Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about cals

So....i've been curious. What is a normal calorie range for a bandee? I'm 5wks out and eat roughly 1200 to 1300 cals. But i'm not sure qhat the correct range is. I was doing about 800 on liquids but more on solids now. What is normal?

that sounds pretty 'normal.' people vary greatly. for the first 6 months after surgery, i ate about 650 a day. i've really tried to up it, and now most days i average about 850-900. there are a lot of people who stay in the 1000-1200 cal range too. you just have to figure out what works for your boday. the only advice i ever got from my nutritionist was no more than 1200. i can live with that...most days :)

So....i've been curious. What is a normal calorie range for a bandee? I'm 5wks out and eat roughly 1200 to 1300 cals. But i'm not sure qhat the correct range is. I was doing about 800 on liquids but more on solids now. What is normal?

It really depends on your body and lifestyle. I have a desk job and do minimal exercise (daily 1 mile walking is it so far)

To obtain at least a 2 lbs loss every week I need to stay at 1000. My NUT said thats perfectly healthly for me.

The first few months I averaged about 800 calories which was a little low but wrked for me until I got to my green zone.

I eat healthy with just one rule 4 oz each meal ,I never count calories anymore

Everyone's metabolism is different. While 800-1200 is the range most of us are giving by our nutritionists, that might not work for you. It didn't work for me. I wasn't losing and after discussing with my dr and doing a metabolism test, the target number for me was 1400. That's how many calories it takes for my body to shed pounds. Hope you find your number!

Use an online website to see how many calories you need per day. I use myfitnesspal.com and my target is 1,400. Although I really try to stay between 1200 to no more than 1300. My nutritionist said nothing under 1200 for me. But everyone is so different!

I use myfitnesspal app on my phone and it has been a life saver. Thanks for all the feed back guys. It is starting to sink in that i will have to track, weigh, and measure everything!

It stinks at first to keep track but I promise it becomes a habit! I think I would go into withdrawls if I didn't track everything! Good luck.

As a teacher, so an on my feet job, a mum of three, so coming home from work and on my feet for another couple of hours running round doing stuff, spending my weekends at kids sport, a dedicated runner (five times a week, 4 to 6 miles), attending body pump a couple of times a week AND finding time for a nice long weekend 6 mile walk with hubby finished with a nice coffee somewhere, and being five foot ten tall, I lost absolutely easily on 1500 to 1800 calories a day. I never needed to go anywhere near 1000 to 1200. We are absolutely all different and you need to find what suits you and your activity levels. The range is going to be somewhere between 1000 and 1500 most probably for the average build, averagely active woman.

Well, i have a desk job and live in az, so very hot right now. I dont get out much. Lol. Thinking of ways to work out indoors, but im not much of a fan. But... Ill figure it out. Thanks for the posts!