Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So im addicted to Lapband

Hello everyone! My name is Heather. im 32 years old and have struggled with my weight my entire life. I can lose weight but never seem to keep it off. After much thought and years wasted ive decicded to get Lapband. Currently waiting to see if my insurance even covers it or not. Iam so excited to get the ball rolling!!! I have however totally ADDICTED to researching the Lapband!! I wanna know everything twice ! ahah So ill most likely start a blog and keep up with my weight loss progress there. Its so cool to meet other people just like me ... Skinny inside ! :P

i know im thinking way far ahead but does most insurance companies cover the Tummy Tuck afterwards ? Im looking forward to that the MOST !! =)

My insurance covered my TT and breast reduction about a year and a half after being banded!

Thank you !! Thats the best news ive heard all day !! Gives me hope ! =) So i see you've been banded a while now ! Congrats on your weight loss !! How is life now with it ? Are you still happy with it ? Did you ever gain any weight back ? i hear that happens to some . Still happy you got it ?

Welcome!! I's a good thing to be addicted to the research-it means your serious and wantto be well-educated! Congrats on deciding to take this big step!!

I received a letter from my insurance company that congratulated me on decidingto have this done (they covered everything) but also letting me know they won't be covering cosmetic surgery. I think most insurance companies won't cover the tummy tucks or breasts.

Thanks! Yes, I'm still very happy I have it. My weight sometimes goes up or down 1 or 2 pounds, but I've never put any back on, so to speak. I have also heard that it happens though. Even though I've had my band for over four years, I still go to my appointments with my surgeon every six months to make sure that my band is at the right level. So far I've needed to have it adjusted yearly because some of the saline evaporates over time. I'm not always the best about exercising, but I do enjoy cooking and eating healthy.. so I think that helps me a lot.

HTH.. let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer :)

Kortni

A little more about the TT (and/or breast reduction)..

My lap band surgeon gave me a referral to a plastic surgeon for a breast reduction. After losing over 100 lbs.. the only place I didn't lose was my breasts. So, I saw the plastic surgeon and he said because of the size of my breasts, he was pretty sure the reduction would be covered.. and since I had a lot of excess skin in my tummy area and got rashes frequently underneath.. he was pretty sure that would be covered too. So, he wrote it up and submitted it to my insurance company. I found out two days later that BOTH were covered and had surgery a week later. I had the TT and reduction at the same time.. was quite painful for a few days.. but totally worth it! Definitely worth a try to get your insurance to cover it.. especially if you can find a surgeon that will help!

HTH,

Kortni

My lap band surgeon gave me a referral to a plastic surgeon for a breast reduction. After losing over 100 lbs.. the only place I didn't lose was my breasts. So, I saw the plastic surgeon and he said because of the size of my breasts, he was pretty sure the reduction would be covered.. and since I had a lot of excess skin in my tummy area and got rashes frequently underneath.. he was pretty sure that would be covered too. So, he wrote it up and submitted it to my insurance company. I found out two days later that BOTH were covered and had surgery a week later. I had the TT and reduction at the same time.. was quite painful for a few days.. but totally worth it! Definitely worth a try to get your insurance to cover it.. especially if you can find a surgeon that will help!

HTH,

Kortni

Thank you so much !!!! You would think they would all cover the TT seeing how much skin is usually left behind ! Heck I get rashes now ! Lol I wonder if anyone has gotten a TT before Lapband or simultaneously ? Probley not but a girl can dream right ? Hah !

Welcome!! I's a good thing to be addicted to the research-it means your serious and wantto be well-educated! Congrats on deciding to take this big step!!

I received a letter from my insurance company that congratulated me on decidingto have this done (they covered everything) but also letting me know they won't be covering cosmetic surgery. I think most insurance companies won't cover the tummy tucks or breasts.

Hi !! Lap band guru !!! So you should have all the answers to

my questions ! Lol I have a million but I'm on my iPhone right now ! So I see you just had surgery !!! How are you feeling ? How would you rate your pain ? Are you hungry ? I know you usually don't get any fill during the implanting of the band but I've heard some day they feel full . Maybe from the swelling ?

Thanks so much !! Sorry about the 20 q

Thanks! Yes, I'm still very happy I have it. My weight sometimes goes up or down 1 or 2 pounds, but I've never put any back on, so to speak. I have also heard that it happens though. Even though I've had my band for over four years, I still go to my appointments with my surgeon every six months to make sure that my band is at the right level. So far I've needed to have it adjusted yearly because some of the saline evaporates over time. I'm not always the best about exercising, but I do enjoy cooking and eating healthy.. so I think that helps me a lot.

HTH.. let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer :)

Kortni

Thank you !! Really cool of you to take the time to answer :) So wow yearly adjustments ! So it's the surgery over again every year ? Dam if that isn't dedacation I dont know what is ! Well I'm ready !! I've wasted far to much time being fat with a unhealty life style . I'm excited !!

Nah.. nothing like the surgery over again. An adjustment is just a fill or an unfill.. no big deal!

No problem on the answers. Just keep in mind that they are only from my experiences.. everyone has a different journey :D

Kortni

Hi !! Lap band guru !!! So you should have all the answers to

my questions ! Lol I have a million but I'm on my iPhone right now ! So I see you just had surgery !!! How are you feeling ? How would you rate your pain ? Are you hungry ? I know you usually don't get any fill during the implanting of the band but I've heard some day they feel full . Maybe from the swelling ?

Thanks so much !! Sorry about the 20 q

I feel pretty good actually! After surgery I was really sore but the morphine drip helped! Today I went to a BBQ (no food) and it wasn't too bad. It must be the stomache swelling because I feel full with the fluids I drink-more in the chest kind of full. I hear that the first month may bring hunger pangs since the band isn't filled yet-but I plan on sticking to my diet as the doctor ordered. Get the book Bandwagon if you acn. It is a great book with all the answers you could possibly need. I wish I would have gotten it sooner! Good Luck to you!!!!

HTH,

I hear TTs are painful recovery-wise, but I may need one. We'll see. I hope I can find some loophole so they cover mine!! That's great that you were able to have everything done!!

Kortni

hi skinnyinside...i was addicted to this site as well...ok i still am!!! i was banded on may 20th and am open to any questions you wanna post of PM me.

hi skinnyinside...i was addicted to this site as well...ok i still am!!! i was banded on may 20th and am open to any questions you wanna post of PM me.

Thank you so much ! Ice met so many great people already ! I'm so glad I found this site !!

I'm a newbie trying to get insured and very addicted to research too - it is rather addicting lol. But at least it shows how serious we are and we will be well informed, so that is awesome, right? Right! :D Let me know if you start a blog, I'd love to follow your journey! Best of luck to you SkinnyInside!