have control over oneself. I am sure there will be many more challenges in the next upcoming weeks but I am ready for them. I don't ever want to see the numbers on the scale as high as they were. We can all do this ladies. It is being strong-willed and saying "No" to temptations by food or by friends or even loved ones who may taunt or tempt you; it is merely a test.

Thank god I have great support system from my family. Mom was with me the first few days after I came home from hospital and she did not want to eat in front of me. I said, No way mom. You go ahead and cook something good for you. I will just enjoy the aromas. It did not bother me. I told her, eat the nice steak in the freezer since it will be a while before I can have any. It is all mind over body.

Once I transition over to maintenance, I have already made myself a promise to follow a health eating regimen. I teach nursing and have a crazy lecture schedule, so I know that going forward this fall, I need to pack my meals so I have can eat without skipping meals and eating "junk" full of empty fat calories. A year from now I want to look back and say "I am glad it was worth it."

So, my journey of a "thousand miles" continues forever.

Have a great day.

Lydia

Ok, maybe its just me but I am so not there yet! I NEVER use to nap B4 I had this band, but now, it seems all I do is NAP! Discussed this with my Dr at follow up appointment yesterday and she says that since I am not quite meeting my daily Fluid or Protein needs, and that I did just have surgery, my body does not have the reserve. I can't WAIT to have all this evergy or actually to just return to my preband energy level! I was very active pre band and never a napper and always on the go. Well perhaps I will feel more energetic after I get to Post op week 2! Good Luck Fellow Bandsters! Going to venture to the grocery store and wak around a lil!

Give your body a break. Napping isn't a bad thing - you are doing your body a favor. It took me around 3 weeks to get back to my usual self. I'm at 1 month post op today and feel completely better. I'm sure you'll be back to your usual self, probably even more energetic, in a few weeks. In the meantime, enjoy the naps. ;-)

This is a wonderful thread. I love to read success stories, and a success story can be a success story even for a new bander, I think. I hope your determination is inspiring to others who are at the same stage as you. Best of luck, and good job!!

Thank you. Today I have a Block Party/BBQ to attend. My bag is packed with Protein shakes, clear homemade broth, Water, crystal light to help me get through the day.

First postop visit went well.

Down 24 lb plus ten before surgery for a total of 34.

Have a good day all.

It is a feeling of power of food instead of food over oneself.

The best feeling ever is the feeling of walking away from a food, knowing that you don't WANT it!

Finally at home.

I made it through the Block Party/BBQ. There was all sorts of food, sweets and alcohol. I sat through it with no problem.

I had my Protein shake I sipped on. My gf made me crystal light and Jello. I am just having a small cup of broth.

Today, we had out of town guests and they wanted to go to my fav. Mexican restraurant, which on Sundays is champagne buffet. All night, I was thinking about no going due to the temptation , my hubby I should go because it was my family (they don't know about band surgery), so, I went. I had a bowl of Soup 170 cals. And had fresh shrimp and fresh guacomole 6 chips and I was sooo satisfied. I ate slow and purposely got up between bites, to get my daughters food and bathroom breaks they are young and restless...i was very proud of myself and absolutely do not feel bad. This is sooo big for me, before lapband banded, I would of took 3 trips to the buffet with full plates. I am feeling good and ppl are noticing my wt. Lost.

Congratulations. You did well. It is all mind over body and mouth. I have been surrounded by food in the last week esp at the BBQ last night but I sat there sipping on Protein chocolate shake, or Water or crystal light. Everyone was stuffing their face. I was asked why I was not eating, I simply, smiled and said, "I am a strict weight loss regimen. I am doing great and do no wish to ruin it."

Today, we had out of town guests and they wanted to go to my fav. Mexican restraurant, which on Sundays is champagne buffet. All night, I was thinking about no going due to the temptation , my hubby I should go because it was my family (they don't know about band surgery), so, I went. I had a bowl of Soup 170 cals. And had fresh shrimp and fresh guacomole 6 chips and I was sooo satisfied. I ate slow and purposely got up between bites, to get my daughters food and bathroom breaks they are young and restless...i was very proud of myself and absolutely do not feel bad. This is sooo big for me, before lapband banded, I would of took 3 trips to the buffet with full plates. I am feeling good and ppl are noticing my wt. Lost.