Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's official!! I'm an April Bandster!!!

So at 5:30 this morning I was on my way to Good Sam for my lap band surgery. Surprisingly I honestly had about 6 seconds of nervousness and then was fine. Got down there, got in my gown, stats were taken and I was good to go by 7. Had to take out my tongue ring but luckily it didn't close lol. At about 7:10 I was in the room getting nice and looped up on what the anesthesiologist liked to call my double margarita lol. They rolled me in to the OR around 7:20 and then "sent me to the Bahamas". Next thing I knew I was waking up. Very groggy but I recovered very quickly.

They expected me to be in recovery for about 2 hours before taking my xrays and moving me and within about 40 minutes I was up and ready to go. Drank that HORRIBLE contrast for my xrays and then everything seemed good so they moved me to another room. My dad and Kev came in. I talked to them for a while and then I slept for about 20 minutes. Woke up talked a few more minutes and they said they wanted me to pee. They had me drink some apple juice and my dad and Kev went out. By the time they came back I had peed and gotten dressed into my normal clothes. The nurses kept calling me "Miss Independent" because I didn't ask or wait for help from anyone. I even started to straighten up the room a little when I came back in lol. They then offered me a job lmao. I was expected to be released around 4 but being I was improving so quickly I was on my way home by 12:30. Dr. Pucci and the entire Good Sam staff were amazing. I could not have asked for better people to deal with!

They told me to expect gas pains from what they filled my stomach with in my shoulders and it would probably move around. I have been in and out of sleep all day but have stayed awake for the better part. I even went to my cousins house to visit with her and my aunt. With the exception of the gas pain the surgical part of it isn't unbearable. I will probably feel worse tomorrow but today it feels like I just took a really powerful punch to the stomach. I ate some broth and Jello and have been drinking my Protein and Water when I can actually breath. The air bubbles are right beneath my rib cage right now so breathing is a bit of a chore lol.

Anyway I will keep everyone posted on whats going on but I really from the bottom of my heart appreciate all the prayers, well wishes, and love. You have no idea how much that means to me

So at 5:30 this morning I was on my way to Good Sam for my lap band surgery. Surprisingly I honestly had about 6 seconds of nervousness and then was fine. Got down there, got in my gown, stats were taken and I was good to go by 7. Had to take out my tongue ring but luckily it didn't close lol. At about 7:10 I was in the room getting nice and looped up on what the anesthesiologist liked to call my double margarita lol. They rolled me in to the OR around 7:20 and then "sent me to the Bahamas". Next thing I knew I was waking up. Very groggy but I recovered very quickly.

They expected me to be in recovery for about 2 hours before taking my xrays and moving me and within about 40 minutes I was up and ready to go. Drank that HORRIBLE contrast for my xrays and then everything seemed good so they moved me to another room. My dad and Kev came in. I talked to them for a while and then I slept for about 20 minutes. Woke up talked a few more minutes and they said they wanted me to pee. They had me drink some apple juice and my dad and Kev went out. By the time they came back I had peed and gotten dressed into my normal clothes. The nurses kept calling me "Miss Independent" because I didn't ask or wait for help from anyone. I even started to straighten up the room a little when I came back in lol. They then offered me a job lmao. I was expected to be released around 4 but being I was improving so quickly I was on my way home by 12:30. Dr. Pucci and the entire Good Sam staff were amazing. I could not have asked for better people to deal with!

They told me to expect gas pains from what they filled my stomach with in my shoulders and it would probably move around. I have been in and out of sleep all day but have stayed awake for the better part. I even went to my cousins house to visit with her and my aunt. With the exception of the gas pain the surgical part of it isn't unbearable. I will probably feel worse tomorrow but today it feels like I just took a really powerful punch to the stomach. I ate some broth and Jello and have been drinking my Protein and Water when I can actually breath. The air bubbles are right beneath my rib cage right now so breathing is a bit of a chore lol.

Anyway I will keep everyone posted on whats going on but I really from the bottom of my heart appreciate all the prayers, well wishes, and love. You have no idea how much that means to me

The more walking you do the faster the gas will go, so just remember walk walk walk :)

T

Thank you T. I definitely have been walking as much as possible. I'm also standing, twisting, leaning and bending. No more shoulder pain and the rib pain has lessened by at least half. Considering I had surgery yesterday I feel pretty amazing!

Congratulations!! Glad that you are doing so amazing. I go next Friday to become an official April bandster and hope that I can do half as well as you. I will be watching your progress this week so I can have some idea of what I might experience. Thanks for sharing and good luck with continued speedy recovery!!

Good for you!!! I am getting mine next Wednesday!! Just hope i do as well as your are! Thank you for sharing!

Congrats on your surgery going so well. I was very excited to see you had your surgery done in Good Sam by Dr.Pucci (which one ?). I am a pt of Dr. Anthony Pucci, and am waiting for ins approval, but am hoping to have my surgery on April 29th. I am a little nervous, I keep reading about so many people having a lot of pain. I know it is not a walk in the park, so it it nice to read that you are doing so well. Anyway best of luck, and please keep us posted on your recovery.

Congratulations and welcome to bandland. I hope your stay is as nice as mine has been. Lol!

I had my surgery done by Dr. Richard but a friend of mine had his done by Dr. Anthony (he is doing extremely well also). I will tell you that I never in a million years would have doubted the care that that entire practice could give. I figured that today would have been a lot more painful for me but I woke up this morning after a fairly good nights sleep and feel even better than yesterday. The gas pain is still there but not quite as bad. They say it usually lasts about 3 days. Still feels like I took a punch to the stomach but its a dull pain, very tolerable. If you have any questions please feel free to message me and I wish you all the luck in the world

To everyone else that commented thank you so much for your kind words.

Congrats on your surgery going so well. I was very excited to see you had your surgery done in Good Sam by Dr.Pucci (which one ?). I am a pt of Dr. Anthony Pucci, and am waiting for ins approval, but am hoping to have my surgery on April 29th. I am a little nervous, I keep reading about so many people having a lot of pain. I know it is not a walk in the park, so it it nice to read that you are doing so well. Anyway best of luck, and please keep us posted on your recovery.

Hey, I was banded on 4/13 mine went pretty much like your's except I had horrible gas. Have you experienced the gurgling stomach yet. It started for me on day 2 post surgery. Let me know if you experience this. Congrats on being banded, keep in touch.