Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow, you're brave to eat out so soon post op! I'm still being a weenie - I won't talk to anyone, watch TV or do anything while eating. I just feel like I don't know when my belly is hungry, full or irritated. I'm not sure I could take the temptation of chips and salsa right now. Brave soul!

Hey guys...I'm not sure how I'm doing with all this. I've gone through some emotional stuff...Like I hope i haven't made a mistake...why can't i be naturally skinny...what if i have band complications. I guess the reality of it all is setting in.

I Had my surgyer 7/1 (Friday) and went back to work on Tuesday. That was tooooo soon. I only lasted 1/2 day and then all day wed and thursday. But by Friday...I crashed. I stayed in bed most of the day..called in sick to work.

I think the problem was my pain meds...i stopped taking them all together.

I am feeling better now..the world is clearer and I'm not having such a hard time getting up in the morning. My gas pain in my shoulder is almost totally gone...and i had a normal BM yesterday. Finally!

I am taking it easy this whole weekend though because I need to make it through the work week.

Mushies is going fine...I guess. I hope I'm not being too agressive with it.

I went out to a mexican restaurant last night...and really really really miss the beer. I had some iced tea with splenda.....a mushy chile relleno....and some refried Beans with sour cream. It did the trick. It is really important to me that I can have the band and be a normal person at restaurants and stuff....so I think that will be fine.

Onward...and Downward!! Have lost 15 lbs since my pre-op appt at the surgeon.

oh. my. goodness! I had a "good" day yesterday with more energy and able to eat a bit more (still haven't exceeded 1/2 cup). I had a good night's sleep but woke up with my energy totally sapped again. I mean - can't think, focus, etc. Frustrating!! I live in AZ so it is hot - I decided to go to Walmart early (well, 9AM is early for me these days).

I was walking down an aisle and suddenly I got "that' feeling. You know, the, "I need a bathroom NOW." Sheer PANIC. I must have had a dear in headlights look on my face as I tried to figure out how I was going to get to the bathroom which was on the opposite side of the store. I took a few steps, deep breath...acted like I was looking at a product.....a few more steps...picked up something else....until finally I was doing lamaze breathing to get to the door. I made it. Thank you GOD. I was all sweaty and lightheaded so I had to checkout and leave right after that. But DANG....the potential for a very embarrassing moment was definitely there. Whew!!!! Lesson learned, make sure the morning bathroom trip is done before going out. I seem to be okay during the daytime, but wow.....not taking a morning trip out for a LONG time. I'm scarred!!

DH took me to movie theater yesterday. Glad I took a painkiller before seeing Transformers 3. I've managed 30g of Protein today. Ate mushy Breakfast and lunch. Gotten in some Water but it really is a challenge to get in even half of what they tell you to drink.

If anyone would like to be my "friend" on myfitnesspal.com, my user ID is lifeisjustbeginning2011. I'm still figuring things out, but there is a way where I can share my weight and my daily menus with you guys if you'd like to see. It is free - it syncs online with my iPhone. Way cool.

No Pasta Lasagna

Oh yum! I just had to share my first "cooking" experience since getting the band. I'm on day 3 of mushies. First, I have few cooking skills. I've lived on fast food and frozen dinners for much of my life. This was my masterpiece for one:

-canned Tomato sauce (plain kind, I added garlic and basil to the sauce

-2 Tablespoons tomato sauce (with whatever spices you like...I used garlic and basil)

-1 Tablespoon of low fat ricotta cheese

-1 teaspoon of skim milk

-1/2 teaspoon low fat parm cheese sprinkles

1 teaspoon ground turkey sausage crumbles (Jimmy Dean, precooked)

-1 glass 1 Cup custard cup

-1/2 low fat string mozzarella cheese, pulled apart

First I mixed the milk, parm and ricotta with a fork. I covered the bottom with sauce, then layered the cheese and sauce. The sausage crumbled were precooked, so I just took a teaspoon and ground it up further in my Magic Bullet. The sausage went on top, then the string cheese. Since it was in a glass custard cup, I could put it in the oven. 375 for about 8 minutes. Oh yum. Totally simple, but really hit the spot.

Because I used my own homemade tomato sauce, there were no lumps. The string cheese didn't melt particularly well on top, but I stirred this altogether and it was great. I didn't have to chew a whole bunch (I'm still pretty tired and lazy) and the yield was 1/2 cup, which was perfect. I used just a touch of sausage because I hadn't had any meat up to this point and really just wanted some flavoring. It was enough to really fool my mouth into thinking it was really lasagna!! YUMMMM. The was really my *first* real food and my *first* meat, even though it was only a teaspoon. LOL.

forgot to mention that I posted a picture of my culinary masterpiece on my blog. :D

This is my first post coming from Bandland! I was banded on July 6th. I'm so happy to see that the July bandees are continuing on. I hope everyone that was just banded or is left to be banded has a smooth and easy surgery and recovery!!

My surgery went picture perfect. I had my surgery at Winthrop Hospital in NY. The staff were incredible and I think my surgeon is sent from heaven! My stomach and abdomen did start to feel sore until mid-end of day 2. The anesthesia however, made me feel like I was hit by a Mack truck! Days 4 and 5 have been so, so much better... each day gets much better! I'm happy about that. Just the port incision is sore but I know that that is expected.

Hope everyone is well and I'm happy to rejoin my July-banded family :)

Yay! Glad to hear you're doing well. You made it through the first few days and you're right...it gets better each day. :)

This is my first post coming from Bandland! I was banded on July 6th. I'm so happy to see that the July bandees are continuing on. I hope everyone that was just banded or is left to be banded has a smooth and easy surgery and recovery!!

My surgery went picture perfect. I had my surgery at Winthrop Hospital in NY. The staff were incredible and I think my surgeon is sent from heaven! My stomach and abdomen did start to feel sore until mid-end of day 2. The anesthesia however, made me feel like I was hit by a Mack truck! Days 4 and 5 have been so, so much better... each day gets much better! I'm happy about that. Just the port incision is sore but I know that that is expected.

I'm debating whether I should return to work tomorrow. I feel much better and cannot wait to show off my smaller body! At 172.2, and lost 1 inch off waist, 2 inches off hips, and a little over 1 off bust! Yea!

Hey, I read a blog today where I learned someone is naming their band. I name everything but didn't think of this one. Who has named their band?

I decided to name mine today. His name is SAL. It stands for Saving Amy's Life. :)

I'm debating whether I should return to work tomorrow. I feel much better and cannot wait to show off my smaller body! At 172.2, and lost 1 inch off waist, 2 inches off hips, and a little over 1 off bust! Yea!

Hey, I read a blog today where I learned someone is naming their band. I name everything but didn't think of this one. Who has named their band?

I'm not naming it, exactly, but I think I might start referring to it as "My Preciousss," ala Gollum. . . ;)

Congrats!! You are well on your way to feeling back to normal!! Have a great week! :)

LMAO I am so highly amused by the name you gave your bands! You guys are awesome :)

I was banded 07/07/11. Everything went smooth. I just started full liquids today and can't wait to get to mushies. How much full liquids areas supposed to drink during the day. I have been looking through everything but cant seem to find this answer.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm not posting as much on here, I've been on my blog more. 1/4 of the steri strip sites have come off, so last night I saw my first uncovered incision. Not too bad. I also ate 1 oz of chicken today! It was pureed in my Magic Bullet and mixed into my faux lasagna! Woohoo! I mixed a scoop of unflavored Protein Powder in and I feel like I've eaten a giant Thanksgiving dinner. Whoa! Still working on Fluid intake, though...

Amy