Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really worried and going to try to go to the dr tomorrow!

Ok so my last week has been up and down.... Wednesday night i got stuck on some smoked ham and threw it up.... Well Thursday i couldn't eat or drink anything at all which really worried me!! and i had a dull ache in my right side... i just figured i was swollen... well Friday i took it easy and stayed on liquids for the most part I drank milk all day and did great.. that night for supper i ate a hot dog no bun and it stayed fine! I woke up Saturday and was back to not really being able to eat or drink... now today I woke up and for Breakfast tried a sausage link... went down great then i drank some sunny d juice (i usually treat myself to that on my weekend breakfasts) then all of a sudden i cant not even keep Water down!!! When i drink anything there is a burning feeling in my right side (kind of at my breast bone) its like i can feel when the water gets to that point... but it doesn't come back up instantly like if i had took to big of bite... it will sit for 30 minutes or so fine and all of a sudden it has to come up... I'm really worried I have never had a ache in my right side or the burning feeling like this.... Has anyone else had these troubles? I already am getting a substitute for my classroom tomorrow and I'm going to see if they can work me in... but I'm worried! I'm scared they will say something about taking my band out and I have just reached 68 pounds lost! Before this week everything was GREAT!!

Hope everything goes well!! Let us know what the doc says

The smoked ham probably caused some swelling. If it persists, you might need to get some Fluid removed for a week or two and give it time to heal. I get that pain in my side, near my port site, if I over eat.

Well I have been in the emergency room all day :( I have gall stones... fun fun... So i have to meet with my lap band dr tomorrow to talk about removal of the gallbladder! Wish me luck :( Im scared they will say something bad about my band and want to to take it out! and i am not ready for that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better and that they can leave the band in while removing your gallbladder, which I bet they can. :)

Joan

Thanks! :) I'm just having trouble keeping liquids or anything down... One of the symptoms of gallstones was throwing up a lot so i am hoping my band is just VERY swollen... maybe even swollen shut... I will see tomorrow :( I believe i would be devastated if they took it out!

You are in my prayers. Sending lots of positive energy your way.

Sounds like the last few days have been rough. I had my gallbladder removed many years ago, and banded six days ago. I'll bet even if they have to remove the band until you get the gallbladder removed, they may be able to put the band back on after they have the gallbladder removed. Maybe a bump in the road for you, but I suspect everything will get resolved without too much effort. Best of luck to you. Let us know how thinks turn out for you.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Wishing you won't have to do that.. Good luck with everything and please keep us updated.

It shouldn't effect your band. The gallbladder is on the opposite side of the abdomen from the stomach. Like your band, the surgery can normally be done laparoscopically. Good luck!

I had my gall bladder out 2 1/2 months after my lap band. They used the same incisions where they could. It was no problem with the band.

I had my gall bladder out 2 1/2 months after my lap band. They used the same incisions where they could. It was no problem with the band.

Thanks!!!! I'm just worried because I cant keep anything down! I am just hoping it is a lot of swelling from the throwing up due to the gallbladder! I will see my dr today at 3:00 to find out!!! Hopefully they will unfill me!

Good luck. Sending you prayers.

My story is so not even close, but my zoloft pill got stuck one night. I tried to get it to dissolve & pass with hot coffee and every tiny sip felt like a hot poker! I talked to a coworker (I was at work) who is banded and she said she's had it happen where the irritation can last 24+ hours.

Huge hugs on the gallbladder...let us know what happens. My guess is they can unfill you, let you heal and all the while remove your gallbladder.

I agree...I'd be devastated to lose my band.