Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are your fills done under Fluoroscopy, or Standard way?

I want to see how many of you are being Filled under Fluoroscopy, and your 2 cents please. vs.

How many are still doing it the Standard way, and your 2 cents please,

Standard here. I can also get fills every 2 weeks. Works fine for me!

Standard. I honestly don't see the point of doing it under fluoroscopy. If the doctor is experienced he shouldn't need it. I also don't see the point of numbing the area either. Give a shot so you don't feel the next shot? Really???

Standard. I honestly don't see the point of doing it under fluoroscopy. If the doctor is experienced he shouldn't need it. I also don't see the point of numbing the area either. Give a shot so you don't feel the next shot? Really???

Who gives a shot so you don't feel the stick? That's kind of DUMB !

I know mine just sticks into the belly fat, no pain involved in that.

Standard. And...I agree with Cindy about the shots.

I've only had one tiny fill, but it was the standard way, no fluoro. When I read early on about some docs using lidocaine, I said to myself I'm gonna tell my doc just do the fill, no need to numb it. My doc doesn't numb it. Why would you want to be stuck twice when I didn't even feel the fill needle. And it from what I saw it looked like a 20 gauge needle which is decently big and I still didn't feel it. But I stab myself with needles regularly at work (accidently) so I'm kinda used to ot

Standard- just me, the doc, a needle and a cup of Water

When I was researching docs, I went to five. Out of the five: 1 used ultrasound, 2 used nothing and 2 used fluro. I haven't gotten my first one yet, but my doc said she'll use fluro, lidocaine, etc if I want, but she really doesn't need any of them. I liked that she was flexible and that it was basically my decision.

Amy

I want to see how many of you are being Filled under Fluoroscopy, and your 2 cents please. vs.

How many are still doing it the Standard way, and your 2 cents please,

I've had 3 fills all done under fluro. My doc numbs the area and the needle is under compressed air so it's so fast i just really hear air and feel a small prick. I have no idea what it feels like to have it without it being numb. Even though the a is numb I still cant bring myself to look at the large needle sticking out of my stomach. I like the fluro that way the doc can see exactly what's going on with the Fluid I swalllow and not just going on what i say i feel or just a standard 2cc's or whatever. I like mine. . Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:

If you need Fluro. ,it's available for you.

Other then that it's a needle in the port, and you get your fill.

Always Water available......

I like the thought that if you ever have something really feeling wrong with you, that he will do a barium swallow, and fluoroscope to see what's going on.

My other surgeon went on GUT instinct,,,,, and he was WRONG !

So now that I know something like this is available to me, It's comforting.

Just the standard for me. It is pretty simple and just a little stick, then Water. They did say next time they are going to x-ray me. My next fill is number 4 for me.

Thanks for commenting on this subject,. I see the majority of the fills are done Traditionally.

But some offer it as, up to you. So at least it's available if you want it. (I THINK THAT'S A GOOD IDEA,)

Because were all different.