Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont want to work out! :(

I was banded in April, and my weight loss has beel slow and steady, and Im ok with that, as long as the scale goes down, not up, every ounce is a celebration here, but a few weeks ago i decided to up the pace a little and started working out, and I have loved it, and its made a huge difference. Until this past couple of days. I didnt want to work out yesterday but I made myself, and usually I feel great afterwords, but yesterday I didnt. I was sore, but in a bad way, like sore joints, and the sweaty clothes made me feel itchy and gross, and the shower was too hot afterwords. It just felt awful. I turned on my video that I love, and before I even hit the 5 min mark, I turned it back off. I want to sit on my rear and be pitiful. I am gonna attempt to MAKE myself go for a long walk tonight without my kiddos, and hopefully that will put an end to my slump. Any one else have any great ideas?

I know how you feel!! Been there -- done that!!

I ended up putting out some extra cash and joined a karate school that had some kickboxing classes -- if I didn't make it to class the instructor/owner CALLED me and asked why I didn't go to class that day.

He does it because he wants people to succeeed -- AND because it is HIS business, not just a job.

So it has worked out well both ways -- I have continued with karate and kickboxing - and he has gotten a few new students from it.

Others have hired "trainers" or have a workout "buddy" -- and they work for some --

I am letting you know what worked for me -- GOOD LUCK!!!

Stick with it -- as long as you continue with EXERCISE (not the leisure walks) you will be on the right pathway!!!

I really love to exercise, and part of it is that I do things that I think are fun so it doesn't seem like a chore. Do you like to dance? Work in the yard? Hike? Swim? Those things are fun, and they are exercise too!

Cuz to be honest, although I love to exercise, I DO NOT like to do it at the gym. I get really bored sitting with a bunch of other sweaty people on machines and weights.

So, to get my weightlifting in, I do it with a set of weights at home while I'm watching a movie, or I run up and down the steps in front of my house with the weights, I lift weights and do stretches in the park or somewhere else outside.

Also, I watch a bunch of different exercise videos so I can vary what I'm doing and not get tired of it.

I run every morning, and if I get tired of the route, I change it up for some new scenery.

Another thing I've noticed that really helps is to exercise with a friend! My neighbor went down the trail with me this morning, and it was WAY fun! Made it so much more interesting.

Hope this helped! Good luck, and congrats on your success so far :)

Sonetimes u need a day off... I skipped boot camp yest b/c I was so sore & tired after working all night. Plus I knew I had to come back & work all night again... but when I get off this morning boot camp here I come! Looks like I'll have to hit the gym this weekend to make up for my slacker day.

Listen to your body. If it tells you "Hey, I need a day off or at least something lower key" have compassion on it and do what it tells you.

Sometimes I need something like Yoga.. and other times I need Step Aerobics and sometimes i just need a complete day of rest.

Just don't let the day (or sometimes even 2 days) turn into a week. :)

You may just need to take an "off" day. When I overdo it, it makes me not want to continue. Space out your workouts until you get stonger and more fit. I find it helps for me.

Working out will make you lose more lbs quicker. Atleast in most people. Also, Idk about you but I feel great after my workouts. Does it give your more energy? and motivation? It's sad because when I dont go to the gym I feel blah and gross. lol I think im addicted now! But its a good thing because less saggy skin on this body baby!

Working out is a good thing! dont look at it negative :)

Have you taken any classes? or dvds at home? Those are usually fun! Try different types of workouts so you dont get bored.

Good Luck!

I have a few back up easy plans for days when I feel like this - everyone does occasionally, even those of us who are dedicated exercises.

First and foremost though, you do have to realise when you really ARE just very tired, run down etc and could do with a day off. I've had trouble accepting this since having chemo, I ran right throughout my cancer treatment, surgery and all, even with an ileostomy bag, but after six months of chemo, I have still lost fitness and have to accept that I cant run 10k five days in a row like I could six months ago. My joints hurt, I get more tired etc.

So, on those days when I really just dont want to run, I might just walk. Or I get on my treadmill and just walk (which is a significantly easier exercise than outdoor running). I put on a bit of an incline and pump some handweights and watch a bit of TV. On really lazy days I allow myself to hang onto the handrails! Or I go to Water aerobics, no bouncing, jumping, no impact. Both of those activities are easy enough at my level of fitness than on an ordinary energy day I would feel very guilty that that's all I'd done. See if you can think of a few things that are exercise but much easier than your normal level of exertion - if you're not an insane runner like I am, even housework might fit the bill, or walking round the shops for an hour or two, a stroll on the beach, whatever.

And do recognise when you really DO need a day off. We all need rest and recovery.