Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello There,

I was banded around 9:30 on April 12th. Things happened the way everyone described. I was ready to go home by 9:00 am this morning. I took a bath, some medicine and took a tall cup of apple juice to bed with me. I am still on full liquids because my band is snug due to swelling. I will be able to slowly move on to stage 3 of my diet by Saturday. I feel some soreness at the incision sight, but nothing unbearable. Can't wait to feel 100%. Walked up and down the stars a few times and that was helpful. Oh yeah, I did take two gas-x chewable tablets earlier and have not been too sick as of yet.

The minute you feel gas, walk and take gas-x! This will be the norm for about 3 days. Your stomach is swollen so it's hard to drink Water and Protein Shakes and medicine, but do it! You'll be a bit tired in the middle of the day, rest! Good luck! I'm 2 weeks post op today so it wasn't so long ago that I've forgotten the first few days!

Hey I was banded 4/13 I feel the same, all is cool but the gas is unbearable. I know one of my bansters said when you feel gas take gas x, I felt gas from the moment I woke from surgery and it has continued. It is barely moving. The surgery itself was easy but the gas is killing me...anyoone else suffering with gas this way?

I was banded on the 12th as well and am feeling great. I was blessed not to have any gas. I do burp alot though. I've been walking often and am on clears until tomorrow when I move to full liquids. So excited and I have no complaints or regrets!!!! Good luck on your journey!

thatgurl

Thanks for the replies everyone. I attempted to scale back on the pain medicine last night. What a big mistake. Every time I moved I felt everything. After taking the pain medicine this morning, i am feeling so much better. I took a popsicle after and that kept me awake. I then walked around the house and took two gas-x chews. So my point is that I am not going to try to be a hero, I am taking the pain medicine to take the edge off of things. I want this to be a wonderful experience and I am not going to let my siiliness of not trying to take my pain meds get in the way anymore. Once again, thanks guys!!!

I was banded on the 12th as well. I have not had any gas pains yet. But When I got home for the Hospital I took a 1.5 hour nap. Then I got up and walked 3/4 of a mile. I do have some pains around where my port is but nothing to bad. But I will tell you it hurts bad when I cough. I have lost 3.5 lbs since tuesday the 12th. I have been drinking Water and Jello, and Protein Shots. I went back to work today I feel great. BG

Thanks for the replies everyone. I attempted to scale back on the pain medicine last night. What a big mistake. Every time I moved I felt everything. After taking the pain medicine this morning, i am feeling so much better. I took a popsicle after and that kept me awake. I then walked around the house and took two gas-x chews. So my point is that I am not going to try to be a hero, I am taking the pain medicine to take the edge off of things. I want this to be a wonderful experience and I am not going to let my siiliness of not trying to take my pain meds get in the way anymore. Once again, thanks guys!!!

I was banded on the 12th too, and I have to ask, is this gas pain something you feel in your shoulders? My left shoulder is killing me (but only every once in a while) and pain meds dont help with that pain. Is this gas pain?

I was banded on the 12th too, and I have to ask, is this gas pain something you feel in your shoulders? My left shoulder is killing me (but only every once in a while) and pain meds dont help with that pain. Is this gas pain?

it's gas pain in the shoulder, eventually it will go away

Pain in your shoulders is gas. The thing that helped me the most was a heating pad, walking and also peppermint tea.

Yes - for some reason the gas settles in the shoulder. I found the heating pad REALLY helped!

I was banded on the 12th too! My incisions are a little sore, and it hurts to burp (I also had a HH repair) but the worst part is the gas for me, too. I feel it mostly in my back and shoulders.

Also, I've got some weird rash on my torso, I'm thinking maybe an allergic reaction to the tape they used to keep the gauze on? I'm heading in to see the P.A. at 10 so she can take a quick look.

I can't imagine moving up in food stages so fast! I'm on Clear liquids for a week, then whole liquids for a week, then I get cleared to have mushy food.< /p>

Hey guys it appears as this gas moves out my body it is also moving to different areas. I have gas in my shoulders, neck, and now a headache from the gas sitting in my shoulder. I also have gas in my back. Yes it hurts to cough and blow my nose. I am having soreness in my chest. My incisions are sore as well. I am suppose to be able to move to mushies and strained foods 2 days past surgery. I will play it by ear and see how I feel tomorrow when I wake up. Are you guys being required to do breathing exercises on the breathing machine to ensure pneumonia doesn't set in?

I was banded also on the 12th. Things are moving right along. Still am gassy, can feel it all over and my belly is constantly rolling, but I just keep walking. I guess eventually it will become absorbed or get passed. I am on clean liquids for a week, then a week on full liquids then I move to pureed. Drinking a cup of coffee this mornin tastes so good. Raining outside today so I guess I will walk laps around the inside of the house. Not really much actual pain, but more soreness. C-sectin, appendeatomy, and gall bladder removal were way more painful than this. good luck to everyone.

Thanks for all the advice! I always know I can come here for real help!!:rolleyes: I am supposed to do 7 days of liquid, then on to mushies. I have to say, that other than the wicked gas shoulder pain, Im feeling pretty good. I cant wait for this new life to really begin!! Yay us!!

I was banded on the 11th and I have had terrible gas pains from the minute I woke up. It has gotten better everyday. It is in my shoulders and back too. My stomach rumbles alot. I am having a hard time with thinking "am I hungry or is that gas?" The pain will shot right up my breast bone. My stomach feels real tight but is getting better. I am so glad I took a week off of work. I thought that the lapband was worse then a c-section just because of the gas pain alone. I will be so glad when I get to mushy foods. I am so tired of Protein Shakes and broth.< /p>