Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad Day - Don't read if hungry.

I want, I want , I want.... I want a custard tart, i want a meat pie, i want a donut, i want chocolate cream cake. i want fish and chips.... I want everything i cant have. What is wrong with me today. I am at 9 mls and i am hungry.(In my head at least). I am 9 months post op and this is the worst day i have had . I was reasonably strong but had a couple of spoons of nuttella tonight and a piece of home made cake. Considering i wanted to stop at every take away shop and supermarket on my half hour trip home,I didn't do too much damage.

I am frustrated because i am not having things i want and i am not seeing the result i would like. I am eating only a fraction of what i used to and mainly choose health food but i am seeing very little result for my efforts. I exercise 6 out of 7 days. I cant wait for today to be over. Tomorrow will be better.

I am sorry that you are having such a rough day. I think we all have those once in awhile. You are right, tomorrow is another day, and hopefully a much better one too! Be kind to yourself!

I've noticed that since I've been banded I have really strong cravings and hunger during PMS time. I never noticed it before because I was never NOT hungry and craving. But now it only drives me crazy right before my period.

I just try to be really vigilant about small healthy Snacks mid morning and mid afternoon, and then sticking to what I've planned for lunch and dinner. Maybe throw in an extra Protein shake. Drink lots of Water.

The cravings will pass and you'll feel really good about resisting them.

Good luck!

Mm, ok, so you never cheat, is it possible that u end up eating more of the healthy food becAuse of it? My nutritionniste says that often, when we dont have cheat foods in moderation, we end up eating less of it, because we satisfied our cravings. Could that be true for you? For me it is. Instead of having a couple pieces of chocolate bar, ive eaten 2 yougourts. Thats more calories right there, and i was still frustrated.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor about this and see what he/she says. Are you under a lot of stress or is anything happening in your life that is different (you need to ask yourself these questions). Sometimes therapy can help. I wish you continued success!

Menopause i think !

Sometimes a little bit of what you fancy does you the world of good. Why deny yourself everything you love forever. To me the band was about no longer dieting which means that I should be able to eat what I want not what my diet sheet tells me. You may want to count calories and factor the treat in. You may want to do extra exercise. You may decide that you are going to have a fun sized chocolate bar instead of a family sized chocolate bar. However you do it is up to you.

Success is about what you do 90% of the time , no one is 100% perfect.

I agree with the last poster. You need to allow yourself a treat every now and then. to me, the band is not about being on a diet my whole life. I enjoy the foods I love, but just in moderation.

I dont deny myself and i factor my "treats" into my daily calories, but yesterday i wanted to eat a whole block of chocolate a whole meat pie a whole cheese cake, and all at once. I wanted to binge.. Not something i did often even before the band. The advantage now is that even if i tried i couldn't eat that much food. I have settled down today. I really think it was hormonal. What ever it was it was horrible and i hope it doesn't happen again.